• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justcooler
    • Nov 2015
    • QLD

Mitsubishi ending production of Pajero in 2021

Saw this news on website https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...in-2021-report.

How true is it? There are previous reports on a joint design of a new Patrol and next generation Pajero but till now no news on production.
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

There have been many such reports of it's demise in recent years, so who knows for sure?

Recently there was a report by Whichcar that August 2020 would be the end for Oz sales.

Interestingly, I would have expected to see details of the MY21 model by now, so perhaps there is something to it?

As for a replacement model, perhaps shared with Nissan, I doubt it will appear within 5 years, due to the lead time for an all new car and no information at present that it has even been approved.

I think more likely would be a Pajero Sport replacement based on the next Triton which is being developed jointly with Nissan/Renault, but some years away yet. My tip is the next Pajero Sport will simply be called Pajero.................hopefully it is a bit larger than the current PS.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Diesel is becoming frowned upon around the world.

In the years ahead it will be interesting times to see which way car companies go with vehicles.

Add blue + DPF soon.

I see Volkswagaon is forging ahead with electric ambitions.

Hydrogen could be the next boom industry?
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Ozzz
        • May 2019
        • Brisbane

I was looking to buy a manual v8 vf2 commodore before it ceased to production. But my financial position wasn't allowed me to do so. And still, no more affordable v8 sedan for me.

I am so grateful that I have bought Pajero. Next car? I will check it out in 10 years to see what is out there.
        My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• oscaroo
            • Dec 2017
            • Sydney

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

This made me laugh from the above link.

While the writing is on the wall for the full-size Mitsubishi Pajero, the name will live on with the smaller and cheaper Mitsubishi Pajero Sport a heavy duty four-wheel-drive based on the Mitsubishi Triton ute.

Sales of the Sport are an embarrassment. I see many more NM/NP on the road than the Sport.

VFACTS 4WD sales show the Sport didn't make it into the top 10.

In April number 10 was MU-X with 339 sales.

May no top 10 Number 10 was BT-50 with 587.

June again no top 10. Number 10 was D-Max with 1137.

Triton Ute is going ok with 8,244 sales up to June this year.

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

More info here:

Interesting that the Pajero and the more modern Everest are selling in similar numbers.

Looks like there won't be a joint replacement wagon with Nissan. I wonder if there won't be a new Patrol either.

So the next generation Pajero Sport might be our only hope?
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Greater Sydney

No hope from me Spot.

Where do journalists source their information?

This from Spots link.

It sells less than half of the tally of its smaller stablemate, the Pajero Sport, but it’s almost outselling the much more modern Ford Everest.

VFACTS The Everest didn't make the top ten in April, May or June.

The 10th selling vehicle in April was the MU-X with a pitiful 337 sales. The Sport sold less.

My opinion for what it's worth is MM have shot themselves in the foot with both barrels.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                    My tip is the next Pajero Sport will simply be called Pajero.................hopefully it is a bit larger than the current PS.
                    But a Pajero it is not.

Comment

• craka
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • Newcastle (Newie)

I can be a bit of a pessimist, however I feel like that the Pajero may come back to what we know it as but with a totally different drive train, along the line of PHEV or whatever that is going into the 2022 Triton.

But who really knows until the time comes or passes?
                      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• littleriver
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Queensland

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                        But a Pajero it is not.
                        True that

(Modified Challenger)

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Ozzz
                          • May 2019
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by craka View Post
                          I can be a bit of a pessimist, however I feel like that the Pajero may come back to what we know it as but with a totally different drive train, along the line of PHEV or whatever that is going into the 2022 Triton.

But who really knows until the time comes or passes?
                          never know. the trend has changed. a highly defender copy Grenadirer
                          the ford Bronco are all hard core 4x4 and will be on market soon. Pajero may come back later
                          My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• nj swb
                            Resident
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                            But a Pajero it is not.
                            No, definitely not an evolution of the Gen 4. But it could be considered an evolution of the Gen 2.
                            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Mitsu07
                              • Dec 2014
                              • Central Cosst

Compared to anything else out there these things are bargain priced, go well, handle off road and seem to last for ages. Mine tows the van does ski trips each year, goes off road, gets borrowed by adult kids all the time. I asked the other half should we get a new one but she thinks I am being wasteful even though you can but them brand new in town for under $42500 on road but no tow bar for that price. Car yard said I would easily get $10k for my 2007 model even with biggish km’s on it. I have had to fix a few little things lately and had a weird diff noise traced to new nolathane bushes I replaced again with repco and Mitsubishi runner ones so in my mind a newbie seemed sensible. Anyway not a big issue.

Being a 2007 if I have a big fail off road in mine it won’t be a big financial loss.
                              Last edited by Mitsu07; 28-07-20, 09:24 PM. Reason: Typo
                              2inch lift Bilstein /Lovells, Safari Snorkel, MCC Steel Bar and Ironman 9500lbs winch.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X