• Nov 2007

Recall notices arrived in the post today

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

A couple of bits from the letter:

“Any accessories that you have fitted to your vehicle that you may want to keep you may remove.”
      “Any accessories that you cannot remove we can assist in dealership when you bring your vehicle in”

So by that, I think one would be able to keep wheels and tyres that you’ve fitted yourself, bullbars, racks, lights, etc etc, and not devalue what they will offer.

Though, it’s NOT going to be a fun process.
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
      Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• izain71
        • Jan 2020
        • Carlingford

was told by Mitsubishi, that they can give you a valuation with & without the accessories and can
        assist you to have them removed

Comment

• Mulcher
          • Mar 2019
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by arrow View Post
          Recall notices arrived in the post today
          Same here.

Comment

• Tuba
            • Feb 2015
            • Qld

Removal is somewhat pointless if you dont have another Pajero to fit them too. Selling 2nd hand they lose money. I didnt buy accessories to sell 2nd hand.
            For example I have an ARB locker, not even 3 months old, and over 700 odd of its costs (install, bearings etc) is dead money. I have an ARB winch bar that is pointless except on another Pajero. I wouldnt refuse another Pajero, but Im not going to limit myself and hunt another good one of that era.

Comment

• [TUFFTR]
              • Jun 2018
              • Victoria

Originally posted by Tuba View Post
              Removal is somewhat pointless if you dont have another Pajero to fit them too. Selling 2nd hand they lose money. I didnt buy accessories to sell 2nd hand.
              For example I have an ARB locker, not even 3 months old, and over 700 odd of its costs (install, bearings etc) is dead money. I have an ARB winch bar that is pointless except on another Pajero. I wouldnt refuse another Pajero, but Im not going to limit myself and hunt another good one of that era.
              Ooooo i wouldn't mind buying your locker!
              1993 Mitsubishi Magna/4L V6 DOHC 24v
              1991 Mitsubishi Pajero High-Roof JDM Import/4D56T
              2009 Mitsubishi Pajero NT VRX/3.2 DiD

Comment

• Alex86
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Here and there

Originally posted by Tuba View Post
                Whilst I agree that accessories weren’t bought to later sell, and that they aren’t worth as much as what I spent on them, I somewhat feel like removing mine just so that Mits don’t get them and likely destroy them. If I could sell something to someone who still has a non-recalled gen 2 (or other compatible vehicle) then I’d feel a lot better- and that the hard work I put in (time, effort, etc) hasn’t quite been wasted.
                Maybe someone else could use the drawers that I built (they are solid and work well!!). Or a spare snorkel. Or the rear worklight bracket.
                Maybe some accessories will suit whatever replacement vehicle I get, who knows.
                Last edited by Alex86; 13-02-20, 09:24 AM.
                '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• stumagoo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2014
                  • Perth WA S.O.R

this is my delemma I have my non airbag interior fitted and I am being told to remove all my gear and refit to a non airbag vehicle --- so I am to gtake my gear buy an unknown vehicle install all my gear and have exactly what I have now because some twit wont sign off my retrofitted interior from the exact same year and style of vehicle - came out of a 98 blister side NL and went into a 98 blister side Exceed --- oh my bad the donor had no electric windows woodgrain accents or rear ac.... so mine has to have airbags because it does
                  1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                  *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                  1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• gemster
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Gold Coast

Well, if you Guys have your Accessories that you would like to sell, List them up in the 'For Sale' section...

The non-airbag Owners may be interested in them... Like Me... Im interested in an ARB winch bar ... and other bits and pieces... All for the right price that is...

Gemster...
                    YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                    And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                    ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Tomalophicon
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Canberra

I'm sure there'll be compatibility with some components across non-affected (yet) Tritons and Delicas. Possibly Terracans.

Comment

• aussieguy
                        • Oct 2015
                        • Brisbane

NH-NJ-NK_NL(non-airbag) lots of models, the only things that won't fit are blisterside NL tailights, all other accessories will fit.
                        05/97 NK 3.5L DOHC - DEAD
                        02/00 NL 3.5L SOHC

Comment

• Scottyoffroad
                          • Jan 2011
                          • Bordertown, S.A

Mitsubishi Offer

Well... mine is done and dusted. Agreed to Mitsubishi's offer on Monday, returned plates to SA Service and then handed reciept to dealer.. Money was in my account Wednesday. I will list some accessories on the for sale forum in a week or so once I get back from a work trip.

Accessories for sale will be set of 5 sunraysia rims with 267/75-16 Mickey Thompson Muddys (4 x 50%, 1 x 90%). Cargo barrier with home made mounts and home made fridge cabinet with drawer.

Cheers Scotty.
                          1999 NL Escape. 380 Engine, Alloy Bullbar, TJM Full Length Alloy Rack, 16" Sunnies with 32" Muddies, 2" Lift, Sidesteps, Towbar, Cargo Barrier, UHF.... Wishlist: Front Lokka

Comment

• stumagoo
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2014
                            • Perth WA S.O.R

just got my recall notice - says in big bold letters stop driving your vehicle.... goes on to explain the issues and finishes with empty your car of all personal belongings and get it trasnported to a dealer --- if effected they will organise safe disposal of the vehicle --- there is also a paragraph stating that we are not allowed to deactivate the airbags until replacements become available - they claim that having no airbag is in breach of the adr's but it acutually is not - as the car came with airbags as an option so it meets adr's with no airbags - this means the info they are giving out is incorrect -

so I cant even claim I have not been informed of the recall now ---- there is also no mention of waiving the buy back option and continuing driving....

they do however apologise for any inconvenience
                            1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                            1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• arrow
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2007

Today I spoke to an automotive engineer about the issue and the possibility of fitting a compatible steering wheel from a later model which is not affected by the recall and for which airbags would be available should that replacement later be deemed to have dodgy airbags.
                              His opinion was that it was a possibility in theory but required further investigation. The primary consideration was the replacement steering wheel having an IDENTICAL multi pin so that it matched the existing one. Then there was also the consideration that the signals from the sensors and controller matched the new installation and worked in the same manner and intent to activate the new airbag as the original.
                              The electrical aspect of cruise control etc could be worked around with new looms but the multi pin had to be identical.
                              With that in mind, is anyone aware of a steering wheel off any other sort of Mitsubishi that is a match for the NL one?
                              I’ll approach a dealer when I’m home to see if they can assist but I’m a bit pessimistic as to how far they will go to help.
                              Should it transpire to be possible it would require the correct engineering document to get it past (the RMS in NSW in this case) to allow continued registration and that would come at a cost. For me, though, that is preferable than having my car bought back by MMA at “current market value” something which is now severely depressed seeing the vehicles cannot be repaired due lack of a suitable airbag replacement.
                              So, if anyone can shed some light on steering wheel compatibility it will help to determine if this is a realistic option.

Comment

• stumagoo
                                Valued Member
                                • Jun 2014
                                • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by arrow View Post
                                Today I spoke to an automotive engineer about the issue and the possibility of fitting a compatible steering wheel from a later model which is not affected by the recall and for which airbags would be available should that replacement later be deemed to have dodgy airbags.
                                His opinion was that it was a possibility in theory but required further investigation. The primary consideration was the replacement steering wheel having an IDENTICAL multi pin so that it matched the existing one. Then there was also the consideration that the signals from the sensors and controller matched the new installation and worked in the same manner and intent to activate the new airbag as the original.
                                The electrical aspect of cruise control etc could be worked around with new looms but the multi pin had to be identical.
                                With that in mind, is anyone aware of a steering wheel off any other sort of Mitsubishi that is a match for the NL one?
                                I’ll approach a dealer when I’m home to see if they can assist but I’m a bit pessimistic as to how far they will go to help.
                                Should it transpire to be possible it would require the correct engineering document to get it past (the RMS in NSW in this case) to allow continued registration and that would come at a cost. For me, though, that is preferable than having my car bought back by MMA at “current market value” something which is now severely depressed seeing the vehicles cannot be repaired due lack of a suitable airbag replacement.
                                So, if anyone can shed some light on steering wheel compatibility it will help to determine if this is a realistic option.

I believe the magna wheel is the only one that is pure plug and play with no rewiring required.... that said there has been no crash testing dne to ensure it deploys as expected. I suspect that this is going to be the downfall of that option

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X