Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 16-01-20
Valued Member

Thanks, it was for me that the original post was made as I didn't have internet access at the time.
The intent was to determine what was a realistic reading towards deciding if the system needed topping up which, from the replies, needs doing. Now that I'm back in civilisation I will get the car to an auto air-cond place (when it eventually arrives in Melbourne **) armed with the knowledge of what is a reasonable air-conditioning expectation. Thanks for all the replies.

** On the trip home the crankshaft bolt snapped and the harmonic balancer fell off. We managed to limp into a nearby town where they were able to extract what remained of the bolt from the crankshaft end and fit a new harmonic balancer. Picked the car up and drove it to the motel to load the bags. Then, when starting for the drive home it wouldn't fire up. They towed it back to the workshop and got it going, they suspected some water ingress after giving it a pretty strong pressure wash. After they took it for around a 12km test drive I went back to collect it again but with the same result - I couldn't start it.
After lots of effort they reckon the CAS was possibly damaged when the harmonic balancer came adrift but they hadn't picked it.
End result was a hire car home and the car (with trailer) to follow on a flat bed in a few days for rectification at my usual mechanics.
Old 16-01-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
. . . On the trip home the crankshaft bolt snapped and the harmonic balancer fell off. . . . (after a repair) when starting for the drive home it wouldn't fire up. . . . back to the workshop . . . they suspected some water ingress. . . . (after another 'repair') I went back to collect it again but . . . couldn't start it.
. . . hire car home and the car (with trailer) to follow on a flat bed . . .
Oh, the joy, what unmitigated joy.

Good luck with all that . . .
Paj. Sport Exceed MY2019 - 'Genuine' Tow Bar / Boo's Bash Plates / SS Hoops on an Ironman Bull Bar with Recovery Points / 7" 48W LED Driving Lights / Western Filters/Provent 200 Catch Can / at 3,400km, its first pin-stripes - *he winces*
Old 04-02-20

Default Aircon thermostat setting

Just confirming that 4 deg C was a good setting and what we used to aim for when setting A/C thermostats in vehicles. Old Auto Elec
Old 04-02-20
Valued Member

I thought you were in the US mulcher? Just noticed your local says Melbourne now
Old 04-02-20
Valued Member

Thereís a Melbourne in Florida....

Anyways, mine only gets down to about 9 deg. Itís definitely nice and cold.
Using a cheapo kitchen thermometer thatís by no means confirmed accurate!

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 05-02-20
Valued Member

Hmmm, so there is!