Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pb4x2
    • May 2015
    • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Last weekend did engine oil and filter change at 70,000ks after six years of trouble free motoring and fitted a new rear spoiler. I the last six years of ownership I have only seen one other PB/PC Challenger with a rear spoiler.
    2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• Jayctee
      • Mar 2015
      • Brisbane

Rear spoiler.

Any chance of a pic ? Where did you get it, what price ?
      SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
      SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto

Comment

• Last Mohican
        • Mar 2016
        • Sydney

Yeah how do they mount, I was thinking of getting one as I thought it might help keep the rear window clean , only seen one myself
        December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

• amec
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Wamberal

Removed and cleaned my intercooler, not nearly as much yuckyness in there since fitting the catch can.
          PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• pb4x2
            • May 2015
            • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Originally posted by Jayctee View Post
            Any chance of a pic ? Where did you get it, what price ?

Purchased from Conor Pearson of Greenbank Mob.0409915933 Price $80. Message me on 0401293304 and I will forward photos.

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• pb4x2
              • May 2015
              • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Originally posted by Last Mohican View Post
              Yeah how do they mount, I was thinking of getting one as I thought it might help keep the rear window clean , only seen one myself

They are new genuine Mitsubishi and come complete with hardware and templates and require three holes to be drilled in the rear door.

Comment

• Gerokit
                • Oct 2015
                • Geraldton

intercooler hose split

car started missing and running a bit weird so had a look under the bonnet and nice big split in cold side intercooler hose. The hose had oil in it so I guess the intercooler is up next for a clean. Hose was only $148 genuine. Catch Can is next followed by 3" SS exhaust and a retune. Lots of homework trying to find new parts in Perth

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Gerokit View Post
                  car started missing and running a bit weird so had a look under the bonnet and nice big split in cold side intercooler hose. The hose had oil in it so I guess the intercooler is up next for a clean. Hose was only $148 genuine. Catch Can is next followed by 3" SS exhaust and a retune. Lots of homework trying to find new parts in Perth
                  Caution on the 3" exhaust system upgrade and tune.There is currently a fellow Challenger owner having engine limp mode issues, it looks like it could be the 3" system and the tune that is causing the problem but not confirmed yet.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Gerokit
                    • Oct 2015
                    • Geraldton

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                    Caution on the 3" exhaust system upgrade and tune.There is currently a fellow Challenger owner having engine limp mode issues, it looks like it could be the 3" system and the tune that is causing the problem but not confirmed yet.

OJ.
                    Good info, mines manual, and there’s no hills in WA. I’ll run this info past the exhaust guys see what they say. Surely there’s other Challengers out there that run the 3” system with no dramas. My EGR hasn’t been touched apparently the tune switches it off. Might try the exhaust first then the tune unless I can get a convincing no limp mode error from the fitters. On the hunt for a catch can to stop the oil flood in the inter cooler.

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Gerokit View Post
                      Good info, mines manual, and there’s no hills in WA. I’ll run this info past the exhaust guys see what they say. Surely there’s other Challengers out there that run the 3” system with no dramas. My EGR hasn’t been touched apparently the tune switches it off. Might try the exhaust first then the tune unless I can get a convincing no limp mode error from the fitters. On the hunt for a catch can to stop the oil flood in the inter cooler.
                      There are engine generated fault codes and there are automatic transmission fault codes, so just because it is a manual transmission doesn't mean you can not get engine fault codes. In fact you maybe more susceptable to boost related fault codes if you go have a manual because the engine is tuned to give an extra 50Nm (15%) more torque in the mid rpm range of 1500 rpm to 3500 rpm, than the auto. Both the manual and the auto have the same diameter exhaust system which is 2.125".

Here is a counter opinion on why a larger exhaust is not necessarily better.
                      Why You Shouldn’t Support Mandatory Vaccinations  Last updated 22/07/2019 Imagine you’re a design engineer for a vehicle manufacturer. You’ve been tasked with increasing the power outpu…

2.75" exhaust upgrade seem to be the most popular and those with them seem happy with the results. Maybe 2.5" is better, or is the factory 2.15" best, I do not know ??????

OJ.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• itsamitsi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2015
                        • Hervey Bay Queensland

Also dependent on cat cell quantity. Of the performance exhaust packages they tend to go the 100 cell cats for diesels. I opted for the 200 cell cat for a little more back pressure. I haven't fitted it yet ( it's only been sitting around for nearly 3 years!!) but I will shortly and have been told this cat and 3" exhaust is fine on a Challenger. That reminds me my LR tank needs to be fitted and I've had it for at least 2 years...
                        Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Giddyup
                          • Oct 2013
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                          There are engine generated fault codes and there are automatic transmission fault codes, so just because it is a manual transmission doesn't mean you can not get engine fault codes. In fact you maybe more susceptable to boost related fault codes if you go have a manual because the engine is tuned to give an extra 50Nm (15%) more torque in the mid rpm range of 1500 rpm to 3500 rpm, than the auto. Both the manual and the auto have the same diameter exhaust system which is 2.125".

Here is a counter opinion on why a larger exhaust is not necessarily better.
                          Why You Shouldn’t Support Mandatory Vaccinations  Last updated 22/07/2019 Imagine you’re a design engineer for a vehicle manufacturer. You’ve been tasked with increasing the power outpu…

2.75" exhaust upgrade seem to be the most popular and those with them seem happy with the results. Maybe 2.5" is better, or is the factory 2.15" best, I do not know ??????

OJ.
                          My tuners advice was autos are more susceptible to boost related error codes as there is no need to lift off the accelerator to change gears. The ecu seems to tolerate high boost if you back off the pedal occasionally.
                          MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• 15challenger
                            • Oct 2015
                            • Adelaide

If people are having issues with over boosting with larger exhausts fitted maybe a Dawes valve would help. This will at least be able to cap the boost pressure and eliminate any spiking. Obviously it’s better to eliminate the problem rather than bandaid it but it should stop these overboost errors and limp modes
                            2015 PC EGR blocked, Provent 200, Rhino pioneer platform with ARB awning, Smartbar, Safari snorkel, Unifilter, Kaymar rear bar, 265/70r16 LTD697's and a couple other odds and sods

Comment

• Kingbrown
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2012
                              • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
                              I'll be going ahead with getting the spacers made. If anyone else wants to be included then let me know by Tuesday 23rd.
                              The spacers are ready to deliver and I have pm'd the four people who had already expressed interest.

There is one set of spacers that is still available.

$40 per set of four plus postage.
                              Please pm me if you wish to secure the remaining set.
                              Last edited by Kingbrown; 06-06-19, 02:50 PM. Reason: Updated remaining quantity
                              2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Kingbrown
                                Valued Member
                                • Apr 2012
                                • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
                                The spacers are ready to deliver and I have pm'd the four people who had already expressed interest.

There is one set of spacers that is still available.

$40 per set of four plus postage.
                                Please pm me if you wish to secure the remaining set.

Five sets of sacers have been posted out. Thanks to Onyx, Russ1, Ozzyal, PeePee for supporting this.

There's still one set of spacers available. PM me if you want take them off my hands.
                                2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X