• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sparky11
    • Jan 2017
    • Tea Gardens NSW

Fault Code P0073

Had fault code P0073 " Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input" yesterday whilst towing a 1880 kg van. The CEL light went out when the car cooled down. Have the EGR mod and a Automate lockup kit fitted. The Egr mod has been fitted for about 18 months without a problem thus far, the Automate unit has only been installed for a couple of days but would not think it would cause this fault, any thoughts on what could cause this. Also should I clear the fault or leave it in the system.
  • Kingbrown
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Port Augusta - SA

The listing that I have talks of 'No 2 Intake Air Temperature Sensor High Input'.

This would be the tempetature sensor on the intake manifold.
    It could be a bad connection on the sensor's plug (or the plug not pushed on properly).

You could measure the resistance of the sensor from the back of the plug when cold and also after a drive (when hot) whilst noting the temperature. Report back here and we should be able to tell if the sensor is healthy or not.
    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

EGR mod is the most likely problem if it is the resistor in series type and you also have a dirty thermister. Clean the thermistor and try again, if this fails remove the EGR mod.

Auto Mate will have not effect and not generate this code.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Kingbrown
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Port Augusta - SA

OJ,
        Wouldn't the EGR resistor mod be associated with a code P0112 or P0113 (No 1 Air intake temperature sensor) ?
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Sparky11
          • Jan 2017
          • Tea Gardens NSW

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
          EGR mod is the most likely problem if it is the resistor in series type and you also have a dirty thermister. Clean the thermistor and try again, if this fails remove the EGR mod.

Auto Mate will have not effect and not generate this code.

OJ.
          Yes after a discussion with Martin from M&M I am convinced it is not caused by Automate, Don't have anything to check the resistance as discussed but will check when I return home, have done another 100 Klms since with no reoccurrence of fault so maybe is just one of those things. On Automate I cant believe how much better the car is to drive while towing no more slushbox feel almost a must have if towing.

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
            OJ,
            Wouldn't the EGR resistor mod be associated with a code P0112 or P0113 (No 1 Air intake temperature sensor) ?

My mistake Kingbrown, I got the No1 and No2 mixed up.

It will not be EGR related if it is No2 Air Intake senor.

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X