• Show
Clear All
  • NTX
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Torque Pro app.

Dear Gang,

Has anyone had any issues connecting the Torque Pro app to their OBD2? I have a BAFX android version OBD2. I also have the MMCS and I suspect the issue may arise from the handsfree, but not certain. When I have disconnected the handsfree I have been able to connect the TP app, but that may have been a coincidence. I have followed the BAFX setup to the letter, but no cosistant joy.

Matt
    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.
  • rykiel575
    • Sep 2017
    • Sydney

Torque pro needs bluetooth to work so if your handsfree is bluetooth you cant have them both on unless it has some sort of dual bt system.
    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• NTX
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
      Torque pro needs bluetooth to work so if your handsfree is bluetooth you cant have them both on unless it has some sort of dual bt system.

Hi mate, I think I just found the solution in an old thread https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ght=torque+app

We are on the right track, in as much as the MMCS is trying to connect hands free at the same time. The forum member above at the first emntry mentions this and found that by allowing the Torque app connect forst then manually connecting the handsfree it worked ok. Te two are competing to connect to the phone at the same time and it crashes the bluetooth connect. Seems bloody ridiculous really, but it is what it is. Im tipping this does not happen with more modern head units that are not MMCS!
      2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by NTX View Post
        Im tipping this does not happen with more modern head units that are not MMCS!
        I have a cheap Android head unit, and have few troubles. I have an app on the phone that fires up Torque when the phone connects to the head unit - so the head unit is normally connected before Torque tries.

I do still have occasional problems where my phone loses its pairing with the OBD2 dongle. That can be a pain to fix, but I think it's more a problem with the dongle.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• NTX
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Niddrie, Melbourne.

I got a response from BAFX OBD2, which echoes what the member in the previous post:

Tony R.
          (BAFX Products / Simplistex)

Jan 14, 11:58 PM CST
          Hi Matt,

Can you try unpairing the vehicles hands free, setting up the OBD reader and then going back and pairing the hands free again and see if that changes anything? Sometimes simply changing the order of pairing will clear up these types of problems.
          Tony R.
          BAFX Products
          Milwaukee, WI

Comment

• NTX
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2010
            • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Still having dramas with this app. BAFX even sent me a new OBD2, thinking it was the dongle. I have tried stoping the autoconnect on the MMCS, but to no avail. I downloaded a free crappy scan app and it connected straight away to the OBD2. Got me stuffed!!

Comment

• NTX
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Well, I just discovered the issue. It actually appears to be my phone (Galaxy S6 edge), or at least he way it is configured. I grabed my wifes S7, downloaded the Torque Pro app and boom, connected in 5 seconds flat!

Matt.
              Last edited by NTX; 31-01-19, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• NTX
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be? I presume it is app based. As in some other app I have is interfering with the Torque Pro app.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X