Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

MY16 NX GLS Build Thread

I took delivery of my MY16 NX GLS last week

I chose white with only a couple of options:
    • MM Towbar
    • MM Spare Wheel Lift

It will be my daily drive. My plans are to build it into a touring rig towing a camper trailer of some kind preferably a hybrid camper but we'll see. It will still need to function as the family weekender.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-03-16, 08:14 AM.
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

The Wishlist:

• Tyres - Bridgestone D697
    • Secondary Fuel Filter - Donaldson P903316 Kit
    • Engine Monitor - BT Adapter with Torque Pro
    • Bullbar
    • SPV Mod
    • Electronic Brake Control Harness with TowPro Elite
    • CB Radio - GME 4500
    • Roof Rack - Rhino Pioneer Rack
    • Driving Lights - Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000
    • Floor Mats
    • Cargo Barrier - Autosafe 1/2 barrier
    • Snorkel
    • Diff Breathers
    • Roley's Rear Bash Plate
    • Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Tranny and Transfer Plates
    • Spare Wheel Cover
    • Footrest
    • Onboard Compressor and Air Tank
    • Suspension Lift
    • Winch
    • 2nd Batt in Rear Tub
    • Side Steps/Rock Sliders
    • Rear Storage Solution

Colour Code:
    • Wish
    • Aquired pending installation
    • Installed
    Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-02-19, 11:45 AM. Reason: List Updated
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

That....looks familiar. Well done on your purchase. The paj will serve you well.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Sydney

First Mod: Tyres

It came with Bridgestone Dueller H/T's. So I investigated the possibility to change these over to 697's with my tyre place that I've been going to for years. They came back with a price of $850 to change over all five. A bit pricey I thought and may have to wait until the H/T's wear and that could be years.

On the spur of the moment I dropped into the Jax Tyres around the corner from me. The franchisee, Ainslie, came up with $380 for all five. Done deal!

I stayed with the OEM size 265/60R18 too. Too difficult to source a complete set of 17" rims and then there would also be the cost of the rims and tyres. I'd also be left with the OEM wheels to dispose of somehow so I stayed with the 18's.

Here's a pic still with the blue protective dye.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-03-16, 08:15 AM. Reason: Reattach pic

Build Thread

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2013
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          That....looks familiar. Well done on your purchase. The paj will serve you well.
          Dave
          I'd seen it somewhere before...

Build Thread

Comment

• PBO
            • Dec 2014
            • SA

Hi
            may I ask what influenced your move to this particular tyre?
            PBO
            PBO

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Cool. As of an hour ago, I just did the same thing. I got the same options as you, but I took a 5 seater povo pack, added tow pro controller, dash mat, h/l protectors and weather shield, MMA workshop manual and 1 x 17" steel rim.

Been in contact with both bushskinz and ARB. The vehicle purchase, just the beginning. I take delivery next week. I look forward to see how our respective buses get modded over time. I have to act quickly, I have a CSR trip coming up in August.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2013
                • Sydney

Plenty of good reviews for a start. Value is another, the BFG's are about $200 a tyre more. Coopers have a large advertising campaign which tends to make me question the product closely. Unfortunately for them one of the tyre guys I spoke to didn't rate them at least for the cost vs performance.

Build Thread

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                  Cool. As of an hour ago, I just did the same thing. I got the same options as you, but I took a 5 seater povo pack, added tow pro controller, dash mat, h/l protectors and weather shield, MMA workshop manual and 1 x 17" steel rim.

Been in contact with both bushskinz and ARB. The vehicle purchase, just the beginning. I take delivery next week. I look forward to see how our respective buses get modded over time. I have to act quickly, I have a CSR trip coming up in August.
                  Congrats I realised I should have bargained for the FSM as well along with dash and floor mats. What made you pull the pin, have you lost reliability confidence in the NP after Fitzgerald?

Build Thread

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Sydney

Fitted the slim-line weather shields. Non-genuine and a bit "cheap" but I'm guessing that they are a copy of the genuines?

I also got a bonnet protector. Also seems to be a copy, at least the fitting instructions were. However after mucking around only to discover that the pre-cut slots were off-centre I had to take it off to elongate the slots. Put it back on and now discover that the passenger side is sitting about 30mm away from the bonnet. The driver's side was snug and where I expected it to be.

On closer inspection it looks like the acrylic hasn't been folded over symmetrically. I took to it with my heat gun but my first attempt hasn't netted the desired outcome. Called the supplier and I await their reply. I haven't mentioned the heat gun yet.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-03-16, 08:18 AM. Reason: Reattach pics

Build Thread

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Sydney

Picked up a Donaldson fuel filter kit a couple of days ago. I ordered it before I got the car. Forgivable given the price was $110 inc. GST. I was looking on eBay too preparing to ship in when I found this mob just down the road.

The kit comes complete even including the brass barbs. The only bit missing is a small length of fuel line and a few hose clamps.

I think I'll wait until after the 1500km service to install. My preference is to install it as a secondary, ie after the factory. There was some mention of this setup affecting the warranty so I'll try to investigate further.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 06-03-16, 08:20 AM. Reason: Reattach pic

Build Thread

Comment

• underdog
                        • Jan 2015
                        • Campbelltown, NSW.

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                        Picked up a Donaldson fuel filter kit a couple of days ago. I ordered it before I got the car. Forgivable given the price was $110 inc. GST. I was looking on eBay too preparing to ship in when I found this mob just down the road.

The kit comes complete even including the brass barbs. The only bit missing is a small length of fuel line and a few hose clamps.

I think I'll wait until after the 1500km service to install. My preference is to install it as a secondary, ie after the factory. There was some mention of this setup affecting the warranty so I'll try to investigate further.
                        Not a bad deal there mate, dare I ask who this "mob just down the road" are?
                        2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
                        Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

What made you pull the pin, have you lost reliability confidence in the NP after Fitzgerald?
                          No not really, its been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Rebuilt, it will be back there again. But it is 12 years old and I do go remote a bit, so I think its time. Have been thinking about it for a while, especially if in a couple of years the paj is no more.

Wow, those windows look dark, and I like the weather shields. After my last 3 vehicles having a bonnet protector, i find them a pita, especially when washing, so I've decided to give it a miss this time around.
                          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Naviguesser
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2013
                            • Crib Point Vic

Fitted the slim-line weather shields. Non-genuine and a bit "cheap" but I'm guessing that they are a copy of the genuines?

I also got a bonnet protector. Also seems to be a copy, at least the fitting instructions were. However after mucking around only to discover that the pre-cut slots were off-centre I had to take it off to elongate the slots. Put it back on and now discover that the passenger side is sitting about 30mm away from the bonnet. The driver's side was snug and where I expected it to be.

On closer inspection it looks like the acrylic hasn't been folded over symmetrically. I took to it with my heat gun but my first attempt hasn't netted the desired outcome. Called the supplier and I await their reply. I haven't mentioned the heat gun yet.
                            I most likely got mine from the same supplier.
                            Had to slot out the mounting holes on the bonnet protector as well.
                            But otherwise it fits well enough.

The weather shields are darker than I would like and restrict vision around the A pillar a bit. You can't get genuine though.
                            MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                            ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                            TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                            Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • Sydney

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                              Not a bad deal there mate, dare I ask who this "mob just down the road" are?
                              I should have said so... it's Filters Plus, Unanderra 02 4271 8000 and speak to Peter.

I just ordered an Autosafe 1/2 Cargo Barrier from him as well, supply only. Turns out Bar Tech Bullbars is the same guy.

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X