Below Nav Bar

Collapse

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PBding
    • May 2010
    • Canberra

Originally posted by Chris4x4 View Post
    Do you have contact details please am considering one thanks
    I was also impressed so typed tigerz11 in google and found their site. Lots of nice things to spend on, but do I really need a rack and an awning? Can I justify it to the non-navigator, it's something that would be noticed, not like a chip exhaust tyres etc.
    NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• j3st3r
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2011
      • Mildura

Originally posted by PBding View Post
      Another reason not to wash cars, but a bit of a pain nevertheless, hope it's back on the road soon.
      Compared to the Merc's front end damage and the Navara's two drivers side doors that were knocked out of alignment and a bit bent up the Challenger came out of it well and is still drivable. More cosmetic type damage, luckily as we are heading up to Bright and the snow in a few weeks.

Guess it goes to show that they are well put together
      Attached Files
      Last edited by j3st3r; 20-06-12, 07:46 PM.
      PB MY12 LS Challenger, Auto, White.
      Window Tint, Hayman Reese Towpack, NudgeBar, BushSkinz Bash Plates, HID High Beam Kit, 28" LED Light Bar, Oricom UHF280, Maxxis 980 A/T, Lovells CRR-69 Springs, SPV EGR Mk3.1

Comment

• Black Challenger
        • Nov 2010
        • Perth

I'd be knocking some heads about
        2010 LS PB Challenger, Black Mica, 5 Sp Auto, ARB Colour Coded Deluxe Bar, ARB Underbody Protection Panels, IPF 900 Extreme Series Lights, IPF Clear Covers, ARB Fog Lights, GME TX3340 UHF Radio, GME AE4018 Aerial, Old Man Emu Coils and Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport Shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 285/70/17 Tires, 3M Black Window Tint, Rhino-Rack Sportz Rail Bars SX B2, Rhino-Rack Steel Mesh Platform Rack, Ironman 4 x4 Awning, 40L Engel, ARB Fridge Slide, BRC Extended Diff Breathers, HR Towbar.

Comment

• 02-SR5
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2010
          • Toowoomba

Good time to upgrade to a bullbar now and claim it on their insurance.

Rob
          MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• RMX
            • Apr 2011
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by Chris4x4 View Post
            Do you have contact details please am considering one thanks

TIGERZ11 PTY LTD
            39 Industrial Park Drive,
            Lilydale, VIC 3140

Ph: (03) 9738 7318

Originally posted by PBding View Post
            I was also impressed so typed tigerz11 in google and found their site. Lots of nice things to spend on, but do I really need a rack and an awning? Can I justify it to the non-navigator, it's something that would be noticed, not like a chip exhaust tyres etc.
            They sell a lot of gear and I'm impressed with the quality of what I've seen so far, I'll be getting an awning from them when they come back into stock.

---

Sorry to hear about your rig j3st3r, Sounds like the time for Challenger damage as mine got hit in a carpark on Monday and the bastards didn't leave a note!

and +1 to upgrading to a bullbar at their cost.
            Last edited by RMX; 20-06-12, 04:29 PM.
            The first XROX equipped Challenger.

XROX Bar and Rock Sliders, 4" Stainless Steel Snorkel by Raslarr Engineering, 3" Lift with Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks and Dobinson Springs, 33s, KMC HD Heist Wheels, Winch, Boo's Bash Plates, Locked, HID's, 9" & 4" LED Spotlights, Tinted, Custom Roof Console with UHF and relocated MFC, Custom rear storage with drawer, fridge slide, hard wired air compressor and 15" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

*Click links above to be taken to each build post*

Comment

• j3st3r
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2011
              • Mildura

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
              Good time to upgrade to a bullbar now and claim it on their insurance.

Rob
              I have thought about a bullbar but don't really want to have to alter the suspension to handle the extra weight on the front end, and as a lot of people have posted when they cut the guards they screw up inside the wheel arches.
              Window Tint, Hayman Reese Towpack, NudgeBar, BushSkinz Bash Plates, HID High Beam Kit, 28" LED Light Bar, Oricom UHF280, Maxxis 980 A/T, Lovells CRR-69 Springs, SPV EGR Mk3.1

Comment

• Marty V
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Cranbourne, Vic

Originally posted by j3st3r View Post
                I have thought about a bullbar but don't really want to have to alter the suspension to handle the extra weight on the front end, and as a lot of people have posted when they cut the guards they screw up inside the wheel arches.
                What brand is the nudge bar? its a lot bigger than the genuine one...

Comment

• Tony G
                  • Aug 2011
                  • Geelong

Hi Chris4x4
                  How is the wind noise with the basket, also have you driven with just the cross bars if so how is the noise from them.
                  2012 LS, manual, Ironbark. Factory Tow Bar, TJM High Loop Nudge Bar, GME UHF, Prodigy P3 brake controller.

Comment

• Chris4x4
                    • May 2012
                    • Geelong

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                    Hi Chris4x4
                    How is the wind noise with the basket, also have you driven with just the cross bars if so how is the noise from them.
                    Sorry Tony I don't have basket yet just considering it I believe the basket has integral mountings and no separate cross bars, couple others have it and will reply
                    Cheers
                    2022 Paj Sport, Grey, nicely hidden factory towbar, thanks MM,

Comment

• RMX
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Melbourne

The silver Challenger with the roof basket is mine Tony.

The added wind noise of the basket unloaded is noticeable but not enough to intrude at 100km/h, Once the stereo on I can barely notice any additional wind noise.
                      I expected it to make alot more noise than it does. I've found there to be no discernible wind noise below 80km/h either.

Since I have had several messages and there appears to be some interest - It seems several Challengers will be sporting one of these before long.

When fitting the basket, The process is this:
                      Screw the mounting brackets to cross bars ensuring they fit on the factory rails. Take note the factory roof rails are wider at the front and taper in towards the rear and the mounting points for the basket are not spaced evenly along the basket as you will see from the below photo..

Bolt the cross bars to the basket and then lift the completed roof basket/cross bar assembly onto the roof rails and then tighten the mounting clamps and put on the anti-theft nuts.

The cross bars can only be used separately if you remove the entire roof basket and cross bars, unbolt the basket and then remount the cross bars without the basket attached. This was not a factor for me as I don't foresee a need for 'regular' roof racks.

Here is a side view to give an example on where the basket sits and where the cross bars mount:

Last edited by RMX; 22-06-12, 01:28 AM.
                      The first XROX equipped Challenger.

XROX Bar and Rock Sliders, 4" Stainless Steel Snorkel by Raslarr Engineering, 3" Lift with Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks and Dobinson Springs, 33s, KMC HD Heist Wheels, Winch, Boo's Bash Plates, Locked, HID's, 9" & 4" LED Spotlights, Tinted, Custom Roof Console with UHF and relocated MFC, Custom rear storage with drawer, fridge slide, hard wired air compressor and 15" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

*Click links above to be taken to each build post*

Comment

• Black Challenger
                        • Nov 2010
                        • Perth

Originally posted by RMX View Post
                        The silver Challenger with the roof basket is mine Tony.

The added wind noise of the basket unloaded is noticeable but not enough to intrude at 100km/h, Once the stereo on I can barely notice any additional wind noise.
                        I expected it to make alot more noise than it does. I've found there to be no discernible wind noise below 80km/h either.

Since I have had several messages and there appears to be some interest - It seems several Challengers will be sporting one of these before long.

When fitting the basket, The process is this:
                        Screw the mounting brackets to cross bars ensuring they fit on the factory rails. Take note the factory roof rails are wider at the front and taper in towards the rear and the mounting points for the basket are not spaced evenly along the basket as you will see from the below photo..

Bolt the cross bars to the basket and then lift the completed roof basket/cross bar assembly onto the roof rails and then tighten the mounting clamps and put on the anti-theft nuts.

The cross bars can only be used separately if you remove the entire roof basket and cross bars, unbolt the basket and then remount the cross bars without the basket attached. This was not a factor for me as I don't foresee a need for 'regular' roof racks.

Here is a side view to give an example on where the basket sits and where the cross bars mount:

Can you take a photo from the front or rear of the Challenger, I'm interested in the amount of overhang on each side of the roof.
                        2010 LS PB Challenger, Black Mica, 5 Sp Auto, ARB Colour Coded Deluxe Bar, ARB Underbody Protection Panels, IPF 900 Extreme Series Lights, IPF Clear Covers, ARB Fog Lights, GME TX3340 UHF Radio, GME AE4018 Aerial, Old Man Emu Coils and Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport Shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 285/70/17 Tires, 3M Black Window Tint, Rhino-Rack Sportz Rail Bars SX B2, Rhino-Rack Steel Mesh Platform Rack, Ironman 4 x4 Awning, 40L Engel, ARB Fridge Slide, BRC Extended Diff Breathers, HR Towbar.

Comment

• j3st3r
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2011
                          • Mildura

Originally posted by Marty V View Post
                          What brand is the nudge bar? its a lot bigger than the genuine one...
                          Howdy Marty,

Its a non genuine stainless steel bar that I got of ebay for $240 + freight. When it arrived the label on it said that it was for a 2006 Triton but it bolted straight up onto the Challenger chassis with the exception of the upper mounts where I had to cut through bottom grill and part of the bumper. The actual bar came out with out a dent or a scratch on it, from what I can see underneath just the brackets may need to be replaced.

Comment

• j3st3r
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • Mildura

Originally posted by seagoon77 View Post
                            Yesterday I fitted a Baja Designs 10" LED Light Bar, more than impressed with the light output. Pity I didn't realise how good they are before now.

Warren.
                            Could the baja's be used to replace your other lights are they bright enough. I noticed o their web site it says you can get spot and driving patterns.

Comment

• Ballfyboy
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2007
                              • Brisbane

Thought there was a little to much talking...

NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

• unknown
                                • Feb 2010

damn, you got yourself a bit of air on that one!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X