• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete1000
    • Mar 2010
    • Sunshine Coast

slight vibration NM 2000 Auto Petrol 2000 rpm

Hi Guys,
    I have a slight vibration that occurs between 2000 - 2300 RPM This is in all gears & while free reving , however it falls right between 95 & 110 kph in 5th and although slight it is anoying.

The rubber muffler hanger appears 50mm stretched down?

but the engine mounts appear ok ? any Idears.

Passengers dont notice it but if told about it they can. Any idears anyone

Thanks Pete
  • icysyrup
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • USA

Sounds like a bushing worn out somewhere maybe...theres a bunch of them in the driveline to absorb vibration.

Also check if you have skid plates. They can resonate too...at least mine have.

Also check idler pulleys in engine compartment as well as the exhaust hangers and such in the exhaust line.
    03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• markandliz
      • Jul 2009
      • Perth WA

Originally posted by Pete1000 View Post
      Hi Guys,
      I have a slight vibration that occurs between 2000 - 2300 RPM This is in all gears & while free reving , however it falls right between 95 & 110 kph in 5th and although slight it is anoying.

The rubber muffler hanger appears 50mm stretched down?

but the engine mounts appear ok ? any Idears.

Passengers dont notice it but if told about it they can. Any idears anyone

Thanks Pete
      Had the same on mine ended up being the transmission bash plate rattling on the crossmember not all ok

Comment

• markc
        • Oct 2007
        • Brisbane Sth East

Have a quick look under the rear transmission mount, there is a large solid steel block that bolts up to it that was suspose to be a vibration/resonance damper.

It works for some vechiles and not others and was removed on latter models after 2004 I think.

Try removing the block only, its approx 100mm wide x 175mm long x 40mm thick (from memory) and seeing how it changes the vibration. On my NM any transmission I had at 2300rpm was totally gone once the block was removed.

Best regards
        Mark

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X