• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micha3l1985
    • Nov 2010
    • South Australia

Irregular idle when cold

My car has developed a weird idle thing Three days. When I start the car in the morning the idle fluctuates up and down about 200rpm for about 30 seconds straight after startup. I know this isn't really a big deal but the car only has 2000kms on the clock and I wouldn't expect this from a new car. Has anyone else experienced this. I have contacted Mitsubishi and they want to keep it over night but I would like to leave this as a last resort as it is hard for me to organise due to work.
    2015 Automatic PC Challenger with TJM bullbar and underbody protection
  • BMN
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2010
    • Perth WA

I have had it on occasion and I've put it down to a poor tank of fuel or the self injector relearn which tends to happen in the morning. The injector relearn whilst driving feels like mild surging and slight changes in engine noise/rattle which lasts around 1min or so.
    2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by micha3l1985 View Post
      My car has developed a weird idle thing Three days. When I start the car in the morning the idle fluctuates up and down about 200rpm for about 30 seconds straight after startup. I know this isn't really a big deal but the car only has 2000kms on the clock and I wouldn't expect this from a new car. Has anyone else experienced this. I have contacted Mitsubishi and they want to keep it over night but I would like to leave this as a last resort as it is hard for me to organise due to work.
      sure it's not the airconditioning cutting in and out (as 200rpm is about what our car fluctuates with A/C).
      try starting it with the airconditioning turned off

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X