• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dolphin
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008

Nm-2000 / 3,5 petrol stops running ?

Hi guys, diriving from the sunshine coast to gold coast hiway travelling and all of a sudden the engine stops running and would not start up again. had the car towed to the closest servo and the mechanic did a quick test with the use of a squirt of some [ easy start spray into the phelon chamber area and the engine did fire up . so this means electrical spark is present but he seems to think the injectors are not getting a reading to fire up as in squirt fuel etc.
    have any of you guys ever had this problem before ? by the way these is plenty of fuel and pressure going to the injector rail just no getting to fire injectors. never missed a beet before. thanks for any advice.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.
  • amr75wcr
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Sunny Coast

Seems odd that there is fuel in the rail and the Paj shut down. If you had a faulty injectors it would be very rare for all 6 injectors to fail at once one or two but all six. Did the mehanic try to start it before he used a can of ether to check for spark?

First thought would have been the fuel pump and if its working check the fuel pressure regulator.
    04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

so far all the mechanic has done for checking is, made sure it wasn,t a busted timing belt, [ ok ] then removed the aircleaner lid and sprayed some quick start stuff into the chamber port and got me to start up. the engine did fire up for say 1 secound. so this was proof the engine has spark . also i have an extra fuel filter fitted under bonnet between the fuel line and the injector rail, when he loosened off the filter clamp there was plenty of fuel and pressure squirting out without engine running. so all i know at present is the engine does have spark as it will fire up with fuel added as mentioned plus it does have fuel getting as far as the rail area . i forgot to mention about 1 week ago this engine did not start up as quick as it normally does, it did take abit longer than normal but during the week it started up straight away every day until this last weekend i travelled approx 150 k,s before it stopped dead on the high way.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• dolphin
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008

looks like the paj now has no spark and no fuel to injectors , so the mechanic is getting the computor checked out . would the ecu cause this ? or would there be another cause ?

Comment

• mrbitchi
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Brisbane

How's your fuel filter? The one in the tank?
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• amr75wcr
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2009
            • Sunny Coast

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
            looks like the paj now has no spark and no fuel to injectors , so the mechanic is getting the computor checked out . would the ecu cause this ? or would there be another cause ?
            Quite possibly if it has had a major internal failure.
            04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• dolphin
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
              How's your fuel filter? The one in the tank?
              John, the fuel is ok , as it is getting as far up as the injector rail but the injectors won,t give the signal to squirt. also very little spark is present as the mechanic mentioned. i just can,t work out how this happened so quickly, driving perfect for about 150 k,s on highway then engine just cuts out as if i turned the ignition off, no warning atall not even a check engine light on dash.

Comment

• mrbitchi
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Brisbane

Only other thing I can think would cause this is the Crank Angle sensor.
                Cheers, John.
                LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• dolphin
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2008

after an auto electrican checked all componants , they got the engine to start up and when tapping a relay [ either fuel pump relay of ignition relay ] the engine stopped running so they have ordered these 2 x relays , 1 x is coming from brisbane and the other from sydney. great spare parts service hey. i have heard of this relay fault with other pajeros , via google just hope this is my only engine problem. have you guys ever heard of this relay/ s fault ?

Comment

• dolphin
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2008

Update; all systems are a go. the 2 x relays that failed were the fuel pump relay and the electronic ignition relay. these were only detected as faulty when they got the engine running the tech tapped a relay and engine stopped . both relays cost $135. plus labour and auto electricial came to $424.

Comment

• marcthelegend
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • Gosnells, WA

:O 135 dollars for 2 relays!!!!! I imagine its made of solid gold? unless its a special type of relay? normal 30 amp relays cost around 30 bucks from Supercheap.

All good that its fixed though, seems strange for 2 relays to die at the same time, could they explain why it happened?

Cheers

Marc
                      05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
                      brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• dolphin
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2008

i suppose thats what you get when you go Genuine Mits Parts, as mentioned one had to come from brisbane and the other from sydney due to there stock supplies. i don,t think you would buy these type of relays from supercheap as one is rather large in size, not the normal small black box relays.
                        didn,t get any great info as to why these both went but maybe only one did but they thought it might be best to replace the both relays but then again the car didn,t have fuel or spark at the time , i just don,t know.

Comment

• marcthelegend
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • Gosnells, WA

I guess if it had no spark / ignition it would be the ignition relay, perhaps they just reached the end of their service life or something, might have to keep an eye on mine soon just in case something like this should happen, perhaps thats why my car took ages to start recently and now all is good!

Again, great that it got fixed, nothing worse than not being able to drive your car!! and now you have the peace of mind knowing it wont happen again for some time!

Me on the other hand .. im just waiting for mine to stuff up when starting again, every turn of the key is a russian roulette game!! lol

Cheers

Marc
                          05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
                          brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X