• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitsubishi Australia
    • Feb 2016
    • Sydney

Welcome from Mitsubishi Motors Australia

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Motors Australia sub-forum. It’s great to be a part of your community! We will be posting a range of regular features here so that you can keep up to date with all of the exciting things happening in Mitsubishi Motors world, plus we’re looking forward to learning more about you, the Forum Members, as well!

So a little bit about Mitsubishi: Mitsubishi Motors Australia is a part of the global Mitsubishi organisation founded in 1870, and we have been operating in Australia since 1980. Over 11 million people around the world have chosen to drive Mitsubishi vehicles, a pretty impressive stat! With a broad history of iconic cars, Pajero, Triton and Lancer to name a few, the Mitsubishi name is a trusted name on Australian roads. All Mitsubishi owners benefit from our extensive dealer network with over 200 sites Australia-wide, who will make sure your Mitsubishi vehicle is looked after by qualified and professional Mitsubishi technicians using Genuine Mitsubishi Parts.

We’ll be bringing you some eagerly awaited updates to the 4WD Mitsubishi range but we know better than anyone that you guys are the real experts on these vehicles. Whether you’re 4WD’ing for work or fun you’re in them every day and you really put them to the test! That’s why we want to hear from you guys and we can’t wait to start!

To learn more about Mitsubishi, please visit our website: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/

Or you can always follow Mitsubishi across the social channels:

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MitsubishiMotorsAustralia

Twitter - https://twitter.com/MitsubishiAust

G+ - https://plus.google.com/+MitsubishiMotorsAustralia

Instagram - https://instagram.com/mitsubishiaust/
    Last edited by Mitsubishi Australia; 02-03-16, 01:38 PM.
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Welcome along guys, great to have you as part of our community
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Gus
      Administrator
      • Mar 2008
      • Traralgon. Vic

Ditto..
      VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
      NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

Yes, welcome guys. It will be interesting to get some feedback from you from time to time.

Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• motorculture

Hi all! Thanks for the warm welcome. We're glad to be supporting the Pajero Club community.

Comment

• Hatto
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2013
            • Mandurah WA

Yeah welcome aboard. I think it will be a great benefit to both you the manufacturers and us owners to have your input on the forum.
            Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
            ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

It will be good to see some factory input into the forum, hopefully some of the ideas and common problems that we see on here can be taken onboard by the designers in developing the vehicles further.

My first request is IP68 rated enclosures for critical electrical components and a dashboard that doesn't shake itself to death on severe corrugations.
              Maybe a hardened up version of the base model for those of us who like to put them to the test.
              Factory snorkel
              Front and Rear factory lockers.
              Higher GVM and load capacity (Only need a couple of hundred kilos to satisfy most of us)
              Move the spare wheel back to an offset position to allow opening of the door with a trailer hooked up.
              Factory TPMS with option for 6 wheel monitoring.
              A definitive load rating for front and rear recovery points.
              Factory long range fuel option ( 88 litres just doesn't cut it)
              Factory dual rear wheel carrier

Mitsubishi could build a seriously tough vehicle with relatively few mods, I am sure you guys could manage the above and maybe release them as limited edition outback ready models.

Can I also put in a request to consider a name change from Pajero?

PS: Did I mention a bigger engine?

Oh! And a big welcome to the forum!
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
              3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Goodsy
                Who ya gunna call....
                • Dec 2010
                • Hervey Bay

Welcome guys. You make a fine product.
                .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Hatto
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                  It will be good to see some factory input into the forum, hopefully some of the ideas and common problems that we see on here can be taken onboard by the designers in developing the vehicles further.

My first request is IP68 rated enclosures for critical electrical components and a dashboard that doesn't shake itself to death on severe corrugations.
                  Maybe a hardened up version of the base model for those of us who like to put them to the test.
                  Factory snorkel
                  Front and Rear factory lockers.
                  Higher GVM and load capacity (Only need a couple of hundred kilos to satisfy most of us)
                  Move the spare wheel back to an offset position to allow opening of the door with a trailer hooked up.
                  Factory TPMS with option for 6 wheel monitoring.
                  A definitive load rating for front and rear recovery points.
                  Factory long range fuel option ( 88 litres just doesn't cut it)
                  Factory dual rear wheel carrier

Mitsubishi could build a seriously tough vehicle with relatively few mods, I am sure you guys could manage the above and maybe release them as limited edition outback ready models.

Can I also put in a request to consider a name change from Pajero?

PS: Did I mention a bigger engine?

Oh! And a big welcome to the forum!
                  Don't want much do ya! Haha.
                  That would attract a pretty hefty price tag
                  Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                  ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• stevemc181
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                    Don't want much do ya! Haha.
                    That would attract a pretty hefty price tag

And probably still only cost as much as a Poverty Pack Toyota.
                    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Welcome to the forum.

Collective knowledge will benefit Mitsubishi and customers.

Please make sure the next Pajero has a good durability/pre-production test in the Australian outback & Arkaroola. There are a few people on the forum who you should consider taking along to help test & evaluate it. Similarly for product planning clinics.

I agree with a few requests: move the spare, larger fuel tank & fix the dash movement. Dust sealing is poor on the NW - can we please have a NW dust kit like you had for the NP, eg, heavier door seals, etc? Servicing costs are too high, eg, manual tappet adjustments in 2015 - why? Finally, please don't change to a small capacity engine.

I look forward to some worthwhile dialogue and the new Pajero.

PS - don't change the name! (look what happened with the 380 - it was a good car that I think would have done better if called the new Magna)
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Pwoffey
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Adelaide

Yes, welcome.

Agree with the other guys: fix the spare wheel placement (but not under the car!), tie down the dash, and rate the recovery points. The last two, at least, shouldn't be that expensive to do over several years of a production run.

One other thing: the current OEM battery is not really up to the task and the plastic support cradle is just silly for a proper off road vehicle like the Pajero.

My inclination would be to stick with the current name.

Phil
                        BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• abw
                          • Aug 2013
                          • Sydney

Hard with full independant suspension, but a little more articulation in the rear would be nice.
                          was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• conquistador
                            Valued Member
                            • Feb 2012
                            • sth east queensland

Welcome aboard. Its a big commitment to involve oneself in a forum as a manufacturer representative. Kudos to you.

Mitsubishi appears to be in somewhat of a reinvention phase. With the hierarchy expressing a wish to improve quality and focus on suv's for growth. I trust and hope this includes heavy duty off road capable vehicles no matter what combo of energy source its powered by. Turning the next pajero into a pure suv would be a mistake. The pajero sport/challenger cannot fill the void.

Play to your strengths. Out of the box thinking, technological solutions. As is the case with the original pajero and the Tesla you will have to knock it out of the park. Technologically speaking.

If any of your consumer clinics tell you the GC-Phev concept looks good they're bonkers.

Please consider.

Comment

• Faereag
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • Aberfoyle Park, SA

NT Pajero settings that can be altered

Originally posted by motorculture View Post

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Motors Australia sub-forum. It’s great to be a part of your community! We will be posting a range of regular features here so that you can keep up to date with all of the exciting things happening in Mitsubishi Motors world, plus we’re looking forward to learning more about you, the Forum Members, as well!

So a little bit about Mitsubishi: Mitsubishi Motors Australia is a part of the global Mitsubishi organisation founded in 1870, and we have been operating in Australia since 1980. Over 11 million people around the world have chosen to drive Mitsubishi vehicles, a pretty impressive stat! With a broad history of iconic cars, Pajero, Triton and Lancer to name a few, the Mitsubishi name is a trusted name on Australian roads. All Mitsubishi owners benefit from our extensive dealer network with over 200 sites Australia-wide, who will make sure your Mitsubishi vehicle is looked after by qualified and professional Mitsubishi technicians using Genuine Mitsubishi Parts.

We’ll be bringing you some eagerly awaited updates to the 4WD Mitsubishi range but we know better than anyone that you guys are the real experts on these vehicles. Whether you’re 4WD’ing for work or fun you’re in them every day and you really put them to the test! That’s why we want to hear from you guys and we can’t wait to start!

To learn more about Mitsubishi, please visit our website: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/

Or you can always follow Mitsubishi across the social channels:

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MitsubishiMotorsAustralia
                              Twitter - https://twitter.com/MitsubishiAust
                              G+ - https://plus.google.com/+MitsubishiMotorsAustralia
                              Instagram - https://instagram.com/mitsubishiaust/
                              Good to see company input at last. A positive step. Getting replies to questions put to MMAL in the past has been very difficult.

I will start with an issue that I experienced at a dealer yesterday.

I took the NT Paj in under the tensioner recall notice and asked for some of the variable parameters set out in the manual specific to my vehicle. I was informed by the dealer that the request could not be met because no such adjustments were available.

These are the variables available according to my specific car manual:

Page 1-20 Auto locking time adjustable (std 30s)
                              Page 3-64 Buzzer as turn signal flashes - turn signal operable in accessory position
                              Page 3-68 Deactivate speed sensitive function of wipers
                              Page 3-70 Wipers don't operate when washer fluid is sprayed
                              Page 3-71 Rear wiper interval adjustable - change intermittent operation to continuous - Wiper doesn't operate when washer fluid is sprayed
                              Page 4-16 Ignition switch illumination period adjustable
                              Page 5-69, 5-71 dimming period adjustable
                              Page 5-74 Interior lamp auto cutout period adjustable or able to be turned off (std 30s)

Now, prima facie, that appears to be a misleading and deceptive practice under the Fair Trading Act 1987 (SA).

Can you clarify whether the manual is correct, or is the dealer correct?

Without prejudice.
                              Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X