• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darknstormy
    • Aug 2015
    • Adelaide

NT Front door seals

Hey Everyone!

I have a Dec 2010 NT RX, on some rough roads on over the weekend I notice quite a bit of movement in the top corner of the B pillar and if you hit a big enough bump the door will knock.. Looking at the door seal there isn't much to it and its very soft. Any ideas?

Myself I'm thinking new maybe aftermarket seals with a little more meat ans spring in them to stop the knocking.

I'm in Adelaide, does anyone know where I would go to get replacement door seals

Thanks in advance
    Amateur Landscape Photographer
    https://www.facebook.com/darknstormyimages/
    | Mitsubishi Pajero NT RX Dec 2010 3.2L Turbo DID Auto | Cool Silver | SPV EGR Module Mk3.1 | Factory Nudge Bar, King's 9inch LED Spotties | Old Man Emu Shocks | King Springs 2" Lift
    | FuelMaster filter & water trap | Dual Battery, Acdelco 82Ah | Redarc solenoid | Rhino Vortex Roof Racks | Adventure Kings Awening | Bright Blue Interior Lights | Engel 40lt | BT OB2II to Android Monitoring | Octane Tinting

• spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

The seals are soft in these cars.

Unsure about tailored seals, but Fitch may have something to help.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Darknstormy
      • Aug 2015
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
      The seals are soft in these cars.

Unsure about tailored seals, but Fitch may have something to help.

I thought about Fitch the rubber man... thought he wouldn't do seals for cars but might know who would
      | Mitsubishi Pajero NT RX Dec 2010 3.2L Turbo DID Auto | Cool Silver | SPV EGR Module Mk3.1 | Factory Nudge Bar, King's 9inch LED Spotties | Old Man Emu Shocks | King Springs 2" Lift
      | FuelMaster filter & water trap | Dual Battery, Acdelco 82Ah | Redarc solenoid | Rhino Vortex Roof Racks | Adventure Kings Awening | Bright Blue Interior Lights | Engel 40lt | BT OB2II to Android Monitoring | Octane Tinting

Comment

• scribble88
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2014
        • Geraldton, WA

Your door is moving when you go over a big bump

Does the door hinges have much freeplay?
        2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Electric brake controller, Kings Lethal 9” LED’s.Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates.

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Worth noting these soft seals appear to get softer &/or lose some of their resilience as they age. Even going from a 3 year old Paj to a new one, I have to shut the doors with considerably more gusto! Also, the driver's door tends to get the most use & therefore wears faster than the others. If you can't find any other seals, it may be worth trying a new genuine seal -if too expensive, I wonder if Amayama sell them?

I wonder if you can adjust the door striker plate to tighten up the door, although this make it look a bit out of alignment?

However, I'd still ask Fitch first - they have so much stuff in there.
          Last edited by spot01; 14-06-16, 10:36 AM. Reason: more info
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Darknstormy
            • Aug 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by scribble88 View Post
            Your door is moving when you go over a big bump

Does the door hinges have much freeplay?

I think you might of taken the moving a little to literally, go to your Paj and push the top left corner while standing out side of your drivers door... that movement

Comment

• radical
              • Jan 2012
              • sydney

I've been having the same problem for years. The front doors actually do move slightly while driving and therefore make noise around the seals. My only solution is to regularly silicon spray the seals. Any better door seals on the market?
              2011 NT platinum auto. Raised Lovells HD all round, bilstein shocks, 3 bushskinz plates, egr block, egr cooler removed, throttle body butterfly removed, optima blue top second battery, arb dual battery tray, ctek dual d250s, stebel horn, hankook dynapro muddies, dba 4000 t3 front rotors.

Comment

• Darknstormy
                • Aug 2015
                • Adelaide

Hey guys I haven't investigatated this anymore.. but anyone else find good rubbers?

Comment

• spot01
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Darknstormy View Post
                  Hey guys I haven't investigatated this anymore.. but anyone else find good rubbers?
                  I have heard that the Gen 3 may have had firmer door seals & they softened them in the Gen 4 as people complained the doors were too hard to shut (wimps! ).
                  Might be worth checking out?
                  Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• oldn64
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Melbourne

I can tell you that the Gen3 doors do shut positively. Was very pleasant when looking at the car.

I am sure you would be able to retro fit gen3 rubbers or even look at the likes of clark rubber or scotts old auto rubbers in vic.

Does anyone need a cross sectional image or pic of a gen3 rubber?
                    95 White LWB Panda coloured GLS TD28 rebuilt running 18psi, 3" lift, 2" body lift, factory LSD maxxis bighorn MT - Club reg

Daughters - 2003 NP Exceed Silver, 2" Lift, new race prepped 3.5 v6 (high comp king race bearings, hasting race rings) ported heads & inlet. Rebuilt Auto, extra cooler.

Wifey - 2014 NW GLS White 3.2TD manual, 2" lift, 17" CSA Jackels, Maxxis Razr MT (275/70), bushskiz ubody, ARB Sahara, Smittybuilt 12000lbs Winch, dynema rope, twin batteries, GME tx4100, rear drawers

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

If looking for aftermarket seals in Adelaide, try "Fitch the Rubber Man", just off Port Rd, Hindmarsh.
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Peterng
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by oldn64 View Post
                        I can tell you that the Gen3 doors do shut positively. Was very pleasant when looking at the car.

I am sure you would be able to retro fit gen3 rubbers or even look at the likes of clark rubber or scotts old auto rubbers in vic.

Yep..I do...
                        I have been having the same problem for years..
                        Checked with Amayama..yes they do sell them...$90.00 per side + postage..

Comment

• spot01
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by oldn64 View Post

There was a change to the door seals from the NW onwards, to eliminate the rust issues in the NS/NT.

The seals look to be different (from memory only). Unsure if the door itself was changed, eg, the channels to retain the seals around the top frame may be different, as that is where the rust occurred.

The new seals are no better at stopping dust entry than the NT, but do stop water getting into the top channel & causing rust.

I would be wary of ordering Gen 3 seals online without being able to test fit them - better to go to a local rubber place - they are usually very helpful.
                          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• oldn64
                            • Feb 2021
                            • Melbourne

Peter,

I know a wrecker mate has a complete set of second hand gen3 door seals (front and rear) but not big rear door. I am sure I could get them (four) or just a drivers door if you want to try a seal. I expect it will not break the bank and therefore would be around the same price as the brand new one. Or 1/3-1/4 the price of a brand new one if only wanting say the drivers door if that helps?

Cheers
                            95 White LWB Panda coloured GLS TD28 rebuilt running 18psi, 3" lift, 2" body lift, factory LSD maxxis bighorn MT - Club reg

Daughters - 2003 NP Exceed Silver, 2" Lift, new race prepped 3.5 v6 (high comp king race bearings, hasting race rings) ported heads & inlet. Rebuilt Auto, extra cooler.

Wifey - 2014 NW GLS White 3.2TD manual, 2" lift, 17" CSA Jackels, Maxxis Razr MT (275/70), bushskiz ubody, ARB Sahara, Smittybuilt 12000lbs Winch, dynema rope, twin batteries, GME tx4100, rear drawers

Comment

• Darknstormy
                              • Aug 2015
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                              If looking for aftermarket seals in Adelaide, try "Fitch the Rubber Man", just off Port Rd, Hindmarsh.
                              Hey mate,. I will check them out but they have moved they are now in Wingfield, lucky for me that's around the corner from work

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X