• Show
Clear All
  • Scouter1
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Sydney NSW

Photos now visable

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
    Hi Stephen, I noticed a problem earlier today - some photos were visible & some not. When I went to photobucket to check it out I got "down for maintenance".
    All good now, both yours & Shane's photos are now visable in the thread. Thanks for following up.

Having unsuccessfully tried out an earlier version of the saddlebags, i would also be interested in this project.

Cheers,
    Stephen
    Last edited by Scouter1; 05-11-16, 04:41 PM. Reason: Words
    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Update.

I haven't given up. I believe I can make 170mm, but a solution for cosmetic covers isn't coming together as I would like.

The Silly Season is now upon us, and I have plans for January - unfortunately, I don't expect any significant progress until February.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Lando
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Lake Maquarie NSW

Any progress on this? Very interested as im well over carrying rubbish on the roof and having to tie it up every time
        MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Lando View Post
          Any progress on this? Very interested as im well over carrying rubbish on the roof and having to tie it up every time
          Hi Lando,

After spending way too much time wrestling with covers in January I moved on to other distractions in February.

One of my prototypes was installed to the back of Twisted32's NW, and his and mine both survived a trip to the High Country. So the 125mm version with printed plastic covers works well enough, but I haven't tried building a 170mm version. Cosmetic covers to suit NX are even further down the list.

If you're happy with a 125mm version with the printed covers I could probably ship something late next week (going 4wding this weekend ). If you would prefer a 170mm version (I would - but I've already got a 125...) that would take longer - how long would depend on the level of interest, which largely drives my motivation.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• gringo
            • Jun 2009
            • Harrington Park (Sydney)

I got the NX and the 170 is something I would like to know more about tham thank

Comment

• Lando
              Valued Member
              • May 2013
              • Lake Maquarie NSW

I think the 125mm will do me fine for the time being...and maybe look into the 170mm when youve had more time as atm no bag is annoyig as hell...i hate carryig garbage in the car or lashing it to the roof every time lol

Ill swing you a pm
              MY14 NW GLX-R

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

I pulled my frame apart to paint all the bits and pieces, so I took the opportunity to take some before & after photos, with & without the covers.

Passenger's side:

Driver's side:

Personally, I don't like the way it looks without the covers, which is why I've spent so much time trying to find a manufacturable solution that fits reasonably, and isn't too difficult to install.

What do others think? I'm happy with the underlying metal-work - the 125mm size is functional, reliable and not too expensive. Next step is to manufacture some 170mm sets, and see if there are any nasty surprises from the extra distance. Would anybody buy and use a set without covers?

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• twisted32
                  • Jan 2015
                  • Adelaide

It looks very strange without the spacer now (ie stock)....
                  MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• m_and_m
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

I have to agree. Seeing it in the flesh, so to speak, and it looks like it's meant be like that.
                    Great mod 👍
                    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Lando
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2013
                      • Lake Maquarie NSW

Took my new set up out for a run arlund the Watagans in the mud and out to Pokolbin for lunch up on Yellow Rock Lookout (amazing place all to oursleves!!)

Loved having a bag on the back fo rubbish and kindling that we picked up on the way out.....so awesome!!! And was a piece of cake to install

Thanks again x 1million!! Love it and couldnt recommend it enough
                      MY14 NW GLX-R

Comment

• CaptJimmy
                        • Dec 2017
                        • Kariong, NSW

This seems like a fantastic idea. I'll be getting my new NX in the new year and this will be close to the top of the list for great, well thought out mods.
                        My dad has an NS or NW and I think he'd love one of these for when he's travelling too.

Comment

• Turorit
                          • Oct 2016
                          • Adelaide

Are these still avaliable? What's the current price?
                          2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                          --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• geopaj
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
                            Are these still avaliable? What's the current price?
                            Maybe send NJ SWB a PM?
                            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• nj swb
                              Resident
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Adelaide

I know some people will be sick of hearing this, but I think I may have found a solution.

As I've posted previously, I've been struggling to find a solution for the cosmetic covers that allows kits to be produced at a reasonable price.

As of today, a key piece of the solution may have fallen into place. New technology on the market, and government Covid support grants mean I may be able to produce cosmetic covers at a price that makes it viable to sell kits for around the $200 mark. I have a quote for the equipment, but not yet a lead time.

I currently have a CAD profile for NS - NW covers, but not NX. The NS - NW profile involved a great deal of trial & error, which I would prefer to not repeat. Does anybody have access to 3D scanning technology that could scan the NX cover profile? I'm happy to pay - please PM if you'd like to discuss.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• nj swb
                                Resident
                                • Jun 2007
                                • Adelaide

The South Australian state government very generously gave my business a grant to help maintain cash flow - so I'm doing my bit to flow some cash in South Australia. I've ordered a batch of 20 frame sets, and a new toy that I'm hoping will help me to make the covers.

This first batch of 20 sets are all 170mm, so they'll still leave plenty of space for a rubbish bag even with a spare tyre lift kit installed. Those who have previously expressed interest (here, or my EOI thread) will have first right of refusal.

In the three years since this thread was created inflation has sent up prices - who would've thought? Each kit will be $200 + freight, including unpainted cosmetic covers but no rubbish bag. If there is a second batch the price will be higher.

The cheapest bag of which I'm aware is the Adventure Kings dirty gear bag from 4wd Supa Centre: $25, or $35 delivered: https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/adv...-gear-bag.html.

If any member with NS to NW has access to a 3D printer and wants to try printing their own cosmetic covers, send me a PM. The printer will need a bed able to print something 250mm long, by 170mm high. Unfortunately, I don't have STL files to print NX covers, and I'm not sure if I'll need to create them.

Any questions, feel free to post - otherwise, I'll post an update when I have news.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X