• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wello-bob
    • Jun 2008
    • SeQld

Rear right side tail light removal

Hi fellow forumites,

My rear brake light is out and I tried to remove the right hand side light unit on the weekend without any success.

I took out the 2 screws that hold the light unit in place however due to the rear door hinged on that side it will not allow me to fully remove the unit so I can access the bulb inside.

Any advice on how to replace the brake light bulb would be greatly appreciated.

Mitsubishi service have quoted me $60 labour + cost of bulb for them to replace?

Cheers
    Bob
    --------------------------------------------------
    2017 NX GLS Auto Diesel, MMA towbar, MMA Nudge bar, Piranha dual battery system, Uniden UHF, Bush Skinz intercooler and sump plates.
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

The assembly can only be removed with the door closed after you have removed the 2 screws.
    Pop the 2 rear catches then remove on an angle with door closed.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• HorseyGirlsMum
      • May 2011
      • Melbourne

I had this problem a month ago! Tried and tried and eventually got it fixed when the NT went in for a service. It was so frustrating!!

Comment

• Tingles
        • Sep 2011
        • Adelaide

Had the same problem 1 week ago. Phoned local MM service dept. After undoing 2 screws close the rear door then lever the lens housing from the RHS. There are 2 rubber bungs that clip into holes in the body which need a bit of persuasion to pop out if they haven't been removed for a while. then guide housing out around the edge of the rear door.

Replacement is just the opposite.

Hope this helps.

Dave.
        MY16 NX GLX, TJM steel bull bar, XGS suspension, Bridgestone Dueller 265/60x18LT, LRA 58L auxillary tank, 100aH dual battery with DC/DC charger, Rhino roof tracks and Pioneer platform, LightForce 180 Gen II LEDs, Cavalier camper trailer

Comment

• bennyb29
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2015
          • Brisbane

What's with the right side tail lamp going bust on most Pajeros? My car has the tail lamp on the right not glowing when the brake is applied. Looks like i need to indulge in a similar exercise as above to replace it.
          Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• macguru
            • Jul 2007

Me too ... right side, and this is the second time !
            Cheers,
            Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
            1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

• bennyb29
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2015
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by bennyb29 View Post
              What's with the right side tail lamp going bust on most Pajeros? My car has the tail lamp on the right not glowing when the brake is applied. Looks like i need to indulge in a similar exercise as above to replace it.
              Originally posted by macguru View Post
              Me too ... right side, and this is the second time !

And it's back. Not working, I mean.
              Yet again, the RHS tail lamp. In the 5 years I have owned the Paj, this is the third time I will be replacing the same bulb. Maybe its the globe I bought off SCA ?
              Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X