X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul77
    • Apr 2017
    • Sunny Coast

Thanks widgy. Yes, I have installed one in a jeep before. The template wasn't perfect either. I'll measure 10 times and drill once

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Current: 1997 NK Pajero 2.8, 2' lift, ARB bar, warn winch, snorkel, suspension seats...

Sold:1997 NL Pajero 3.5 SOHC V6
    2" Suspension lift, manual avm hubs, 33" Falken AT, rock sliders, solar panel, roof platform, custom mud guards, awning, snorkel, K&N intake, breathers, dual battery, inverter, various power points with fuse box, custom fridge slide and shelf in back, removable bed platform, legal 5-seater.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
      • May 2017
      • Freo ish

Originally posted by widgy View Post
      Beware of Ebay snorkels ,I bought one a few years back for a patrol the template was so far out I ended up with extra holes ,lucky they where covered by the snorkel ,the top section on the A pillar didn't line up had to heat it up with a heat gun to get it to line up BE VERY CAREFUL BEFORE YOU DRILL AND CUT
      Same here. Once bitten twice shy. I bought one for a cruiser. The template was fine on the snorkel. On the car though it was a different animal. Awful fit. The template did not line up with the cruisers airintake very well at all. Luckily the holes drilled in the panels were covered by the snorkel body. Just covered though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

Here's a copy of the information I posted about the issues I had when I did my installation...

(Note some custom/DIY fabrication was required)

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
        I ended up buying one from direct4x4accesories via eBay auction.

The template was a bit out 5-10mm (but this didn't matter as the holes I had to elongate were covered by the snorkel), and the plumbing from the snorkel to the airbox did not fit and I had to make it from scratch. On a good note, the external part of the snorkel fits great and direct4x4accesoriesafter sale service was great! (when I told them about the issues they offered a full refund including the cost to freight it back to them - unfortunately by this stage I'd already cut the holes in the guard so they did a generous partial refund to cover the cost involved in making the snorkel to air box hose.
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• paul77
          • Apr 2017
          • Sunny Coast

Just looking to order one:

1998 - 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero [ NL ] (Blister Flare Fenders Model ) (pls refer to pic). MITSUBISHI Pajero NL Series V33 1997-2000 USE FOR (BLISTER GUARD). A Snorkels system relocates your engine's point from the relatively low and vulnerable position under the hood to a much higher and safer location where a constant source of cool, clean, dry is available.

This is the cheapest to fit the wide body with 6g74. Has anyone got this? I hear there are different air intakes for SOHC and DOHC.. im not sure if I should go with this or pay another $250 for the airtec.. any advice?

Current: 1997 NK Pajero 2.8, 2' lift, ARB bar, warn winch, snorkel, suspension seats...

2" Suspension lift, manual avm hubs, 33" Falken AT, rock sliders, solar panel, roof platform, custom mud guards, awning, snorkel, K&N intake, breathers, dual battery, inverter, various power points with fuse box, custom fridge slide and shelf in back, removable bed platform, legal 5-seater.

Comment

• gemster
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2012
            • Gold Coast

Did you notice in that listing there is NO Template with that Snorkel..... That would make it a nightmare to fit... I would go with the one geopaj used on his NL.... Or... I can get a second hand one right now.. not too sure on brand or how much, but I can ask.....

Gemster....
            Last edited by gemster; 05-09-17, 10:21 PM.
            YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
            And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
            ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• paul77
              • Apr 2017
              • Sunny Coast

Thanks, yes I did see that. I have ordered it and will make up my own template. Will let you know how I go.

Comment

• paul77
                • Apr 2017
                • Sunny Coast

OK, Snorkel arrived today. Looks like I need to cut a 95mm hole. What's the size on other NL snorkels? Just curious if they are all the same.

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2014
                  • Pakenham

Sounds big to me, I think the one I did in a GLX was only about 85mm.
                  99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

• Alex86
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Here and there

85 sounds more like it but unfortunately not in a position to check.

Get a tape and give it a measure. Nothing wrong with making a smaller hole then widening it out a little.
                    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• chrisall
                      • Sep 2016
                      • WA

Just doing my NP one at the moment. Template says 85mm but that's incorrect, needs 95.

Cheers,
                      2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

• gemster
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Gold Coast

That arrived quick.. well done....Make sure you 'Treat' All bare Metal with something to prevent Rust from occurring, and lots of Silicone to Water-proof it... Keen to see some pics when you have finished...

Gemster....
                        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                        And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                        ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• paul77
                          • Apr 2017
                          • Sunny Coast

Originally posted by Jacs View Post
                          Yes thats right its a Airtec, easy to follow instructions and template
                          What points of reference does airtec use for their template? The NL is so beautifully curvy that I struggle to find a line to measure from...

Comment

• paul77
                            • Apr 2017
                            • Sunny Coast

Ok, after fiddling around with a self-made template I thought "she'll be right", took a deep breath and cut the hole where it seemed right... then I cut use the template for the little holes and it worked out nicely..
                            Would I do it again? I spent $200 on the eBay snorkel. Every single part of it needed modifying to work! $200 is cheaper than most but still too much for what a piece of [emoji90] you get. Next time I'll make it out of PVC pipe or I spend the money for a nice airtec or Safari snorkel!

Comment

• stumagoo
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2014
                              • Perth WA S.O.R

Looks good though and loving those sliders.....
                              1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                              *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                              1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• paul77
                                • Apr 2017
                                • Sunny Coast

Thanks! I'm quite happy with it. Just frustrating to spend $200 for a kit that is so clearly not thought through and not finished to an appropriate standard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X