• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • betti154
    • Jun 2013
    • Sydney

Aftermarket Satnav + Entertainment Recommendations

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can provide recommendations/experience on any of the latest after market solutions for my Pajero 2010 NT Activ?

I've recently upgrade to the 2010 for towing the, but rather disappointed in the MMCS like many of others have suggested.

Ideally I"m looking for something with Google maps support, that can take a sim card (4G/LTE) over setting up wifi hotspot each time. Email support would be great too.

Obviously I'm looking to keep steering wheel controls, and reversing camera function is critical.

Thanks in advance, Damien
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by betti154 View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can provide recommendations/experience on any of the latest after market solutions for my Pajero 2010 NT Activ?

I've recently upgrade to the 2010 for towing the, but rather disappointed in the MMCS like many of others have suggested.

Ideally I"m looking for something with Google maps support, that can take a sim card (4G/LTE) over setting up wifi hotspot each time. Email support would be great too.

Obviously I'm looking to keep steering wheel controls, and reversing camera function is critical.

Thanks in advance, Damien

I Have a Pioneer Avic F80DAB. It's Pricey, but if you want a quality unit with the features you want, You will struggle to go past this unit. I didn't even need to upgrade the speakers.

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• betti154
      • Jun 2013
      • Sydney

Originally posted by ticky View Post
      I Have a Pioneer Avic F80DAB. It's Pricey, but if you want a quality unit with the features you want, You will struggle to go past this unit. I didn't even need to upgrade the speakers.

Steve
      Thanks - I'll look into it.

Comment

• Craig76
        • Jun 2018
        • South Australia

I have the 2010 NT 'ACTiV' as well and want to replace the MMCS head unit. Does anyone know if the Sony XAV-AX100 is a suitable replacement?

Comment

• Steve.AES
          • Sep 2018
          • Qld

Originally posted by ticky View Post

Steve
          Hi Steve I have a 2011 Pajero Platinum with Rockford sound system, reversing Camera and steering wheel controls can you tell me if the Pioneer plugged straight in with no adapters as I've been looking at upgrading but have been quoted $860 for adapters to allow an after market head unit to interface into my car as I've found the MMCS unit fitted to be very outdated and the phone and map guidance volumes to be very low even when turned up full

Comment

• Satman
            • Aug 2016
            • Sydney

Aftermarket head unit

I just started looking last week and came across this looks really cool. It seems to tick all the boxes - just waiting on seller how plug and play this unit will be.
            https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12-1-tes...8AAOSwW8RbE4Tq.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: TJM Bull Bar | Paddlle Shift & P-Mate | MMTowbar | Spare Lift Kit | SPVi Module | Torque Pro App | Motorola UHF | Icom IC7000 HF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Boo’s Bash Plate complete set | PX07 Boss Air Compressor | Lightbar | SC-80 & AGM 100A rear seat well | Bonnet struts | Custom built Drawer & Fridge slide.

Comment

• Racer17
              • Apr 2015
              • Rockhampton

Originally posted by Satman View Post
              I just started looking last week and came across this looks really cool. It seems to tick all the boxes - just waiting on seller how plug and play this unit will be.
              https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12-1-tes...8AAOSwW8RbE4Tq.
              So.... update please

Comment

• davwal
                • Jan 2019
                • Ringwood

PX3 is the old processor...Get a PX5 based unit. I went with the Xtrons te706p.

This is the only Xtrons TE706pl Review you need to read before making a buying decision. We go in depth into the features and functionality of this stereo.

Had an older PX3 based unit similar to the one shown, and it drove me nuts, dim display, slow etc.

So far the Xtrons unit has been great, does exactly what it says on the tin. I use Sygic Maps (very good) but I also have google maps with my account set up on it so I can save locations on the PC and access them in the car, tres handy

I have a 3/4G dongle thingy permanently in the car with an aldi sim stuck in it. Only pain is that I have to remember to power it on when I head off, might see if I can hack a relay onto the power button or something.

For MP3 playing I use PowerPlay.. far better app than the default player on the system.

I have no interest in Xtons before anyone says anything, and I'm sure there are plenty good Android units out there. Oh and there are plenty of double din facia kits for the pajeros on ebay.

Dave

Aaaaand remember the glass antennas on the newer pajs are powered things I think its the pink wire on the OEM units that powers that, not a great antenna anyway.

Comment

• vk3cm
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Tangambalanga

Xtrons TE706pl

hi Dave, the 706 looks like the unit for me, price is incredible and android features look pretty nifty. I just had a question re mapping for Australia, being the unit is sourced form the USA by the looks of it(unless you now of an Australian supplier, do I need to then upload an Australian map system for streetmaps etc? I am also not sure on fitting in regards to whether the Exceed version of the 2005 NP Pajero has an amp after the old Eurovox satnav deck mitsis were supplying with the exceed, hopefully no amp.
                  I want to pair up with my Note 9 samsung ph so it looks to be a pretty good fit.
                  any comments appreciated.
                  cheers
                  Brenton

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X