• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Techedz
    • Aug 2019
    • South Canberra

Which auto oil? ATF SP-III or ATF-PA?

I did some research today on costs and oils as I have to do a service on the auto in my 2012 Auto diesel NW Pajero. I have read on here that there were questions on whether you should use ATF SP-III or ATF-PA as people have gotten conflicting information from MM dealers. My local MM dealer sent me screen dumps of their computer for all fluids.

Rather than repeat what I found - check this link on the Gen 4-4 page and look at the bottom of the first page: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=65116

The simple answer is:
    • Before NT Pajero (Jatco transmission) - use ATF SP-III - They also have an auto dipstick
    • NT - NX Pajero (Aisin transmission) - use ATF-PA - They have no auto dipstick
    NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.
  • Handy Andy
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

ATF oil

Gidday Edzhere,
    How much are the dealers charging for the ATF-PA down there. I bought three 4 litre bottles of SPIII some time back and paid $120 but I had an NM at the time and while I still have the oil I'll have to chase some PA
    thanks Andy

Comment

• Techedz
      • Aug 2019
      • South Canberra

Originally posted by Handy Andy View Post
      Gidday Edzhere,
      How much are the dealers charging for the ATF-PA down there. I bought three 4 litre bottles of SPIII some time back and paid $120 but I had an NM at the time and while I still have the oil I'll have to chase some PA
      thanks Andy
      Hi Andy. No idea, I try not to go near MM unless it's a last resort. My car is way out of warranty so I do all of the services myself.

$40 for 4 litres sounds like a reasonable price.
      NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X