• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajmobil
    • May 2011
    • Perth

3.2 DiD Suction Control Valve(SCV)

Hello All,
    Had some problems with the NS DID auto recently. The engine on steady acceleration would surge up and down, mostly an audible sound.
    The engine also felt tired and unresponsive when the accelerator was pressed hard. After reading the forum , it was nailed down to the Suction Control Valve (SCV) on the high pressure diesel pump. It controls the suction volume of diesel into the pump, by pulsing the solenoid up to 180 cycles/second, so it is undestandable that this could be a regular maintenance item (mine only lasted 56000 km). According to the guy at MM parts it is a regular moving item ($472).
    After installing a new one, I could not beleive how crisp and responsive the engine feels once again on acceleration.
    Only a heads up for someone experiencing similar problems.
    Attached Files
  • Tigernero
    • Jun 2007

Do you think I can get MM to change ours. They will not even accept there are any issues.
    Last edited by Tigernero; 09-12-11, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• VR4hore
      • Jul 2010
      • Sydney

I had the same problem, they replaced everything BUT the SCV from what I recall. But maybe they did. Problem did go away.

Comment

• pajmobil
        • May 2011
        • Perth

Common rail diesels are sensitive to dirty diesel. The SCV is easily damaged by dirty diesel and so the fuel filter needs to be changed more often. The Mitsubiushi filter screens particles down to 2um, Ryco ?
        How often do you guys change your diesel fuel filter on the NS?

Comment

• Esteban
          • Jul 2007
          • Sydney NSW

SCV Fault

I have just recently begun experiencing an annoying surging when using light or moderate accelerator use. The surging was intermittent and sometimes only light, but every now and then a bout of serious surging would occur. I thought initially that it was the EGR blanking plate, so I have been through some experimentation with various size holes in the blanking plate but all to no avail. Disconnected the Chipit module, Map sensor input to the Chipit module and returned the vehicle to virtually standard form and still this surging persisted. After a significant series of surging at moderate throttle, the engine gave a shutter and the ASC off, Stability Light and Engine Check light came on. The vehicle went into limp mode. Shut the engine down and looked at my scan gauge the stored error code was a P0089. This apparently for a Mitsubishi is a ?Suction Control Valve Stuck? error condition.
          Naturally had to take the vehicle to my MMA dealer for them to come to the conclusion eventually that the Suction Control Valve is faulty and it appears that a replacement is now on order.
          Extremely pleased that Pajmobil has posted a picture of what this SCV looks like, however not sure exactly where it is located in the engine bay. MMA claim it will be 2-3 hour job so wondering what mods I need to take out so they can get access without damaging anything. I get the 3rd degree sometimes about the extra labour my mods take (baseplates ,etc) to remove .
          2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
          Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• stevos
            • Feb 2011
            • Brisbane

I had a similar problem between christmas and NYE. Fixed under warranty in a couple of hours, no questions asked after approx 65,000km.

I had done some research on here before taking it in, but didnt need to argue in the end...

Comment

• Silverfox
              • Apr 2010
              • Adelaide

Were can I get a list of the fault codes for the NS Diesel Pajero. The Scanguage tells you the fault code but not what it is.
              Appreciate if someone point me in the right direction

Cheers
              John

Comment

• Esteban
                • Jul 2007
                • Sydney NSW

Scv

Originally posted by stevos View Post
                I had a similar problem between christmas and NYE. Fixed under warranty in a couple of hours, no questions asked after approx 65,000km.
                This appears somewhat interesting as my vehicle has 65,000Km on it as well, wondering if this is just a co-incidence.

As previously requested, would really appreciate any members having technical data on the location of the SCV in the engine bay to provide some input to this thread.

For Silverfox:

Try this one for Mitsubishi Specific

This one is OK as well

2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
                Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• pajmobil
                  • May 2011
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Esteban View Post
                  I have just recently begun experiencing an annoying surging when using light or moderate accelerator use. The surging was intermittent and sometimes only light, but every now and then a bout of serious surging would occur. I thought initially that it was the EGR blanking plate, so I have been through some experimentation with various size holes in the blanking plate but all to no avail. Disconnected the Chipit module, Map sensor input to the Chipit module and returned the vehicle to virtually standard form and still this surging persisted. After a significant series of surging at moderate throttle, the engine gave a shutter and the ASC off, Stability Light and Engine Check light came on. The vehicle went into limp mode. Shut the engine down and looked at my scan gauge the stored error code was a P0089. This apparently for a Mitsubishi is a ?Suction Control Valve Stuck? error condition.
                  Naturally had to take the vehicle to my MMA dealer for them to come to the conclusion eventually that the Suction Control Valve is faulty and it appears that a replacement is now on order.
                  Extremely pleased that Pajmobil has posted a picture of what this SCV looks like, however not sure exactly where it is located in the engine bay. MMA claim it will be 2-3 hour job so wondering what mods I need to take out so they can get access without damaging anything. I get the 3rd degree sometimes about the extra labour my mods take (baseplates ,etc) to remove .
                  Hello again Esteban,

The SCV is fixed onto the HP diesel pump , (battery side of engine). If you follow the outlet pipe from the diesel fuel filter to the pump , the SCV is next to this pipe.
                  On my unmodified paj changing this valve should take 30 minutes top's.

Comment

• Silverfox
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Esteban View Post
                    This appears somewhat interesting as my vehicle has 65,000Km on it as well, wondering if this is just a co-incidence.

As previously requested, would really appreciate any members having technical data on the location of the SCV in the engine bay to provide some input to this thread.

For Silverfox:

Try this one for Mitsubishi Specific

This one is OK as well

http://www.engine-codes.com/

Thanks Esteban!!

Comment

• Esteban
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by pajmobil View Post
                      Hello again Esteban,

The SCV is fixed onto the HP diesel pump , (battery side of engine). If you follow the outlet pipe from the diesel fuel filter to the pump , the SCV is next to this pipe.
                      On my unmodified paj changing this valve should take 30 minutes top's.
                      Thanks again pajmobil will have another look tonight.

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• Humbug
                        • Dec 2008
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by stevos View Post

I had done some research on here before taking it in, but didnt need to argue in the end...
                        I also had the same problem around the 65,000km mark. Took the MM head mechanic at Knox Mit for a quick drive for him to experience it, and he fixed it straight away under warranty.
                        Humbug

NS 25th Anniversary Pajero, DID Auto
                        Accessories fitted: ARB Delux Bar, TJM Snorkel, ARB Dual Batteries, Milford Cargo Barrier, Fourby Fitout storage system, ARB Onboard Compressor, Goodyear Wrangler MT's with 17 x 7.5 Speedy Grande rims, UHF radio, Bush Skinz bash plates and side steps.

Comment

• mynance
                          • Jul 2009
                          • Hervey Bay Qld

Do you have a Nissan??

Pajero's don't SUCK!!!

Mynance
                          MY 13 NW DiD VRX, Ultimate Suspensions HD all round with Coil Rite Airbags
                          Seachange 595 Elite Off Road Caravan

Comment

• psproule
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by mynance View Post
                            Do you have a Nissan??

Mynance
                            If it was a Nissan they would have refused any warranty help at all.
                            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• pasniny
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2009

Svc

Ok here is the deal
                              Things i have had problems with are below

My Paj ns 2007 3.2 DID auto

Suction control valve X2

Engine revving up and down during steady acceleration is usually the giveaway having experienced it twice. Boost gauge also show fluctuations (if you have one fitted)

Suction control valve is located behind the injection pump you will see a harness and 2 bolts holding it in place. however injection pump will need to be relearnt after replacing (note* using a millimeter across the 2 terminals should read around 2.1 Ohm resistance replace if it?s out of this range)

If interested PM me i can get SVC's for Pajero at a reasonable price.

Throttle control valve X1 worn dc motor in valve causing it to get stuck telltale sign is when turning of the motor the engine overrun?s as the throttle control valve needs to completely shut when ignition is off to stop airflow to the motor

Map sensor x 2 will throw code and scan tool required to diagnose

Inlet manifold replaced under warranty around 80K however cleaned again at 160k
                              With the right catch can and egr block will reduce the problem

I tend to keep a spare map sensor, svc on long trips and they can be hard to get in remote locations.

Some code related to SVC if it?s get really bad are severe fuel leak the will shut down the motor completely it?s not fun at 100 kph towing (has happened only when spider chip fitted)
                              Currently running chipit (no issues)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X