Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

How many KMs have you had your 2 or 3 micron fuel filter on for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

How many KMs have you had your 2 or 3 micron fuel filter on for?

A little straw poll as the title suggests because I haven't seen any hard numbers about this, so feel free to participate by replying as follows:

A) How many KMs have you had your 2 or 3 micron fuel filter on your diesel Paj? Preferably as a secondary.

B) Obviously if you have had any issues with fuel pump etc. during this time then please specify.
  • Hill
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Adelaide

My memory is Bruce Evans from Donaldson Filters recommended changing .....615 every 12 months or 15K. (Which ever comes first)
    They also recommend fitting as primary however that's another story.

I have mine set up as secondary and change out every 10k and ignore the time interval. At times I'll let it run to 15k when traveling.

This corresponds to oil and filter changes and simplifies servicing.

Issues - none.

Hill
    200 Series
    AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Mines been on for 19000klms. Will get changed at 20,000klm..secondary as well. Main gets done yearly.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Peterng
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2013
        • Northern Rivers NSW

Secondary has been on for 110,000k...it gets changed every 20,000 and it is Fuel Manager..
        The main OEM fuel filter every 10,000k service....with a little twist...it's a Toyota fuel filter for a 79 series.

Why the Toyota OEM fuel filter?

Well, unlike the Mitsubishi which has its filter head sit flush with the bracket housing...the Toyota has an indentation in its filter head, which allows for a better fuel flow through the whole head of the fuel filter...

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
          Why the Toyota OEM fuel filter?

Well, unlike the Mitsubishi which has its filter head sit flush with the bracket housing...the Toyota has an indentation in its filter head, which allows for a better fuel flow through the whole head of the fuel filter...
          A boat mechanic told me this exact same thing - he has an NS and uses a Sakura filter for the Landcruiser and he showed me the difference between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X