• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTD
    • Oct 2012
    • NW Brisbane

Unauthorised logon attempts

This is just an heads up to members and Admins that this morning at 1:51am someone tried to access my Pajero club login incorrectly 5 times.
    This info was sent to me from the club via email with the offenders IP address.

After seeing this message I browsed to the IP on port 80 and the source is a Tor exit router. This makes it virtually impossible to track the source of this login attempt

Now Tor was intended as a "privacy" tool on the web but is perfect for hackers to hide their tracks.

So the point of this post is just to raise awareness around password security, don't use the same password for various internet logins, use long and complex passwords and change them regularly!

Hats off to the Admins of this site to cap the failed login attempts as this prevented whoever was trying to login to my account to continue all night long.

Cheers
    One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
    Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

they tried mine as well
    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• saffer
      • Jan 2011
      • Waikiki, WA

I got it a few days ago, figured it was a glitch, but guess not
      2009 NT X SWB V6 - Opposite Lock bar, VRS winch,MM Tow Bar, Uniden UH7760NB, Lightforce Striker 50wHID, ARB awning, Rhino Racks, Bridgestone D697's, Billstein/Lovell, Skinned up + Rocksliders, Redarc TowPro, Safari snorkel, ARB on-board air, Powerflow exhaust

Towing: 2015 Jayco Eagle Outback

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

same but on another fourm
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

'Few threads on it HERE
          VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
          NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• letsgoplaces
            • Jul 2014
            • Adelaide

Mine got tried last night
            What sad lives they must lead, if trying to log into a 4wd forum is the way you spend an evening

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X