X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caroma
    • May 2012
    • WA - Pilbara

Starting to get fairly crappy response from the LED fuel guage that came with the LRA tank. Any one know if a more precise one can be fitted?

I'll transfer a full tank over but then after a little while, the LEDs light up again saying its 1/4 to 1/2 full, but the pump won't pick any more fuel up. It almost never shows me the red 'empty' LED.

Also developed a rubbing noise from the front RHS suspension last week. Got it checked out and diagnosis was the spring has rubbed through the top rubber 'cap' and was contacting the metal of the wheel arch. Temporary fix was to put some rubber hose over the top of the spring to give it something else to rub on. No noise now, but i'm gonna need to order the new rubber cap. If any one can help with a part number would be fantastic.
    2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

I dont think it will be the LED gauge/switch combo, more likely the sender. A good thing to check would be the wiring at the sender itself. If the sender is buggered, its tank out unfortunately. I know Aussie dan had to replace his sender about 12 months ago.

At the end of the day, I just wait till the low light comes on, then transfer the lot. Using the gauge as a gauge is fraught with danger.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• gemster
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Gold Coast

Whats your opinion on the Toyo AT Open Country tyres now you have done a few trips with them.... Im looking to fit them to my NL...
        Nice Drive caroma..
        Gemster.....
        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
        And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
        ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• caroma
          • May 2012
          • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
          I dont think it will be the LED gauge/switch combo, more likely the sender. A good thing to check would be the wiring at the sender itself. If the sender is buggered, its tank out unfortunately. I know Aussie dan had to replace his sender about 12 months ago.

At the end of the day, I just wait till the low light comes on, then transfer the lot. Using the gauge as a gauge is fraught with danger.
          Cheers mate. I only had a quick glance recently while I had the wheel off, can I assume the small wiring going into the top of the tank is for the sender?

Yeah I kind of ignore it anyways but it just shits me that it's not doing its job. Was a $1k+ fking tank haha you'd expect to get gear that works. Today was saying it's empty when I know for a fact it is completely full haha.
          Last edited by caroma; 28-03-17, 11:59 PM.
          2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
            • May 2012
            • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by gemster View Post
            Whats your opinion on the Toyo AT Open Country tyres now you have done a few trips with them.... Im looking to fit them to my NL...
            Nice Drive caroma..
            Gemster.....
            Hey buddy, yeah I love them. So much quieter than the Bridgestones and have been fine off road. Haven't noticed any issues thus far!
            2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
              • May 2012
              • WA - Pilbara

Took a day trip on Sunday to the Fortescue River. Was a great day except for one nasty moment

Managed to get a River rock wedged between my rear rim and the brake caliber
              Put a hole in it about the size of a 20¢ coin.

Had to leave my car on the other side of the crossing hence no Paj amongst the group shot.
              2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
                • May 2012
                • WA - Pilbara

Blessing in disguise though. Gave me a convincing reason to get new rims! Haha!

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17, 01:13 AM.
                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
                  • May 2012
                  • WA - Pilbara

Also cleaned up the headlights this arvo, using the Maguire's 2 Step product. Pretty easy task. No need for sand paper and stuff.

And blacked out the MIVEC badges to match the rims. Will redo these and do the V6 badge on next days off (was running low on time and only got one coat done).

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17, 01:14 AM.
                  2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• chrisall
                    • Sep 2016
                    • WA

Originally posted by caroma View Post

Also developed a rubbing noise from the front RHS suspension last week. Got it checked out and diagnosis was the spring has rubbed through the top rubber 'cap' and was contacting the metal of the wheel arch. Temporary fix was to put some rubber hose over the top of the spring to give it something else to rub on. No noise now, but i'm gonna need to order the new rubber cap. If any one can help with a part number would be fantastic.
                    MR448173

Or substitution:

Cheers,
                    2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

• caroma
                      • May 2012
                      • WA - Pilbara

You sir, are a living legend! Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• gemster
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Gold Coast

Originally posted by caroma View Post
                        Hey buddy, yeah I love them. So much quieter than the Bridgestones and have been fine off road. Haven't noticed any issues thus far!
                        Mmm 2 votes for, none against...Food for thought.... Thanks for your feedback caroma..

Gemster....
                        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                        And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                        ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• caroma
                          • May 2012
                          • WA - Pilbara

All loaded up for Easter stay down the river.
                          Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17, 12:59 AM.
                          2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
                            • May 2012
                            • WA - Pilbara

currently re-uploading pictures via Imgur
                            Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17, 05:20 PM.
                            2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• MyExceed
                              • May 2014
                              • Hobart, Tas

is there another site that hosts pics mate ?? im a complete noob when it comes to this stuff.....
                              Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• caroma
                                • May 2012
                                • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by MyExceed View Post
                                is there another site that hosts pics mate ?? im a complete noob when it comes to this stuff.....
                                Yeah there's a few but not too many free ones these days. Google 'imgur' or 'image shack'. I'd be willing to pay but not what PB is asking.
                                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X