• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josh88
    • Mar 2011
    • Sydney

This is worth telling

Hi all,

The transfer guard that I bought from BushSkinz sustained a hit that was enough to bend the arm. As the pictures tell, the arm rested on some switches while the plate sat on the the transfer making all kind of rattling noise throughout the cabin. Once at home I took it off the car and contacted Kieron from BushSkinz for some advice on how to repair it, but his answer and response were something that I did not expect or even imagine.

He stood by his product and sent me a new and improved version the next day. I was so overwhelmed.
    To call this a good customer service is really an understatement and for this to go untold would be an injustice.

I am so glad that I chose Bush Skinz over other brands. I must say that I am not in anyway affiliated with BushSkinz, I am just one of very happy customer who will not hesitate to recommend BushSkinz other people.

New version
    MY05 Exceed Di-D with diff Locks to add
  • mmannion
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Birth place of QLD

Awesome stuff BushSkinz
    02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2012
      • Maitland, NSW

That new design isn't going to bend any time soon by the looks.
      Well done to Bushskins for reliable and unmatched service
      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• mrbitchi
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

Yeah it's good stuff all right. My tranny guard took a whack that bent the front of it up in the middle about 30mm. Had to beat the c**p out of it with a sledge to straighten it out again.
        Glad it was the guard that was hit and not my transmission.
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• derrilex
          • Dec 2009
          • Brisbane

Looks much better with the additional gussets. Bit of a oversight with the original design for sure but top marks for customer service

Comment

• Pearcie
            BushSkinz 4x4
            • Nov 2007
            • Wattagans

Thanks guys...... Happy to of helped you out mate.... Still bummed I wasn't able to use it as an excuse to deliver it myself and go to Sizzler's again..... I even have a voucher from when I was there a few weeks ago

Cheers,
            Kieron
            2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
            Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• amr75wcr
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2009
              • Sunny Coast

Didn't get a new side step when the welds broke in 2010 up the capeor compensation for having to get it rewelded.
              Wayne
              04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Pearcie
                BushSkinz 4x4
                • Nov 2007
                • Wattagans

Originally posted by amr75wcr View Post
                Didn't get a new side step when the welds broke in 2010 up the capeor compensation for having to get it rewelded.
                Wayne
                Hi Wayne,
                Each situation is different obviously but from memory you had come down heavily on a rock or something and I offered to repair/replace things for you but due to location and timing it was a little difficult, so you decided to have it repaired at the time. Being several years ago my memory is a little foggy.

Happy to have a chat with you as we never discussed any form of compensation at the time otherwise I probably would of helped you out. Probably best discussed directly rather then on the net and I will be happy to look in to things and make sure you are taken care of even though it was several years ago. Should of brought it up in 2011 mate when you were looking at getting the Bilstein's or last year when you got some guards would of been a good opportunity to of discussed helping you out in terms of cost etc seen as we hadn't talked about it earlier. Anyway I like to know everyone is taken care of so just flick me through an email or PM if you wish.

Cheers,
                Kieron
                Last edited by Pearcie; 24-04-13, 03:06 AM.
                Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• amr75wcr
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • Sunny Coast

Originally posted by Pearcie View Post
                  Hi Wayne,
                  Each situation is different obviously but from memory you had come down heavily on a rock or something and I offered to repair/replace things for you but due to location and timing it was a little difficult, so you decided to have it repaired at the time. Being several years ago my memory is a little foggy.

Happy to have a chat with you as we never discussed any form of compensation at the time otherwise I probably would of helped you out. Probably best discussed directly rather then on the net and I will be happy to look in to things and make sure you are taken care of even though it was several years ago. Should of brought it up in 2011 mate when you were looking at getting the Bilstein's or last year when you got some guards would of been a good opportunity to of discussed helping you out in terms of cost etc seen as we hadn't talked about it earlier. Anyway I like to know everyone is taken care of so just flick me through an email or PM if you wish.

Cheers,
                  Kieron
                  Sorry Kieron for venting last night, had a bit of a day. I have spoken to Kieron today via PM seems we have had a loss of communication somewhere (probably still bouncing around the satellites).
                  Any way to cut a long story short a pair of sliders are bieng despatched nextweek FOC. Thanks again Kieron for standing behind the products you manufacture
                  Wayne
                  Last edited by amr75wcr; 24-04-13, 09:04 PM.
                  04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Pearcie
                    BushSkinz 4x4
                    • Nov 2007
                    • Wattagans

Not a problem at all mate, just a shame we didn't get things sorted out earlier. Glad everything is all sorted out now though

Enjoy driving your Mitsubishi's mate, the worst thing I did was change manufacturers the after sales service from Holden has been very dismal. I won't go in to details but I am looking forward to being able to go bush again once my front diff housing is replaced although at my wallets expense. looking forward to the new model Mitsubishi's being released

Cheers,
                    Kieron

Comment

• 4ePikanini
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • South Africa, East London

it would have been stronger if he extended the braces all the way down to the bottom plate.

But nice none the less and thumbs up for good client service!
                      1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD
                      2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
                      2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD
                      2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D

Comment

• Hypec1
                        • May 2011
                        • Newcastle NSW & Deception Bay, Brisbane Qld

Have to agree with all comments about Bush Skinz and the service you get. I ordered sliders for my NP last year. As it turned out one of the sliders had welds that had cracked where the checker plate is attached to the pipe. Photo taken and sent to Kerion (by email), received a reply the same day, Sliders to be replaced, and true to his word a replacement set turned up shortly afterwards. Any company can have a product go faulty, but Kerion & Bush Skinz looked after me.
                        2003 NP Exceed, 3.5 Petrol/Injected Gas Auto, 2" EFS Suspension, ECB Alloy Bull Bar, HR Tow Bar, UHF, Bushskinz Intercoler/Sump Guards & Sliders ,Cargo Barrier.

Comment

• Pearcie
                          BushSkinz 4x4
                          • Nov 2007
                          • Wattagans

This is true mate would be more rigid and a little stronger if I extended it all the way down. Reason I didn't was because he expressed concern about making things too strong and having the floor pan get damaged instead of the guard which is easily and cheaply fixed. So the weakest point was strengthened. Although that bottom area isnt actually the mounting arm it is part of the main section of the guard being 4mm thick and about 500mm across with only about 20mm up so it isn't going anywhere in a hurry.

Yeh mate these things happen accidentally took a little too much weld off when cleaning up the edge of the checker plate and grinding back the weld attaching it to the platform for presentation. When something like that happens best thing to do is fix it with minimal headache for the customer and try and put in place strategies to stop it from happening again. I think the saying goes something like.... A business that doesn't learn from its experiences and take care of their customers is a business going nowhere at all.

Hope everyone has a good Anzac day tomorrow!

Cheers,
                          Kieron
                          Last edited by Pearcie; 24-04-13, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• derrilex
                            • Dec 2009
                            • Brisbane

How good is Pearcie

Comment

• Brissyguy
                              • Apr 2012
                              • Brisbane

Seeing the plate do its job just shows that a small investment in some quality parts can pay off down the track.

My guards taken some hits and good to know that those expensive sensors bits protected.

Good work Kieron
                              Mazda BT 50, dual cab, silver, 60 ltr fridge freezr, UHF , bullbar, sports bar

More to come as can afford it

Retired the old NS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X