•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • traktor
    • Oct 2013
    • sydney

I had the recall done in March, the following were replaced accroding to the invoice:
    MIR1141A045 - Tensioner
    MIRME1936 - Gasket Tensioner

When cleaning the engine bay after 4wd track I noticed that the engine plastic top cover is not tight fit and suspected something is not right. This weekend I removed the engine cover and found that a dealership mechanic, whoever was doing this, damaged threads of one bolt and a couple of nuts where the cover is screwed to. The engine cover is fixed by 4 bolts and rear ones, closed to the firewall, are slightly angled. So, I suspect that short-circuited the mechanics brain, as he tried to screw the bolts upright using impact wrench and did not care to put the bolts in right position and do the first couple of turns by hand.
    I had to re-thread one bolt and two nuts, it is good fit now, but very disappointed by dealership quality of job done, and wondering how the recall job was done inside the engine, considering that they manage to screw up such a simple thing as fixing the engine plastic cover.

Perhaps, I need to complain to MM and keep a record just in case if something goes wrong.

What is procedure to make a complaint?
    NW M14, GLXR, spare wheel lift kit, MM tow bar, bushskinz front/sump/auto/trans/rear bumper guards and side steps, rhino pioneer platform, ARB delux bullbar

Comment

• Rovingman
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2014
      • Blue mountains

Unlucky,
      personally I would not have fixed it myself that just puts you in a he said she said argument.
      Did you take photos?
      Contact the dealer principle direct, or MM directly.
      Pajero NT RX 2011
      Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
      LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• traktor
        • Oct 2013
        • sydney

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
        Unlucky,
        personally I would not have fixed it myself that just puts you in a he said she said argument.
        Did you take photos?
        Contact the dealer principle direct, or MM directly.
        Yes, good idea to take photos of a bolt with damaged thread, but I did not unfortunately. I thought it is a non-critical thing which is not worth time of chasing the issue, but then I thought that it could be a dodgy job inside the engine, which is much more serious in which case I need to document it somehow by lodging a complaint and perhaps to change a dealer.
        It is the second time I found a problem with the dealer's workmanship, last time when they did a service they over tighten wheel nuts so that I could not unscrew it and came back to the dealer to make them tighten the wheel nuts by specification.
        NW M14, GLXR, spare wheel lift kit, MM tow bar, bushskinz front/sump/auto/trans/rear bumper guards and side steps, rhino pioneer platform, ARB delux bullbar

Comment

• kerway
          • Aug 2010
          • North West Sydney

Originally posted by traktor View Post
          I had the recall done in March, the following were replaced accroding to the invoice:
          MIR1141A045 - Tensioner
          MIRME1936 - Gasket Tensioner

When cleaning the engine bay after 4wd track I noticed that the engine plastic top cover is not tight fit and suspected something is not right. This weekend I removed the engine cover and found that a dealership mechanic, whoever was doing this, damaged threads of one bolt and a couple of nuts where the cover is screwed to. The engine cover is fixed by 4 bolts and rear ones, closed to the firewall, are slightly angled. So, I suspect that short-circuited the mechanics brain, as he tried to screw the bolts upright using impact wrench and did not care to put the bolts in right position and do the first couple of turns by hand.
          I had to re-thread one bolt and two nuts, it is good fit now, but very disappointed by dealership quality of job done, and wondering how the recall job was done inside the engine, considering that they manage to screw up such a simple thing as fixing the engine plastic cover.

Perhaps, I need to complain to MM and keep a record just in case if something goes wrong.

What is procedure to make a complaint?
          Every time my Paj has been in for a dealer service, I've received an email from them asking for feedback
          Last time the service manager rang me very upset with his staff
          You may get the same survey email.
          kerway
          NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• hiedipro
            • Dec 2012
            • Brisbane Southside, when home

Originally posted by conquistador View Post
            Good on mits.

Raises a couple of questions.

Why does it not affect preceeding model with ostensibly the same motor (granted it went CR) but the valve train remained the same?

I imagine those that have had issues with the engine letting go on a count of timing chain may be interested in all of this. Keep those invoices?

Its got me why the timming chain/guide/tensioner issue hasnt been resolved before from an engineering persective. Either by way of a redesign of the chain/tensioner/guide or having the valves return to a safe position out of the pistons way should the chain let go.
            IT HAS AFFECTED the preceeding Models back to the beginning of the 3.2 DiD.
            We are stuck in Dubbo AGAIN with a broken timing chain. Ours is an NP 2003 that broke the chain at 203,000 km in the Pilbara.
            Now only 50,000 km later we are stuck again with a broken chain. You are dead right, what does it say about the engineering improvements, or, of the value of the recall fixes.
            I will report on the findings in the next few days http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...cons/icon5.gif

Comment

• goog1948
              • Jul 2013
              • Singleton NSW

recall and adjust tappett/valve

never received any written detail of replacement part from Maitland dealer with the tensioner, as well as noticing all the FM stations on the radio were now tuned to headbanger stations , the indicated fuel economy on the litres/100k is now ratshit . On startup on sunday night it indicated 35 litres /100 k and was only idling, on the highway cant get it back down to below 13 litres

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

Originally posted by goog1948 View Post
                never received any written detail of replacement part from Maitland dealer with the tensioner, as well as noticing all the FM stations on the radio were now tuned to headbanger stations , the indicated fuel economy on the litres/100k is now ratshit . On startup on sunday night it indicated 35 litres /100 k and was only idling, on the highway cant get it back down to below 13 litres
                apprentice
                2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Dev74
                  • May 2012
                  • Soldiers Point

My wife dropped in ours today at Newcastle for the recall and it seems it was in pretty poor shape inside. She was told it was by far the worst case they had seen and it could be a 14 hour job to fix – the engine may need to come out of the car! She was given a loan car and when she was about to leave she saw a note on the car saying "Don't drive me, you may die!" and a sad smiley face drawn below. So it looks like an extended stay for our PJ. Can't fault Klosters at Newcastle so far but I'll be interested to see how much the recall covers and if there is any extra charge.
                  Last edited by Dev74; 06-05-15, 06:21 PM. Reason: Forgot about the rules of naming and shaming ;)

Comment

• GriffT
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Central Coast

Tensioner recall

I had the Pajero in today at Tuggerah for the recall , they have replaced the tensioner, only have 47000kms on it, they tell me that it was within the tolerances but replaced anyway. The replacement took about 1 hour, so all up happy with the outcome.
                    GriffT
                    2013 NW GLX-R, Nudge Bar with LED Lightbar, 2" Lift & HD Springs all towing a Customline Off-Road Camper Trailer

Comment

• Pauno
                      • Dec 2012
                      • Newcastle

Had the Paj into a mitsubishi dealer for the 75k service and to get a few other things looks at. Normally take it somewhere else.
                      They changed the tensioner no questions asked without saying too much else. By the sounds of it they will look to do everyones to avoid a more expensive fix down the track.
                      NW Exceed

Comment

• DJS75
                        • Apr 2015
                        • Gold Coast

Rang local Service centre to book mine in today only to be told that it had already been done by the previous owner in Feb (needless to say I feel relieved)

Comment

• Dev74
                          • May 2012
                          • Soldiers Point

I have the Pajero back from the recall. The dealership had it for a week as they said the motor may need to be removed to fix the job. They said it would be about 14 hours work. Within a couple of days of driving I now have the battery light appearing on the dash and it seems that the alternator is overcharging the battery and blowing the hazard fuse repeatedly. It's a little too coincidental for me as I assume the dealership would have to remove the alternator to remedy the issue. I noticed I also have a brand new radiator as well. I live over 50km from the dealership and they have told me to tow the car in (at my expense) and they will decide if it will be covered under warranty.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Brisbane

Why oh why are there so many bad reports from the recall? Are dealers really this bad at basic things?
                            NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• shawty950
                              • Jun 2011
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dev74 View Post
                              I have the Pajero back from the recall. The dealership had it for a week as they said the motor may need to be removed to fix the job. They said it would be about 14 hours work. Within a couple of days of driving I now have the battery light appearing on the dash and it seems that the alternator is overcharging the battery and blowing the hazard fuse repeatedly. It's a little too coincidental for me as I assume the dealership would have to remove the alternator to remedy the issue. I noticed I also have a brand new radiator as well. I live over 50km from the dealership and they have told me to tow the car in (at my expense) and they will decide if it will be covered under warranty.
                              Are the indicators not working as well ?

May be worth checking this thread

Edit: Actually check to make sure the Hazard fuse is the correct amperage...it is the one that usually sets off the High Alt output
                              SOLD at 150k's - 2011 NT Platinum Diesel auto. Wheels and tyres, cav filter, caddy storage/ausguard barrier and icom IC-440N. NoLimit Tuning Chip. T13 Bullbar. Other stuff when money allows.

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork, MCA Gold shocks and Parabolic rear leafs, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing

Comment

• Dev74
                                • May 2012
                                • Soldiers Point

Yep, I saw that thread after posting. Usually things like this happen when there is a lot of extra electronic stuff added to the car. Police cars have this issue quite a lot. I had a call a couple of hours later this morning from the service manager and he has told me to get a local auto electrician to see if there may be an earthing issue somewhere and, if it's simple to fix, they will cover the bill. So that is at least a step in the right direction.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X