• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Traveller43
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Perth, WA

Does the NT have an OBD II port?

I have been asked by the local motoring organisation to be involved in a trial of a new mobile telematics application they are developing. It is part of a beta test process. To be able to participate I need an iPhone and an OBD II port in the pajero.

Anyone know if I have one of these beasties?

Cheers
    Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket
  • Troy711
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Canberra

Sure does, I've hooked my NT up to my iPhone with a Kiwi unit before.

Comment

• Paj People 2009
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Yes it does John. Can use an Ultragauge or Scangauge with this connection to give you heaps of data readings. We use the Ultragauge - find it easier to read.

Cheers,
      Sally
      SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

I don't know if you have an iphone (that is personal choice) but your ODB II port is under the dash just to the left of the steering column
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• dryzoned
          • Aug 2009
          • Willunga, South Australia

I'm having a lot of fun with a $12 ebay Bluetooth obd ii transmitter. couple that to a Torque app on android. I don't know about iphone support.

- David
          Cheers - David
          NS Exceed 2006 Auto, Petrol+LPG, UHF, rear polybags,M/T STZ's, My roof-rack, My cargo-storage, Thumper, ++ Avan Tayla; picasaweb.google.com/Dryzoned
          Replaced NH GLX Auto, Petrol of 15 years.
          My convoy name was beervan, but when it had all gone my callsign changed.... and has stayed that ever since.

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
            • Aug 2012
            • Brisbane, Southside

Ultragauge Vendors

Sally is the Ultragauge only available from the U.S. or did you source yours locally; had a look on the web and could only find the U.S. supplier.

But pretty sure I have seen it advertised locally...........

Greg
            Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
            Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• Paj People 2009
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Greg,

Yes, that's right. But you set all the gauges to read metric.
              Got it from here:

UltraGauge is both an OBDII Scan Tool and an Information center that displays selectable engine gauges, such as RPM, Speed, Coolant Temperature, Boost, Distance, Fuel Pressure, Mass Air Flow, and more. UltraGauge displays mileage gauges including Instantaneous MPG, Average MPG, gallons per hour, DTE and more. UltraGauge can scan, read and clear trouble codes. Just plug and go! English and Metric units are supported.

The Scangauge has the auto trans temp and this one doesn't, but out of the two, IMO, this one is heaps easier to read. So we really only wanted the engine temp, speed, RPM, boost, and a few others, but you can do 8 pages!

Cheers,
              Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
                • Aug 2012
                • Brisbane, Southside

Ultragauge

Thanks Sally,

Timely that you pointed out that Ultragauge does not do Txmsn Temp, as that is one of the major functions I was looking for.

I'll do some more research.

Greg
                Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
                Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Yeah, that was the only thing with the Ultragauge Greg, but the Scangauge uses the old type LCD screen - a bit small for hubby to see!

You can get a stand alopne gauge for auto trans from Wholesale Auto Trans.

Might look at doing this sometime, although MM says that the alarm will come on at 140 degrees to let you know to stop! Most have reported when towing, it sits on under 100 degrees, so hopefully it is not needed! That's a fair way over before the alarm comes on!!

Cheers,
                  Sally

Comment

• Lando
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2013
                    • Lake Maquarie NSW

im of a different mind, where i prefer the scangauge....as its a much more compact unit, i reckon its super easy to read and colour matches my dash lights perfectly.....also with the blendmount it sits perfectly above my rear view mirrow and not on the windscreen where it just sits annoyingly in my view

I also tuck my gps tightly into the a pillar corner so that space would be a no go anyways
                    MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                      Valued Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Okay, Holden v's Ford!!

I'm Holden, by the way!

Comment

• Lando
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2013
                        • Lake Maquarie NSW

hahaha nah i didnt mean to come across like that at all...just my thoughts on the scangauge...i use a ecudatascan in my subaru and only on trackdays as its too big i reckon...so i opted for a smaller full time unit in the new paj

the ultragauge are the goods too...and much cheaper, but yeah just another guys opinion amongst all the rest lol
                        MY14 NW GLX-R

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Nup, you didn't come across like that Lando, just me being naughtly!!

They both have their pros and cons and it's good to have different opinons on here - helps others make their own decisions.

All good!

Cheers,
                          Sally

PS You didn't say if you like Ford or Holden!

Comment

• Lando
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2013
                            • Lake Maquarie NSW

hahaha if i was to daily drive one i would pick an ford turbo any day....but give me a decent 4 banger jap car over either lol

I honestly got over the whole v8 supercars holden vs ford thing 25 years ago...and im only 28 lol...jdm yo!!
                            MY14 NW GLX-R

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
                              • Jul 2012
                              • South East S.A.

Bring back GODZILLA.
                              bigbaddave12.
                              NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X