• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajero1947
    • Jan 2013
    • Boronia

Battery replacement Key Fob

Just dismantled the key fob and tried to work out where the battery is . Has anyone had to replace the battery and how was it done ?.
    2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

If it's like the NS key it's a piece of cake.
    There is a thread on here somewhere describing it, I'll see if I can find it.

Actually it's on another forum but here it describes it, if your key looks the same, I'd say this is how it will be.
    What a pleasure! R30 for a CR1616 battery from the jeweler, and all sorted in about 2 minutes.. Remove small screw: http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=193840&stc=1&d=1360320382 I used the smallest jewelers phillips screwdriver: http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=193841&stc=1&d=1360320382 Pop the cover off:
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Pajero1947
      • Jan 2013
      • Boronia

Thanks Craka that's exactly how it is will have another go tomorrow.
      2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

• Scouter1
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2013
        • Sydney NSW

Did this last weekend on a Lancer which uses the same key.

You will need a replacement CR1616 battery and jeweller's screwdriver set. Just follow the pictures in the South African forum - 5 minutes work at most. Don't forget to give the battery & terminals a wipe with alcohol wipe to remove finger grease.

Cheers,
        Stephen
        2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Pajero1947
          • Jan 2013
          • Boronia

Just replaced the battery but now does not work, does it need to be reprogrammed at Mitsubishi ?

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

Does the light come on when you push the button?
            Do you have a multilmeter to test the new battery? Maybe it's a dud?
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Pajero1947
              • Jan 2013
              • Boronia

Put the old battery back in , which was working , still couldn’t get it to work

Comment

• Pajero1947
                • Jan 2013
                • Boronia

There is ' no way ' I could put the battery in the wrong way yeh !!

All fixed

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X