• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProfJ
    • Sep 2017
    • Telluride, Colorado

Jap market pajeros with height control, electronic shock

Hey Folks,

Anyone have experience with the SWB 2nd Gen Pajs which were sold in Japan with variable ride height and electronic shock adjustment? I think they made and sold 150 or so to homologate them for the Dakar rallies. Reason I ask is that I am thinking of buying this one, because who wouldn't? https://www.duncanimports.com/wholes...bed3c57a83.htm . I used to have a regular Gen 2 SWB and it was the best car I ever had. But I am nervous about these adjustable features on a 27 year old car, even if it only has 43 000 km on it.
    2001 Montero GLS modified with numerous aftermarket dents (three teenage / twentyish sons, what do you expect)
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

OJ.
    Last edited by old Jack; 24-12-19, 03:03 PM.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• tomwithannl
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Maria Coast Tasmania.

Profj. The one you are thinking of was the EVO, totally different beast. The one your looking at is just the standard Jap market one with adj suspension. As a few others have stated on the forum they can cause big problems and as you say on such an old car. Very clean looking BUT I would doubt the mileage, but that's only me!
      1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
      1953 Morris Minor ute
      1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
      2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• ProfJ
        • Sep 2017
        • Telluride, Colorado

Thanks for answers

Thanks for the replies, Tom and OJ - I had definitely confused the regular SWBs + optional ride/shock adjustment, with the EVOs. That same importer has some SWBs without the option, might go for one of those. Never had a problem with the ride on my last SWB.
        2001 Montero GLS modified with numerous aftermarket dents (three teenage / twentyish sons, what do you expect)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X