X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boostboost
    • Jul 2016
    • Sydney

Nope. Talking about both Dicko. The decarb is put in at 100ml: 80L which is a lot more concentrated than the CRD Enhancer at 10ml:80L. I poured in both. Can't feel or hear any changes yet. Still early days i guess

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by boostboost View Post
      Nope. Talking about both Dicko. The decarb is put in at 100ml: 80L which is a lot more concentrated than the CRD Enhancer at 10ml:80L. I poured in both. Can't feel or hear any changes yet. Still early days i guess

Realise that mate. What I meant was that the fuel enhancer wont produce any tangible results. The decarboniser on the other hand will slowly dissolce build up and engine should run smoother and cleaner..
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• boostboost
        • Jul 2016
        • Sydney

Oh sorry. Misread what you meant. I'm looking forward to some changes. The 30,000 km service is due as well. I've bought the oil, both fuel and oil filters. Tossing up whether to take these to the mechanic and get him to do the servicing or to just do it myself at home. I had a look at the manual and a lot of the things on the list involved inspecting. My only concern is the valve inspection and adjustment. The rest I can do myself.

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Oh sorry. Misread what you meant. I'm looking forward to some changes. The 30,000 km service is due as well. I've bought the oil, both fuel and oil filters. Tossing up whether to take these to the mechanic and get him to do the servicing or to just do it myself at home. I had a look at the manual and a lot of the things on the list involved inspecting. My only concern is the valve inspection and adjustment. The rest I can do myself.

yOU WILL NEED A REGISTERED MECHANIC TO SIGN YOUR SERVICE BOOKLET. sUPPLY THE OILS AND FILTERS AND HE SHOULD BE REASONABLY PRICED. iF HE IS A REASONABLE BLOKE IT DOESNT HURT TO HAVE A MECHANIC IN WHICH YOU HAVE FAITH AND CAN ALSO BUILD UP A RELATIONSHIP SHOULD YOU NEED HIS SERVICES DOWN THE TRACK...
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• boostboost
            • Jul 2016
            • Sydney

Will it void the manufacturers warranty if i didn't have it signed at the marked intervals.?

Comment

• Merts
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2011
              • Bendigo Vic

Will it void the manufacturers warranty if i didn't have it signed at the marked intervals.?

In a word..... yes.
              Merts
              Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
              Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Peterng
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2013
                • Northern Rivers NSW

Dicko is right...

The CRD Fuel Enhancer will not show immediate tangible results..I used the CRD fuel Enhancer for nearly 6 to 8 months before I started noticing those injector rattles on start up start to subside.
                Truthfully, I started thinking that I had been had and it was thinking I had been sold "Snake Oil".
                I'm sorry but I can be pretty sceptical person by nature..
                It was just a mechanic mate at my previous work, who mentioned my Paj seemed to him to have a quieter start up and less rattle.
                Yes..2nd opinion...2nd ear listening...this stuff may...may have something in it.

It's pride..
                Let's face it...You have paid $$$$ amount of coin for some stuff to add to diesel based on promises, that all the "problem things" will be fixed.

Reality...if the diesel injectors are gone...they are gone and no amount of "conditioner nor 2 stroke oil nor CEM products" will fix the problem.

The injectors in this state will need replacing at $$$$

Plain and simple.

But and there is a but...really a big but..if you "can catch"..that gap..time..tune..session..whatever...where the immediate "wear" of the injector needle starts to get known...then you have a bloody good chance..of getting a "Tangible Fix".

What's a "Tangible Fix"..
                ....Bushy Style...Explaination

It's a fix that will last until it goes..you just have keep your eye on it.

Maybe some mechanical minded blokes on the forum could explain better...

How long does a "Tangable fix" last?

That my friend is the $65000 question...
                ...10,000k, 20,0000k..50,0000k....maybe 100.000k

You don't know...really you don't know...untill it (the fix) gives up..

What I noticed with using the CEM Enhancer..is that the "diesel start up injector rattle subsided" and the smoke that I was blowing out under full throttle subsided significantly..

Again the "Tangible Fix"...and will this last..

At the time I noticed my mechanical dilemma, I had a choice...plain and simple...I can not be more honest.

1/. A Injector clean or maybe a replacement.@ $$$$$$$ which I could not afford at that particular time

OR

2/. Try this CEM CRD Diesel Enhancer..$100.00..give it a try...it MIGHT work...it MIGHT not..!!

What have you got to lose....

My Bank Balance is SFA...choice Box No2 ...Mr Dyer (It's a BP PickerBox joke..)

So...after a while, I noticed a small change....good...I'll keep at it..

I then got the FTC Decarbonizer and mixed it to the required amount...then after about 3 tanks...

A noticeable difference in flexibility and drivability of the vehicle..
                I plant the go peddle...the paj kicks down in the auto and goes...had it up along Melville Road to the refinery on a straight section...from 70 kph to 140kph very quick smart and the Paj was still accelerating.
                Jumped from 1800rpm to 4800+ rpm..like it was scolded cat..
                Turbo spindle wind up time..."Turbo Lag"...gone...
                Bugga, I've been dreaming...bullshite...

Try it agin..

Out along to the airport..plant the foot..the Paj from 80kph kicks down a cog...rev's spring from 1900rpm to 5000rpm...and the Paj is off.. touching the ton...still it accelerating...I pulled it up..

In my younger years, I had a HT ute 253V8 with a 308 valley cover bolted to a 4 barrel Rochester... and just that spin in the Paj along Melville bay and to the airport road brought back the memories...
                ...all was missing was the v8 growl...
                ...you just got to be there in the moment...

Sorry ....I digress...

Maybe I have been bloody lucky...I caught the Injectors at that time...and the CEM CRD enhancer and FTC Carboniser have given the motor that "Tangible Fix"

But what I know...is that I will still keep on using this CEM stuff and ride this "Tangible Fix" train until it comes to a station...in 20,000k 50,000k or 100,000k time.

When that happens...well...out comes the $$$$

But back to the original point...

Yep..Dicko was right...
                No immediate effect with the CRD enhancer...it will take some time.

Comment

• Peterng
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Northern Rivers NSW

Please Note: I have no business or personal affiliation what so ever with Cost Effective Maintenance

Mea Culpa

I mentioned in previously in this thread, that I used the CEM Oil Flush Concerntrate and that I believed that the product was mistakenly left in with the new oil change.
                  When my mechanic came back after a family matter, I went and spoke to him in relation to this.
                  I got my facts wrong.
                  The CEM oil flush concentrate was put in with the previous old oil, ran the vehicle for 30 minutes then dropped the oil with the oil flush concerntrate in it, the CEM oil concerntrate was not put in with the new change of oil.
                  He mentioned he got a bit of muck out with the old oil, but nothing that had him saying to himself WTF!, it was nothing to write home about.
                  What he did notice was that the oil was quite black...
                  It's a petty he did not take a photo of it.
                  At about $120.00 a throw to fill the sump with synthetic oil, the mechanic opted to put the oil concerntrate in with the oil old and save using a new flush batch.

Ok,
                  I generally change my oil @ 5000 - 6000k's...., but for this exercise I will extend this oil to 10,000k before it is changed.
                  It is a synthetic oil, Castrol Edge..it was going cheap.
                  I do not have a EGR block nor do I run an oil Catch Can, there has been no modifications to the engine what so ever...stock.
                  So, it has been about 3 to 4 weeks since the oil change, I have been checking the oil to see if it is starting to get dark in colour..
                  The photo attached shows the colour of the oil, nearly 4 weeks after the oil change..
                  Very interesting, I was expecting it to be a little darker in colour.
                  At present I have just been punting around and not doing real serious k's...yet.
                  I would say I would have done about 300k's since the oil change.
                  I have added CEM AW10 anti wear to the oil at the recommended dosage for a 10trs of oil.

I will keep a little updated visual diary going, in this thread, showing the oil colour at about every 4 weeks or so until the next oil change.

I have been using the CEM product FTC Decarboniser prior to the oil change and will continue to use the FTC Decarboniser at the recommended dosage when ever I fill up.

So it is going to be an interesting little exercise, to see what happens to this oil visually over the 10,000k...I am expecting the oil to get a typical dark black colour in the finish..

Lets see what happens..
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Peterng; 25-03-17, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• ozdoogie
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Redcliffe, Qld

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
                    Please Note: I have no business or personal affiliation what so ever with Cost Effective Maintenance

Mea Culpa

I mentioned in previously in this thread, that I used the CEM Oil Flush Concerntrate and that I believed that the product was mistakenly left in with the new oil change.
                    When my mechanic came back after a family matter, I went and spoke to him in relation to this.
                    I got my facts wrong.
                    The CEM oil flush concentrate was put in with the previous old oil, ran the vehicle for 30 minutes then dropped the oil with the oil flush concerntrate in it, the CEM oil concerntrate was not put in with the new change of oil.
                    He mentioned he got a bit of muck out with the old oil, but nothing that had him saying to himself WTF!, it was nothing to write home about.
                    What he did notice was that the oil was quite black...
                    It's a petty he did not take a photo of it.
                    At about $120.00 a throw to fill the sump with synthetic oil, the mechanic opted to put the oil concerntrate in with the oil old and save using a new flush batch.

Ok,
                    I generally change my oil @ 5000 - 6000k's...., but for this exercise I will extend this oil to 10,000k before it is changed.
                    It is a synthetic oil, Castrol Edge..it was going cheap.
                    I do not have a EGR block nor do I run an oil Catch Can, there has been no modifications to the engine what so ever...stock.
                    So, it has been about 3 to 4 weeks since the oil change, I have been checking the oil to see if it is starting to get dark in colour..
                    The photo attached shows the colour of the oil, nearly 4 weeks after the oil change..
                    Very interesting, I was expecting it to be a little darker in colour.
                    At present I have just been punting around and not doing real serious k's...yet.
                    I would say I would have done about 300k's since the oil change.
                    I have added CEM AW10 anti wear to the oil at the recommended dosage for a 10trs of oil.

I will keep a little updated visual diary going, in this thread, showing the oil colour at about every 4 weeks or so until the next oil change.

I have been using the CEM product FTC Decarboniser prior to the oil change and will continue to use the FTC Decarboniser at the recommended dosage when ever I fill up.

So it is going to be an interesting little exercise, to see what happens to this oil visually over the 10,000k...I am expecting the oil to get a typical dark black colour in the finish..

Lets see what happens..
                    Great feedback, thanks for posting PeterNg

My experience is that after flushing the engine, it took about 4,000 klms before my oil turned the "black" oil colour. That 4,000 klms was approximately a 60% highway / 40% city cycle. My mechainc added the AW10 at the recommended dosage when the new oil went in. I run Penrite HPR 15 , 15W/50. semi-syn.

I use the CEM CRD enhancer and decarboniser, once a month, at 10mls -CRD and 50 mls decarboniser. Been doing this for about 10 months now, seems to work for me.
                    Engine runs smoother, very occasional turbo lag.

Cheers

Guy.
                    2010, NT GL, Alloy Bullbar, LED Internal Lights retrofit, UHF radio, "Special EGR Gasket". , LED Spotlights
                    Work in Progress.....

Comment

• jkwpajero
                      • Jun 2008
                      • Young, NSW

Just resurrecting this thread with my experience. Have had my NW Pajero for about 5,000ks now and purchased it with 45,000ks on it. My previous 4wd was a 1HDT 80Series with over 420,000ks on it when sold. I used CEM oil flush in the 80 series at each change (5,000k's) and even on an old school diesel the oil stayed cleaner. When I first bought it @ 360,000 ks I used a 1ltr bottle of CEM de-carboniser through it at full strength for a couple of tanks, all 150ltrs of capacity, and then at the standard strength. It certainly help with the performance AND the old girl seemed to run cooler under full load. I have always used Morey's Diesel conditioner in my diesels for a number of years and I am using it in the Pajero. It is one of those things that the benefits are not something you can see, but happen over time I think. Come first oil change in the Pajero I will add some CEM oil flush, and will continue to use it at each change. I have an EGR delete module and Provent 200 fitted from the week after I took possession and I have to say that CRD motors have much cleaner oil than my old direct injection motor in the 80 Series. Ain't modern vehicles grand?

James
                      Last edited by jkwpajero; 04-02-18, 02:25 PM.
                      2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• littleriver
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Queensland

Have you's guy's/girls seen this ... what are your thoughts

It's about $165 for the clean ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Alex86
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Here and there

Haven't seen that brand, but I've recently had the Interject induction clean done on the Escape (petrol, but they do diesels too). Done on-vehicle without having to pull the manifold off etc.

I got it done as it wasn't expensive ($140ish) hoping that it might fix my intermittent aircon/idle/stalling issue. I'm not calling it fixed just yet as it's too early to tell because I've not been doing too much driving-aircon use since, but so far I reckon it's improved. If it doesn't sort out the issue well, no big deal the induction system has been cleaned!
                          '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                          Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Peterng
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Northern Rivers NSW

Cost Effective Maintenance FTC DECARBONIZER

It was about 4 months ago I was visiting friends on a Riverina farm and they were having trouble with their triton diesel Ute..85k and blowing smoke. He runs a contract laser grader business as well as his farm so he is running some heavy equipment. A true bush mechanic..pulls tractors apart before lunchtime and doesn’t suffer fools greatly. When speaking to him, he described black smoke in his words..blocking out the scenery in his rear view mirror as he accelerates. At one point the police near Hay, pulled him up and commented on the smoke...his quick thinking and slight of tongue got him off on a “pollution warning”. So he booked the triton into a diesel mechanic to get the injectors and maybe lines / pump overhauled. I mentioned to him the FTC decarboniser, he laughed and being a sceptical cocky and a bush mechanic who has been near machinery for 50years..yeh right...pigs fly! I put in his triton tank a recommended amount of FTC and forgot about it.
                            About 3 weeks ago he rang me up and said the stuff (FTC)wasn’t working, he bought a litre bottle and the triton smoking on acceleration had got worse..he was scared to drive into town for the cops would book him for smoking the joint out, it was getting that bad. He had parked in the shed. I asked him to ring the number on the bottle and speak to the blokes at Cost Effective Maintenance who make FTC Decarbonizer and see what they recommend..can’t cost any more and worst case...off to the diesel mechanic. I got a phone call today from him..I was expecting the worst..FTC is shite..waste of money..you have been had..throwing good money away..yadda yadda. What I got was a Thankyou...thank you..I have a new triton..pulls like I had just bought it yesterday, it doesn’t smoke anymore, nothing..not a bloody puff of black or grey smoke to be scene when I stick the boot into it and I didn’t have to get a mechanic to put a spanner to it..matter of fact all the machinery on the farm have been put on FTC..bought a drum. I asked what the boys from Cost Effective Maintenance had said to him..I never got a answer for he said thanks mate and hung up..a man a few words...maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Peterng; 28-10-18, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• basil
                              • Apr 2012
                              • Gembrook

I have helped two more people here through work in the last month, and both were facing thousands at the diesel specialists.
                              Both were late model crd's and both showing similar symptoms, one more so than the other.
                              One truck driver said, "let me shake your hand", which is strange as he isn't exactly a touchy feely bloke at the best of times. "Saved me thousands you have" he bellowed. No wonder he got touchy, I was the cheaper option.

I should have bought shares in that business twenty years ago with the amount of people I have helped.
                              I have come to the conclusion that 95 % of issues can be cured, and in fact never need to exist in the first place if the fuel system is kept immaculately clean. Fact.

Cheers,

Comment

• Peterng
                                Valued Member
                                • Jun 2013
                                • Northern Rivers NSW

Just an interesting update...
                                I have been putting the Cost Effective FTC Decarbonizer in every 3rd tank or so and the CRD cleaner in every 3 months or so...this has been for about 4 years..
                                Well I bought some cheap diesel in Ballina a couple of weeks ago..for the next fortnight the Paj was pig rooting and blowing some black smoke, losing 200rpm all of a sudden..when I touched the go peddle..I thought that the injectors had finally given up the ghost after 150,000KM of me being told that I needed new injectors 4 years previously...or hopefully money wise, a Suction Control Valve....if it was new injectors..I was up for...$$$$$..$1800 plus fitting.
                                Anyway...
                                I went and booked the Paj into a well respected diesel service centre in Lismore for a definitive diagnosis..report and planed fix with costings..
                                They drove the Paj for 1 hour uphills and down dale...put it through all their analysis tests..all is good..the end result..runs like clockwork.."you may have got a bad dose of diesel..but we can't find a problem..it all is within the proper parameters." was the reply...paid $150.00 later for their trouble and left their premises a happy man...
                                Last edited by Peterng; 19-05-20, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X