• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robdanjor
    • Aug 2016
    • Brisbane

Brake Calipers difference Petrol vs Diesel

Hi Everyone. Just dived into the 4wd club and have bought a 2007 NS VRX Petrol. Loving the beach ATM but have since hit the unfortunate side of 4wd's. One of my brake caliper pistons on the front is rusted and fully seized in the caliper body. I have the opportunity to buy a set of brake calipers off a NW Diesel but i am not sure if they will fit as rotors are different sizes. Does anybody know if these are interchangeable and please let me know. Thanks
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

No difference between petrol/diesel.....only difference is between swb and lwb.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• robdanjor
      • Aug 2016
      • Brisbane

Thanks for the response aussieintas. Is there a difference in models NS to NW

Comment

• scribble88
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2014
        • Geraldton, WA

robdanjor,

I was going to reply no, as I thought the NW's having 18' wheels it would be different; but no. According to the bendix website Nov 2006 to now same part numbers. Of course front and rear pad are different.
        2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Electric brake controller, Kings Lethal 9” LED’s.Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates.

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by robdanjor View Post
          Hi Everyone. Just dived into the 4wd club and have bought a 2007 NS VRX Petrol. Loving the beach ATM but have since hit the unfortunate side of 4wd's. One of my brake caliper pistons on the front is rusted and fully seized in the caliper body. I have the opportunity to buy a set of brake calipers off a NW Diesel but i am not sure if they will fit as rotors are different sizes. Does anybody know if these are interchangeable and please let me know. Thanks
          Is your car SWB or LWB?
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
            Is your car SWB or LWB?
            Fair question. I don't think VRX was available in SWB. Looking at Carsales.com, SWB were R & X only, so I'd guess we're talking LWB.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• spot01
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
              Fair question. I don't think VRX was available in SWB. Looking at Carsales.com, SWB were R & X only, so I'd guess we're talking LWB.
              But then the OP says the rotors are different sizes, so I wonder if it is a SWB? IIRC, didn't they call them VR & VRX at some stage?
              In any case, if the rotors are different sizes, is there any likelihood they would fit?
              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                But then the OP says the rotors are different sizes, so I wonder if it is a SWB? IIRC, didn't they call them VR & VRX at some stage?
                In any case, if the rotors are different sizes, is there any likelihood they would fit?
                It's possible. With Gen 2s, there are two different size front rotors (15" vs 16" wheels) that use the same pads. Mitsubishi may have continued that philosophy.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• twisted32
                  • Jan 2015
                  • Adelaide

If you have the 330mm dia rotors with 4 piston calipers (same as NT, NW, NX etc), then yes they will fit. If you have the smaller rotors with two piston calipers (same as the NP etc), then they may fit, if you change over both rotors and calipers as an upgrade...
                  MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• robdanjor
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Brisbane

Thanks everyone for helping. This is where i was getting confused. My car is LWB with 330mm rotors and 4 spot calipers with 18inch genuine wheels. Rotor size is advertised as meant to be the smaller rotors. Does anybody with a NW diesel know if the rotor size is 330mm than that will answer my question i think

Comment

• twisted32
                      • Jan 2015
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by robdanjor View Post
                      Thanks everyone for helping. This is where i was getting confused. My car is LWB with 330mm rotors and 4 spot calipers with 18inch genuine wheels. Rotor size is advertised as meant to be the smaller rotors. Does anybody with a NW diesel know if the rotor size is 330mm than that will answer my question i think
                      Yes, the NW diesel has the 330mm rotors and 4 pot calipers
                      MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Duramax
                        • Dec 2016
                        • Moscow

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                        No difference between petrol/diesel.....only difference is between swb and lwb.
                        There is no difference between petrol 3.8 L / diesel 3.2 L, but petrol 3.0 L is not the same.

Comment

• aussieintas
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • Sorell, Tasmania

Good point but we dont get the 3.0L in the Gen4 in Aus.
                          2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                          99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...