• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pauly Faulkner
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2012
    • Maitland, NSW

You need to measure it's diameter.
    My link rubbers are persihed and makes a noticable clunk/crack sound now and then.
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• mmannion
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by Darwiniandude View Post
      Not home at the moment, but all the parts catalogues list 28mm and 29mm bushes, but they class NM and NP as the same vehicle search.

Anyone know off hand if the NP is 28mm or 29mm?
      29mm front and think the rear was 24mm.

EDIT: rear are 25mm(nolathane part# 42222)
      Front are 29mm (nolathane part# 42561)
      Last edited by mmannion; 10-02-13, 01:30 PM.
      02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• mmannion
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by mmannion View Post
        New swaybar D bushes fixed the clunk for me. Got the Nolathane ones from autobarn for $24 a set, tightened up the cornering nicely too so happy days. The original rubber ones didn't look bad at all but new ones made all the difference. Did both front and rear.
        Well that was short lived!!! Bloody clunk is back again, seems most prevailant when reversing out of a parking spot touching the brakes and left hand down. Removed swaybar completely, still there. Removed bash plates, still there. I have gone over everything under the front end and nothing loose or any play.

me nuts!!!!
        02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

Comment

• outback_aussie
          • Nov 2010
          • Sunshine Coast, QLD

I have an update. It happened again today, after I turned off the car, locked it and had walked 10m away it went clunk!

It was cold/raining today and it seems to happen more often on cold days and such. Totally confused because there was literally no movement involved at all. Definitely sounds metallic like hitting a spanner on a chassis rail.

Some kind of Pajero mystery curse?
          2002 Pajero NM GLX 3.5L Manual

ARB Bullbar - 2" Lifted HD Lovells/Billies - Driving Lights - Upgraded Headlights - Custom Storage/Bed System & Curtains - 75L Fridge/Freezer - Dual Batts - Remote Head UHF - Engine Temperature Gauge/Alarm - 2.5m Awning - Cooper 265/75R16 AT3's on 16x7 BLAACK sunny's - TJM Air Compressor - Kenwood Stereo & Sub - Factory Roof Racks & Tow Bar - and a VERY long wish list!

Coming Soon (hopefully): Winch & Snorkel

Comment

• Nab
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Perth

My last Patrol had a metallic clunk, seemingly at random. I ended up being a pinhole in the left front spring insulator (rubber bit at to of spring). Not sure if Pajeros have this. I just turned around about 30mm and the noise stopped.
            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• King Triton
              • Feb 2009

Might sound stupid but take your TJM bash plates (sump & intercooler) off and drive around and see if that fixes it.
              2005 NP Petrol Auto Pajero - HD Lovells Front - SD Lovells Rear - Billsteins front & Rear - Bushskinz Bash Plates Front, Middle & Rear - 265/75 BFG A/T - GME TX 3440 UHF - Benelec Explorer Antenna (3dB & 6dB) - HiTech Headers - Red Centa (TJM) Awning.......

Comment

• mmannion
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Birth place of QLD

I already took bash plates and swaybar off but still there.

Comment

• Darwiniandude
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2008
                  • Adelaide

My bushes will arrive next week. Hopefully they fix my problem. If not then ill be on the hunt too.
                  Adelaide
                  2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

• CATs 4x4
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Centurion South Africa

Originally posted by outback_aussie View Post
                    I have an update. It happened again today, after I turned off the car, locked it and had walked 10m away it went clunk!

It was cold/raining today and it seems to happen more often on cold days and such. Totally confused because there was literally no movement involved at all. Definitely sounds metallic like hitting a spanner on a chassis rail.

Some kind of Pajero mystery curse?
                    This is normal. It is something to do with the actuator disengaging. Remember that even though you are in 2x4 that with the super select system it is always partially engaged/synchronised to go into 4x4. The sounds is not always that noisy though as I think it depends on the wind up that occurred during the time it was driven. Any way my explanation might be total hogwash, but I can promise you it is normal. I am standing on 285000km on my NM and 7 years of ownership and have grown totally used to this noise. Rather worry if you do not hear it every now and again. Even my new NS had the same noise.

CATS
                    2001 Pajero NM 3.2 DiD GLS LWB Manual
                    (Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
                    2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
                    2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)

Comment

• gloonk
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Nowra NSW

My NP every so often after parking makes a crack sound from the front end too. Mainly notice it in my drive way which is flat and level.
                      05 NP DID Exceed

Comment

• Darwiniandude
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2008
                        • Adelaide

Clunk kept getting worse, finally got around to fitting the nolathane bushes I ordered online. (Would buy locally but no one had stock, can only get to auto stores during the week)

Anyway, nose instantly gone. Definitely was the cause of my issue.

In case anyone else is trying to diagnose, the clunk was most often heard when braking to a stop and as the front of the car settles after stopping. It could also partially be felt through the brake pedal, which worried me. But all sorted now.
                        Adelaide
                        2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

• mmannion
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • Birth place of QLD

Ok update on the clunk for my nm. As stated earlier I removed the two front bash plates and sway bar, clunk was still there when reversing and turning wheel. Definitely sounded as though it was in the front end, after checking everything multiple times I could not find any play or movement anywhere. So I never did remove the transmission bash plate as the sound was right up front, anyway removed transmission bash plate and the noise is now gone. Have tried multiple times to see if I could get it to make the noise but no way so that was definitely it.

Very happy as it was annoying the shit out of me not being able to find where it was coming from, just wish I would have removed that bash plate earlier!

Comment

• amr75wcr
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • Sunny Coast

I have had a clunk noise on right hand turns particularly when left suspension unloaded, wasn't overly concerned as the bash plate are common to knock. Well bugger me refitting the winch and having a quick look underneath I found it
                            Busted away bar link

Must have been a good hit
                            Wayne
                            04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• mmannion
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2008
                              • Birth place of QLD

I thought I was bad snapping a shock!

Comment

• Darwiniandude
                                Valued Member
                                • May 2008
                                • Adelaide

That's impressive work. Do you reckon you know where you did it? Driving over any tree stumps and/or boulders recently?
                                Adelaide

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X