• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Fitzgerald River National Park

I should be in Fitz today. The rain has been extrodinary. The road was cut at Gnowanerup and i had o take a wet, slushy 50km detour. Only to get just Ongerup and the road is closed again. Got bogged turning around and had to get the paj and ulti towed out. Made a beeline for the caravan park and spent $40 to sleep in the self contained house. Will try for Fitz tomorrow. Rain, thunder and lightning hasnt let up
    Attached Files
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Off to another great start by the sounds of it! Have a great trip you lucky bugger. I'm dying to get back down that way and explore the park more.
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Me too if it wasnt for all the bloody rain. Most of the roads in there were closed as of yesterday. It will only be worse now. But im warm and dry atm so all good
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• efeinblatt
        • Feb 2015
        • perth

Good luck Shane. I'll be back down that way on Friday, but in a different part of the park. Rapid plan changes. Destination: Bremer Bay. Thought it was the best place to give my wife and son a taste of what I've just seen. Hope the worst of the weather has passed - for you and me.
        1992 NH 2.5L diesel turbo intercooler, ARB bull bar, Hankook Dynapro AT 31x10.5x15, IPF 900 spotties, home-made bug guard, rola vortex roof rack, 47L Evakool, Thumper

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Cheers. Have a good time. I plan to get to Bremer whilst there for a cache or two. Ill keep my eyes peeled for you.

My Journeys

Comment

• Paj man
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2010
            • Perth

Best to check if the np is still open, it was closed on us once after rain and the concern of spreading dieback into the park.
            1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by Paj man View Post
              Best to check if the np is still open, it was closed on us once after rain and the concern of spreading dieback into the park.
              It was open on tuesday however many roads in it are closed. Hope it drys out.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

And they have no chowder here in Hopetoun

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Where i had to do my 50km detour yesterday. Im not surprised:

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Thornlie/Perth

Jesus! They sure have had some rain! Might be time to bail and head elsewhere?
                    Although it's all Bitumen coming from Hopetoun way into Hammersly campground and if you have the Yaks with you, at least you have a nice inlet for a paddle around.
                    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• efeinblatt
                      • Feb 2015
                      • perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                      Where i had to do my 50km detour yesterday. Im not surprised:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-2...tralia/7104350
                      YIKES!
                      Of all days, why didn't they have the chowder special .... ?
                      1992 NH 2.5L diesel turbo intercooler, ARB bull bar, Hankook Dynapro AT 31x10.5x15, IPF 900 spotties, home-made bug guard, rola vortex roof rack, 47L Evakool, Thumper

Comment

• mckenzl
                        • Mar 2013
                        • WA

Spent a week down there a couple of years ago at Point Anne. Awesome spot. Saw three whales having a bit more than fun together and 50+ dolphins surfing the breaks. There were also a lot of hard tyred twats not being able to get off the beach asking for help! Coincidence most were Prados?

Good luck getting in! Look forward to reading the trip report later

Liam
                        Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Well after 2 days we are in. All the good dirt stuff is closed. Hopefully they reopen it soon. Also not impressed with the camp site. Who ever thought of a long pad for a caravan that you cant reverse into.....they should have been aligned 90 degrees
                          Last edited by sharkcaver; 22-01-16, 05:37 PM.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                            Well after 2 days we are in. All the good dirt stuff is closed. Hopefully they reopen it soon. Also not impressed with the camp site. Who ever thought of a long pad for a caravan that you cant reverse into.....they should have been aligned 90 degrees

Yep, it's a bit of a dopey idea the way they have it set-up, that's why I used one of the larger ones with the T-Van. At least you have a spot now anyway, hope the weather has improved for you. The walk over the headland to Whalebone beach is not a bad hike.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Thanks for the heads up Steve. A couple for Eric. Cant upload my cam pics via the tab on the forum for some reason
                              Attached Files

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X