• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dazza.
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Northern Territory

Website feedback

I see there is a place for website feedback!

I call on the admin's to lighten up and stop deleting posts for whatever reason!

I have had 4 posts deleted in the NT rust thread - none of which were offensive, inappropriate or argumentative. I responded to a question and justified my position/opinion with fact. Further to I have a vehicle affected by the rust and I have provided feedback to assist others, yet apparently I'm no longer able to voice my opinion or support another member being criticised by admin/moderator's of this forum.

The only criticism I made was them silencing my opinion. We all have them and we are all entitled to voice them. Let this forum be what it is - a forum to exchange idea's, experiences, opinion's and stories.
    COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Dazza twice Gus sent you a PM suggesting you cool it. Three times you attempted to post in that thread when two Admin had asked you not too.
    Taipan was smart, he toned it down after a PM from me.
    You want to keep pushing the issue .
    I will tell you once and publically here.
    If you attempt to undermine the Admin again on this forum your account will be deleted.
    Final warning.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• NJ94
      Valued Member
      • May 2009
      • Melbourne East

I'm going to chip in here. If someone challenges your opinion, and you respond to that challenge with criticism, then it would appear that you are in fact not practicing what you preach. If I put something forward - as an opinion - and someone dismantles it then I'm happy because we've all learned. But I can't criticise people just because they disagree with me.

Finally the moderators cannot fill gaps in logic. All I know about the mods is that they want to keep the forum reasonably polite, accessible to all (even people who disagree) and out of trouble. If I got an email from the mods telling me to pipe down (and I may very well get one) then if I have agreed to the conditions of the forum - I would pipe down.

Peter
      "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Comment

• Dazza.
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Northern Territory

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
        Dazza twice Gus sent you a PM suggesting you cool it. Three times you attempted to post in that thread when two Admin had asked you not too.
        Taipan was smart, he toned it down after a PM from me.
        You want to keep pushing the issue .
        I will tell you once and publically here.
        If you attempt to undermine the Admin again on this forum your account will be deleted.
        Final warning.
        Dave
        Suggesting I "cool it". I didn't say anything offensive or argumentative. All I stated was I'm entitled to my opinion and I agree with Taipan that Mitsubishi should be proactive on the issue if they've known about it. I then stated that it was reasonable to ask for Luke's feedback - us obviously not knowing he'd left. Especially considering he'd announced his position previously.

You know as well as I do, I have contributed a lot to this forum over the past two years. If you delete me I am still certainly able to read the forum so no loss to me, but the other members will be unable to see any feedback, experiences or problems I encounter or receive any assistance I may be able to help with.

Your call. I also strongly encourage you to re-instate my very first reply after your post in the NT rust thread - let the members on here decide whether I needed to "cool it" or not. You won't, because I'm right.
        COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Dazza it is not because you are right or wrong. We asked ....you did not comply.
          You bring your own misery.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Dazza.
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Northern Territory

Originally posted by NJ94 View Post
            I'm going to chip in here. If someone challenges your opinion, and you respond to that challenge with criticism, then it would appear that you are in fact not practicing what you preach. If I put something forward - as an opinion - and someone dismantles it then I'm happy because we've all learned. But I can't criticise people just because they disagree with me.

Finally the moderators cannot fill gaps in logic. All I know about the mods is that they want to keep the forum reasonably polite, accessible to all (even people who disagree) and out of trouble. If I got an email from the mods telling me to pipe down (and I may very well get one) then if I have agreed to the conditions of the forum - I would pipe down.

Peter
            I agree NJ. But not being able to give your opinion or told to "cool it" when you haven't stepped out of line whatsoever is a bit rich. Especially when it was on the back of a question from an admin!

My post was deleted for no apparent reason other than it challenged Pickle/Dave's post. I asked why it was deleted, I was told to "cool it", so I asked for it to be re-instated. Again my post was deleted.

And here we are.... No freedom of speech apparently...

Comment

• Dazza.
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2009
              • Northern Territory

Dazza it is not because you are right or wrong. We asked ....you did not comply.
              You bring your own misery.
              Dave
              What was I asked to do and why? I wasn't wound up on my reply to you. I became wound up when my posts kept getting deleted. What did I say exactly for the need to "cool it">?

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

O'k Dazza, "Public"...

You accused me of deleteing I didn't..
                2/ it was put to you the only reason your post was deleted was due to the fact another member had been spoken to & with you adding the comment you did it would only inflame the issue.. you also state that 1 of the Administrators has it in for you, not true if so you would have been gone ages ago..

Fact if you persist it will happen.. End of story.

To all, this forum is & remains one of the least moderated out there. This is a credit to all members of it. This will be the 1st & last time you will see any public message like this. Since I have been involved, & talking to other Administrators, I can say that a simple PM is all that is needed & in 99% of these we get a polite reply.

Gus.
                VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Lance
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • Melbourne

From an appreciative member.
                  Forums are not a democracy, they need guidelines, rules and control.
                  The volunteer Admins here have the job of enforcing those rules and do so fairly and with an unbiased attitude from what I've seen.

If any of you have an issue, I would suggest you would get a much better response with a polite PM to Admin.
                  The forum needs to run smoothly, these blokes help make that happen, and they deserve your support, even if you don't agree with all their decisions.
                  2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                  2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

Thanks for your comment Lance.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Dazza.
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • Northern Territory

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                      O'k Dazza, "Public"...

You accused me of deleteing I didn't..
                      2/ it was put to you the only reason your post was deleted was due to the fact another member had been spoken to & with you adding the comment you did it would only inflame the issue.. you also state that 1 of the Administrators has it in for you, not true if so you would have been gone ages ago..

Fact if you persist it will happen.. End of story.

To all, this forum is & remains one of the least moderated out there. This is a credit to all members of it. This will be the 1st & last time you will see any public message like this. Since I have been involved, & talking to other Administrators, I can say that a simple PM is all that is needed & in 99% of these we get a polite reply.

Gus.
                      To be fair, you sent me a PM after I publicly asked who deleted my topic. Until now you have not denied it. Be pretty easy to think it was you wouldn't it? If it wasn't you, I'd have an educated guess that it was Pickle. Regardless the "other member" spoken to or not had a very valid point which I agreed with regarding proactive action. Pickle made a comment with his OPINION. I made a comment with my OPINION that it was fair and reasonable to ask for Luke's response..... Pickle warned me not to comment further. I replied not saying anything to inflame the topic, I merely clarified my position, and reasons for my opinion and stated that we have a right to express an opinion, exchange idea's etc (it's a forum after all!) - particularly given that I am an owner of an NT Pajero with rust!!! I have continually encouraged, no infact ASKED you or someone else to put my original post back up! Pickle has made his dislike for me perfectly clear on previous occasions and this occasion doesn't surprise me at all.

I've never had a problem with you Gus, until now. You sent me a PM despite me never crossing any lines or saying anything inappropriate or inflammatory. I was not worked up, angry, sad, drunk, agitated or anything out of the normal. My post was polite and on subject. As I keep saying re-instate the original post of mine!

Let the other members determine whether my post was out of line or not!!

Again no one will put it up - wonder why??????
                      Last edited by Dazza.; 19-11-11, 05:33 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Gus
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Traralgon. Vic

Dazza, I sent you the PM as you said, it was polite & gave you the reason why it was deleted, yes by Dave, we discussed it. The reason you received the PM from me, is you have made it clear, in the past, that you think Dave has it in for you.. I told you & you have been told before that is not the case. Why should we say who has deleted your post? The reason was given end of story as I said in my polite PM move on... You have a problem with me too now fine so be it I can live with it. Do yourself a favour S/W off & have a break otherwise you may find it will be enforced..

Oh & any smart posts with:
                        "Let the other members determine whether my post was out of line or not!!

Will see it happen grow up & move on last warning post again tonight on this subject & you'll have an enforced rest..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Dazza.
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • Northern Territory

Dazza, I sent you the PM as you said, it was polite & gave you the reason why it was deleted, yes by Dave, we discussed it. The reason you received the PM from me, is you have made it clear, in the past, that you think Dave has it in for you.. I told you & you have been told before that is not the case. Why should we say who has deleted your post? The reason was given end of story as I said in my polite PM move on... You have a problem with me too now fine so be it I can live with it. Do yourself a favour S/W off & have a break otherwise you may find it will be enforced..

Gus.
                          I never said your PM was rude and I never said I had it in for you either. I said I've never had a problem with you, until now - I now understand it was by virtue of Dave. 'Nuff said.

In the interests of transparency this is what your PM said:

Originally posted by Gus
                          Dazza, please don't get involved mate your Paj has the problem.. The Admin, (all of us), agree with Dave that The Taipans post implied it was his & to do with this thread.. It wasn't full stop!

So he has been told that... With you getting involved now is only inflaming the issue so please let it be & let those with the problem like yours keep us informed on the progress after Mits looks at your problem..

Any posts that are deemed not to will be deleted.

Gus.
                          As I explained to you I agreed with his comments about a proactive solution to the problem - and I think it reasonable to seek a reply from Luke. I never once commented about the apparent message from Luke that he presented. My only comment were along the lines of that it's reasonable to seek a reply from Luke

Again - WHY WON'T ANYONE PUT UP MY INITIAL REPLY??? If anyone's inflamed anything it was Dave having a dig at me - see his last post?

I believe you have talked with your dealer regarding yours and a process to repair it will be happening for you soon.
                          Therefore you should have no more involvement with this thread except to talk about the results of your claim...........do you know where I am coming from Dazza
                          Dave
                          And of course, I reply but my reply is deleted.... and no-one will re-instate it.... Convenient eh? I'm happy for this to be 100% public. If the admin's are so concerned with what I wrote and it was as bad as people are making out -here is your chance to prove it - put it up. No one will, because it will support everything I've said.

Comment

• Dazza.
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • Northern Territory

Oh & any smart posts with:
                            "Let the other members determine whether my post was out of line or not!!

Will see it happen grow up & move on last warning post again tonight on this subject & you'll have an enforced rest..

Gus.
                            You changed your post while I was in reply.

All I ask is you put up my first reply to Dave. Put that up and I'll back off.

Otherwise, I have nothing to lose by being deleted, I can still read the forum. My contributions will still stop - in that can't help anyone else or provide any of my experiences. You both know I have contributed quite a lot to this forum.

Comment

• Gus
                              Administrator
                              • Mar 2008
                              • Traralgon. Vic

Dazza, 1st up you have just made a big mistake, you have posted a PM to make a point! Publicly posting a Personnel Message is against all forum rules..
                              (Lucky for you it was mine)

That alone would see anyone get a rest, on top of that you just will not move on so as you've made it public..

As of now you are Banned for 2 weeks when/if you come back think before you post you will find that a polite PM to us if you have a problem will be considered otherwise don't bother..

Oh & thanks you've just ruined my day I have never had to ban anyone from here..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X