• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Gen 2 section problems?

Just wondering if it is just me, but I'm having issues with the Gen2 section.

Basically, it doesnt seem to update like it "normally" should. The main forum list shows a specific topic has been recently added to, yet when I click to go into the Gen2 section, that particular topic is heaps down the list with less posts listed and not even the same person making the last post. Weird things like that. Some dont even show that I have replied (thread about covering the holes over wheel arches after the 3rd row seats are removed).
    Other sections all seem fine.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
    Just wondering if it is just me, but I'm having issues with the Gen2 section.

Basically, it doesnt seem to update like it "normally" should. The main forum list shows a specific topic has been recently added to, yet when I click to go into the Gen2 section, that particular topic is heaps down the list with less posts listed and not even the same person making the last post. Weird things like that. Some dont even show that I have replied (thread about covering the holes over wheel arches after the 3rd row seats are removed).
    Other sections all seem fine.
    I can see your reply about the holes over wheel arches.
    Everything looks ok here
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

Methinks its something to do with cookies or similar.
      Strange that it seems to be only the Gen2 forum that is giving me issues. It doesn't seem to be 'updating' if that makes any sense?

Edit - deleted all the browser history etc and signed in (interesting that it took about 2 goes to accept me) and it seems to be ok at the moment!
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

• Alex86
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Here and there

No luck. Gen2 is back to doing it again.

When I look at the main forum page (the one that lists every section) right now, it tells me the latest reply is to a thread on a motor for a '98. I click to go into the Gen2 section, and that thread is way down the list and supposedly the latest is my reply to the 99 centre console.

Only happening in then Gen2 section.
        Off to work now, but will try play with settings later on....

Comment

• Alex86
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Here and there

No dice yet.

I get to the main forum page and it tells me that the latest thing posted was say 57mins ago. I click to go into Gen2, and it tells me that topic was replied to 11 minutes ago, co-incident with the last time i looked at it.

The "11min ago" post is the same as the "57min ago" post because it hasnt updated.

Each time i go into the Gen 2 forum i need to hit refresh so that it sorts everything out.

The Welcome box in the top right corner of the screen also does not seem to remember my last visit. In the last 30mins it has told me i have visited anywhere from 1-2hrs ago.

Am presuming it is a setting on my end, but it is strange that it is only the Gen2 section doing it to me.

Comment

• Fro
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Nundah, QLD

Are you on a Windows PC or a Mac?
            2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• Alex86
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Here and there

Windows Vista, internet explorer.

Maybe I need to do some updates, I recently wiped this thing and started fresh.

Noticed the same symptoms earlier today in Bits n Pieces I think it was.

It appears as thought it just doesn't remember all of my last session or something like that. Other forum sections seem to update normally, but some don't and when I visit them the Welcome box reckons my last visit was different to what it said on the main page-
              ie: look at the main forum, last visit listed as an hour ago and says theres new topics in Gen2. I click and go into Gen2, and the box then says I was there 5 hours ago and different topics are "new". It is only when I refresh that it seems to come good, yet I still have to refresh some individual threads.

Am sure there is a way to sort it but until I do its got me frustrated!

Comment

• bakerboy
                "valued 3000+ member"
                • May 2008
                • Perth

its been covered before, what forum style you running? bottom left of the page choose vb classic blue and see if you have any dramas
                If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Fro
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • Nundah, QLD

Run updates, especially anything for Internet Explorer, also check security settings and make sure sites can leave cookies on your computer.
                  2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• Alex86
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Here and there

This is the first time I've experienced probs.

As far as I am aware, the security settings I have are the same as what they were before I wiped the computer.

Have just changed to classic blue and will see how that goes over the next few visits!
                    - edit, not sure it has worked. Gen2 and Bits n Pieces show up in the Silver Blue. I havn't checked every forum section but most are showing up in the classic blue...

Will hunt down more security settings later.

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Try the Classic Blue but log in and out using that skin. If that fails change your password, log in and out with Clasic Blue then change to Silver Blue and it should be ok.
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Alex86
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Here and there

No dice.

Takes several attempts to log in- i try, says "thanks for logging in" or whatever it is, and re-loads the page and the welcome box is the login box instead...

Ive dropped the security settings low and not getting a benefit either.

Messing with Norton, but it is nothing different to before I wiped the computer.

Need to be back on fast internet so that I can do the windows update stuff so will tough it out till then!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X