• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alastair
    • Jan 2016
    • Sydney & Canberra

alternator belt tensioner mount

Hi first time here. I recently changed my alternator belt, power steering belt & Air Con belt on my 99 Challenger PA.
    Unfortunately i didn't realise the tensioner pulleys were locked tight with their central bolt. When i tried to loosen the Power Steering tensioner pulley it cracked the cast aluminium block that its all connected to. This is the large bit of cast aluminium that sits between the cam belt covers and the accessory belts, the alternator also mounts to it.

Does anyone know what its called? i cant find it mentioned in the service manual i found online. Also does anyone know of any wreckers in Canberra or that can deliver to Canberra that have this part?

Many thanks in advance.

Alastair
  • 900canoes
    Valued Member
    • May 2008
    • FNQ

Chp 11B-4 item 14. - Accessory mount?
    Attached Files
    2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• Alastair
      • Jan 2016
      • Sydney & Canberra

Yep thats the part. Cheers.

I swung by mitsubishi belconnen on my way home today. They told me the part number is MD316438
      They estimate 3-4 weeks for delivery and it costs $855.53 inc GST.

Does anyone know any reliable wreckers in ACT?

Comment

• MyChallenge
        • Dec 2015
        • Sydney

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
        Yep thats the part. Cheers.

I swung by mitsubishi belconnen on my way home today. They told me the part number is MD316438
        They estimate 3-4 weeks for delivery and it costs $855.53 inc GST.

Does anyone know any reliable wreckers in ACT?
        I have had good success using AutoParts online, I usually get an answer pretty quickly & the best part is you don't have to sign up to use it.

ps: make sure you ask for a price plse including freight, otherwise you will just get "we can help" + a phone number.

Comment

• 900canoes
          Valued Member
          • May 2008
          • FNQ

We really do get ripped off in Australia. Also try googling some wreckers around the country.
          2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• Alastair
            • Jan 2016
            • Sydney & Canberra

Originally posted by 900canoes View Post
            We really do get ripped off in Australia. Also try googling some wreckers around the country.
            Yeah unfortunately my Googling showed me how much I'd be paying if I was in the USA...

Unfortunately they only deliver and process US orders

I'll check out the autoparts website, cheers for the suggestion

Comment

• Ol_Mate
              • Feb 2015
              • Melbourne

You can also try gumtree. Theirs a few wreckers and independant guys that will advertise on their and eBay. Even if you have to source it from interstate, it should only take about 3 days to post out.

Comment

• Alastair
                • Jan 2016
                • Sydney & Canberra

Yeah managed to track one down from http://www.all4wdspares.com in Sydney for $220+$33 shipping.

Just got some quotes to get my timing belt done as that is due and i'll get the mechanic to swap the brackets over then.

So far I've had Total Traction Services at Belconnen ACT quote me $1500 & Dyno Tune quote me $1300 for timing belt with hydraulic tensioner and water pump.

Comment

• MyChallenge
                  • Dec 2015
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                  So far I've had Total Traction Services at Belconnen ACT quote me $1500 & Dyno Tune quote me $1300 for timing belt with hydraulic tensioner and water pump.
                  I had my timing belt with hydraulic tensioner and water pump replaced just over 12mths ago, Total cost $1200 which also included 5lt coolant.

Parts: hydraulic tensioner $428.17, water pump $173.47, coolant $47.75.

I used Lube Mobile as it was more convenient for me, to have them come to my home and they matched the other quote I had, after I said they were too expensive.

The mechanic was very knowledgeable re my 2001 PA challenger and did a great job.

Just done a google and they are also in ACT.

Comment

• Alastair
                    • Jan 2016
                    • Sydney & Canberra

Just got a quote from Lube Mobile, $1355 discounted to $1234. Inc timing belt kit w/ hydraulic tensioner, water pump & coolant.

Best quote so far. Pity I already have it booked in at Dyno Tune. I always thought Lube Mobile were a lot more expensive. I'll make sure I get a quote from them in future before booking anywhere else. Cheers for the recommendation.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X