• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salty
    • Jul 2012
    • Mackay

MMCS wont function on the move

Hi All,
    I have bought a Platinum dec 2011 which has the MMCS and i cant set new addresses or POI on the Move. I have to stop and do this which is not very good when on the M1 and looking for nearest fuel. I can understand that the driver should not be doing this but the passenger should be able?
    I have read about a device that can be installed and have tried to contact these people numerous times and no response.
    Any ideas.
  • Ian Sharpe
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2000
    • Tasmania

I believe that is how it is meant to be, do yourself a favour & get rid of the MMCS from most reports its a dud anyway.
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• likatiger
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • WAMBERAL NSW

Salty,

Ian is correct, I can confirm that you can't use the nav system on the move, its a PITA however, we can't disagree with the intended safety logic.

I think it should have some kind of sensor in the passenger's seat that would enable it, but then again, if a passenger was there, the driver could still operate the system.

I can't help you with info on the device you mention, would be interested myself.
      Cheers
      Larry
      NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• Paj People 2009
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2009
        • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Yeah, that's how it is, unless you get one of Keith's (Ozhummer's) override cable. It enables you to change Ipos tracks, destinations, everything except play DVD's on the move. It also charges the Ipod. We're lucky, he actually came an fitted ours early in 2010.

It is great, only problem is, Keith seems to have gone AWOL and no one can contact him. So perhaps some other member has made a similar thing?

It is a great addition to have.

Cheers,
        Sally
        SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Charlie1403
          • Jun 2012
          • Glen Innes NSW

Go to www.resourceit.com.au/MMCS/Ordering for the adaptor unit
          Charlie 2012 NW Exceed

Comment

• daryn
            • Apr 2012
            • Newcastle

Originally posted by Charlie1403 View Post
            Why?

I know people that have been trying to contact him since November 2011 and still have had no reply from him.

Comment

• G Potter
              • Apr 2012
              • Colac

There is a product out of japan called a tv navi from beatsonic. It is meant to do the same thing as ozhummers but will also allow you to watch the dvd player on the go. After i fitted bullbar,winch,snorkle,dual battery, susspension lift, bush plates and a second set of rims and mud tyres my wife was not seeing the funny side anymore so this mod missed out, so i dont acttually know if it works or not.
              Any way there model number is TVK-38 for the 2010 onwards paj. Try www.beatsonic.co.jp/
              Hope this helps.
              Greg

Comment

• GrahameL
                • Mar 2012
                • Caboolture, Qld

Originally Posted by Charlie1403

Originally posted by daryn View Post
                Why?

I know people that have been trying to contact him since November 2011 and still have had no reply from him.
                I can second that - I have been trying to contact Keith (ozhummer) for months.

There is also chatter about this on http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=16695&page=7 Daryn and AP OZ have someone who can copy the unit - can anyone help them out?
                SOLD - 2012 NW Platinum in Graphite, Dueler A/T Tyres, Dual Battery, Custom sheepskin seat covers, Prodigy P2 brake controller, Lovell springs, Bilstein shocks, Poly airbags, TJM color coded bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3540 UHF, MMCS override cable, cargo blind, Bushskinz underbody protection,

Comment

• daryn
                  • Apr 2012
                  • Newcastle

Originally posted by G Potter View Post
                  There is a product out of japan called a tv navi from beatsonic. It is meant to do the same thing as ozhummers but will also allow you to watch the dvd player on the go. After i fitted bullbar,winch,snorkle,dual battery, susspension lift, bush plates and a second set of rims and mud tyres my wife was not seeing the funny side anymore so this mod missed out, so i dont acttually know if it works or not.
                  Any way there model number is TVK-38 for the 2010 onwards paj. Try www.beatsonic.co.jp/
                  Hope this helps.
                  Greg
                  Email sent to enquire

Comment

• Dug1
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Far South Coast NSW

I have the MMCS in my ASX and I think it's a bit harsh calling it a dud. I fitted one of Keith's overide kits over 18 months ago and don't have any problems. Sound with the Rockford Fosgate is pretty good.

The satnav works OK for me and has navigated me around Sydney on the odd trip there.

I must say though the Polaris units look pretty impressive particulalry if you do a lot of Off road and need Hema maps.

When my maps get seriously out of date I'll either find a pirate update or just go and buy a Tom Tom with more features and cheaper than a rip off MMA update.

Comment

• daryn
                      • Apr 2012
                      • Newcastle

Guys I am going to update what may have been posted in a few different threads, I will use this thread as I have a MY12 Paj.

Shrek 4 has posted this:

It leads to an audio forum where he started a thread and it seems that NorthField Moorooka Car Audio http://www.northfieldmoorooka.com.auhave successfully connected a different head unit to the fosgate amp and have all 12 speakers working fine.

They have obtained a Metra mito-02 which is the canbus adaptor to do the magic.

Drew from Northfield posted the following comment:
                      With this car we recommended the Eclipse AVN827GA for a number of reasons.
                      1. The factory reverse camera is powered by a 5 volt feed from the MMCS and the Eclipse unit has a 5 volt output to run the camera.
                      2. The factory steering wheel controls include a voice control button and the Eclipse unit is able to interface with it and retain voice control.

But any good quality unit will do the trick, you will just have to make up a 5 volt power supply if you want to run the factory camera.

I hope this helps.
                      Drew
                      This was done to a 2010 Paj Exceed.

and then he posted this:

The Eclipse unit does not have a dedicated rear seat entertainment (RSE) output for the rear screen. This Pajero didn't have the roof screen, so that feature wasn't required. The AVIC F40BT does have the RSE output, so maybe that unit would suit your car better.

The Mito-02 was reasonably "plug and play". The VSS, Reverse and Park Brake outputs did not function as stated, but these connections are easy to locate in your Pajero. A quality installer will have no trouble finding them. The camera will be your only hurdle. As I mentioned, the factory camera is powered via a 5V supply that comes from the factory Nav unit. Again, a quality installer will be able to build a 5V supply to run the camera.

The Mito-02 piece activated the Rockford amp and also has a gain to match the output of the new deck to the Rockford system and it also has an adjustable subwoofer level, again to match up the new deck with the factory sub.

The whole install took about an hour and a half to complete, including programming the radio stations etc. Also note that you will also need a steering wheel control interface depending on which Nav unit you decide on. If you get a Pioneer F40BT, I would suggest the PAC SWI-RC. This will give you telephone button operation from the steering wheel, but no voice control. Normally we would make the "Voice" button act as a mute for the Pioneer F40BT.

If you are interested, we can supply the whole kit with whichever Nav unit you decide on, and include a comprehensive wiring diagram to ensure that everything is wired correctly. Just shoot me a PM.

I hope this helps.
                      Drew
                      G Potter above has then also found this product which here is the link to it:

and the spiel is this:
                      TV controller "TVK" and Navigation controller "NVK" series.
                      These plug and play module kits allow override of the lock out system equipped in your factory TV or Navigation/DVD system when the vehicle is in motion.
                      The NVK kits are equipped with manual functionality button where the override of the navigation lock out may be enabled simply by pressing the button included in with the kit.
                      The TVK kits are also equipped with manual functionality switch where the override of the TV/DVD lockout may be enabled simply by toggling the switch to "TV"
                      I am thinking that the part number we need is this: PAJERO(DVD-MMCS) 2001/08-2006/10 TVK-09

I have sent an enquiry asking on price, availability, and correct part number for a 2012 which I am presuming will suit others.

I am pretty sure that Drew wont mind me quoting as I have direct links to the forum and I also expect he will get some further business. I am at least hoping that we have a thread with some current information than was previously had here.

Comment

• rifi1
                        • Jan 2008

cable ordered

Thank you for your inquiry.
                        The price of TVK-38 is 8,800JPY + shipping fee 1,500JPY(Japan post-EMS,
                        3-5days)
                        The TVK-38 should fit to your 2012 Australian Pajero.

Works out to be $130aud. Have ordered one should be here in a few days.

Comment

• alister
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Adelaide

rifi1, please let us know what you think of it when it arrives. I was about to order it but will wait for your report first. thanks.

Comment

• GrahameL
                            • Mar 2012
                            • Caboolture, Qld

Originally posted by rifi1 View Post
                            Thank you for your inquiry.
                            The price of TVK-38 is 8,800JPY + shipping fee 1,500JPY(Japan post-EMS,
                            3-5days)
                            The TVK-38 should fit to your 2012 Australian Pajero.

Works out to be $130aud. Have ordered one should be here in a few days.

I have also been in contact with the people in Japan regarding this cable. They advised
                            "TVK-38 will enable you to control iPod whilst your PAJERO is in motion only, frankly, it is not designed to control MMCS navigation unit."

"TVK-38, will be connect to MMCS navigation unit and control a bypass signal of MMCS. Its main function is enable you watch TV&DVD whist in motion.
                            You can see route map, but not be able to operate the Navigation while the car is in motion only.
                            "

Rifi1 - I will be waiting with baited breath the outcome of your install and your advice on what works and what doesn't.
                            Hope everything works, then I can order a cable too.

Grahame
                            SOLD - 2012 NW Platinum in Graphite, Dueler A/T Tyres, Dual Battery, Custom sheepskin seat covers, Prodigy P2 brake controller, Lovell springs, Bilstein shocks, Poly airbags, TJM color coded bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3540 UHF, MMCS override cable, cargo blind, Bushskinz underbody protection,

Comment

• KP3560
                              • Apr 2010
                              • Morgan SA

Cable

I will be ordering one as well if works for new Exceed ordered.
                              Delivery later this week I hope.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X