Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Where are people mounting their DCDC chargers with under bonnet dual battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zoiks
    • Apr 2016
    • Brisbane

Where are people mounting their DCDC chargers with under bonnet dual battery?

As the title says, where are they mounting them and how? DCDC chargers dont like heat so Im worried about putting them under the bonnet. So the next thought would be under/behind the glove box - however thats a lot of cable to route back through to the engine bay through the firewall.

So does anyone have photos of their setups?

I have seen some people suggest in behind the passenger headlight. Would it get sufficient air here? How did you mount them? Photos would be grand.
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Mine was professionally installed and it's located on a bracket behind the front grill, in front of the radiator but off to one side, so it gets plenty of air.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• zoiks
      • Apr 2016
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      Mine was professionally installed and it's located on a bracket behind the front grill, in front of the radiator but off to one side, so it gets plenty of air.
      Any photos at all?

Comment

• TC.Barky
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2011
        • Melbourne

Mines behind the dash on top of the transmission tunnel.
        MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
        Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by zoiks View Post
          Any photos at all?
          It's over on the passenger side
          Attached Files
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• zoiks
            • Apr 2016
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
            Mines behind the dash on top of the transmission tunnel.
            Did you mount it here yourself?
            Any dramas with the amount of wires you had to route?

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by zoiks View Post
              Did you mount it here yourself?
              Any dramas with the amount of wires you had to route?
              Nup OL did it. Been absolutely fine ever since. Prob wouldn't do it myself, they didn't charge much for it. Don't expect it would be toooo hard there's a grommet through the firewall on the passengers side which is where they ran it but I couldn't be bothered
              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• vk7hch
                • Oct 2013
                • Kingston Beach, Tasmania

As the Projecta IDC25 has IPX67 rating, I pretty much used the same spot, if that spot is under 1m of water for more than 30 mins, I have more problems than warm drinks!
                Attached Files
                2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X