• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisall
    • Sep 2016
    • WA

Coolant leak after flush & rad change

A month or so back I replaced the radiator which I suspected was partially blocked, along with the 2 rad hoses and thermostat just in case. All good except I struggled bleeding the air out afterwards and it was pressurising the hoses more than I thought it should.

I haven't used it much since then, but today I noticed the expansion tank level almost at min and a puddle of coolant on the floor. Everything I touched appears OK - it seems to be leaking from somewhere above the oil filter housing and dripping off one of the sump nuts on that side. The throttle body hoses and bypass hoses are dry, so not convinced it's at the top of the engine.

I did put in a coolant flush before doing the rad and also ran the hose through top and bottom hoses with the thermostat removed. Could I have dislodged the crud that was actually keeping it leak free? I'm thinking either water pump, o-rings on one of the steel coolant pipes, or worst case a core plug. The block looks wet under the exhaust manifold but I just can't see what else could leak on that side.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Cheers,
    2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.
  • chrisall
    • Sep 2016
    • WA

It was the waterpump. Oh well, was planning on doing the cambelt anyway:

2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X