• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ra33er
    • Aug 2013
    • lowood

teewah beach/raibow beach

hi just putting this up if anyone is going up the coast or down in qld and wants to camp right on the beach very nice place we just got back from there about a week ago and 2 days turned into 4 u go through tewantin north from noosa

if anyone goes there i hope u enjoy urself permits are requied but well worth it

a few shots from camping at the beach for those who were there.

if water was vodka and i was a duck id swim to the bottom and never come up...........................but water is not vodka and im not a duck so pass me a bottle and shut the phuk up
  • smej
    • Nov 2012
    • Sydney

Great vid
    MY12 Plat II diesel auto, factory rear locker, tow pack, spare wheel lift, MMCS override, Tunelink audio steaming & too many plans and not enough $

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Enjoyed the video. Haven't been up there in over 30 years. There used to be the wreck of a ship called the "Cherry Venture", or something like that. Probably all rusted away by now.

Cheers

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• ra33er
        • Aug 2013
        • lowood

it wasnt my video just thought id get one off u-tube to add to the post but will be going back up there in about a month or 2 as the new addition to the family is due in 3 weeks so once i get up there i will be taking photo,s and video of the whole area and will be postin in on here untill then will be twidling my thumbs waiting

i have seen the ship on websites but never really got a chance to drive around but the whole stretch will be exsplored next trip
        if water was vodka and i was a duck id swim to the bottom and never come up...........................but water is not vodka and im not a duck so pass me a bottle and shut the phuk up

Comment

• Pajenaro
          • Oct 2007
          • Albany Creek

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
          Enjoyed the video. Haven't been up there in over 30 years. There used to be the wreck of a ship called the "Cherry Venture", or something like that. Probably all rusted away by now.

Cheers

Geoff
          Just a sign marks the spot now-a-days.
          They removed the wreck a few years ago.
          1998 NL GLX 2.8TD, Man

Comment

• jcd
            • Jan 2008
            • Gold Coast

I was up there a couple of weekends ago and the only downside is that there was a fire ban, so no camp fires on the beach but other than that the beach was nice and easy to drive on with all the rocks near the Teewah end being covered by sand again.

Bye Jeff.
            NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

• brispaj
              • Nov 2012
              • Brisbane

Just got back from camping on Teewah for 4 days. First time driving on the beach and I towed the camper. Very easy drive. Did a trip to Rainbow oneday via Leisha Track.

Cant wait to get back there.

Only downfalls was the amount of dead and nearly dead birds washed up on the beach, and no fires

Comment

• mmannion
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by brispaj View Post
                Just got back from camping on Teewah for 4 days. First time driving on the beach and I towed the camper. Very easy drive. Did a trip to Rainbow oneday via Leisha Track.

Only downfalls was the amount of dead and nearly dead birds washed up on the beach, and no fires
                The dead mutton birds were on Fraser as well. Happens in October when they migrate from Russia apparently. Never seen so many in previous years though.
                02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• georgec
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Atherton

Originally posted by brispaj View Post

I just did the same last weekend and just can't get all the salt and sand out, washed three times now and sand still pours out and washed the engine bay as well. Went to fit a diff guard today and they can't take the plate out due to rusty mount point. Any ideas on what to d? Have booked at mm dealer for Monday but wondering if I can do some thing without damaging the car...

Comment

• bilgeboy
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2011
                    • melbourne

Cherry venture circa 1974
                    The hair and the fashion give it all away........
                    Attached Files
                    2008 VRX 25TH anniversary with lots of extras
                    GONE! 1997 NK Pajero turbo diesel GLX 31" Maxxis bighorns/2'Lift/ARB Winchbar/ warn x9000/ IPF 900 Spots/GME UHF and a Jesus bar.

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Cherry Venture in 2005:

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• GHendo
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Northern NSW

God, what a mess. I was up there in 1975 and again about 1977. My memories are like the photos Bilgeboy posted.

By the way, there used to be a quick sand hole alone the beach up there. Is it still there? Not long before we were up there someone was killed as they were riding on the bonnet of a vehicle that went into the hole at speed.

Geoff
                        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• brispaj
                          • Nov 2012
                          • Brisbane

the early pics look aswesome, would have loved to have seen it. thing is my parents had only just met then and I wasn't around for 11 years after

Comment

• Lando
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2013
                            • Lake Maquarie NSW

We spent 6 weeks there every year in the school hols..from when I was ten to about 18...loved it!! Used to climb all over the cherry venture....first trip we went there we climbed up to the bridge and all....looking back it seemed a bit risky..but eh..the things you do when youre kids ay lol

Yeah the quicksand hole was on the rainbow beach side....about five mins from the dam on the north side of double island if I remember right?

Gotta go back again there soon...they were some of the best memories I have of being a kid
                            MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• GHendo
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • Northern NSW

Have been having a bit of clean out of my office and came across a heap of old negatives and slides. This one was taken in February 1975 before I had my first 4WD - we went on a tour up the beach and as you can see the bloke conducting the tour used a Combi van. Don't remember him ever looking like getting bogged.

The Cherry Venture was an impressive sight sitting on the beach. I remember the tour guide saying there was a caretaker on the ship - would have been a bit of a boring life I should imagine.

Cheers

Geoff

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X