• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by PT75 View Post
    No OJ , unfortunately it’s not. I mentioned to them , what you suggested it was and asked if they could check it but as mentioned it was immediately ruled out. When I can, I’ll take the car to an independent diesel mechanic.
    DDDJ also suspects it is the fuel filter bowl or the hand primer pump leaking air,the hand primer pump should go hard after 5 to 10 pumps on a cold rested engine. The fact that your hand primer pump does not pump up hard after hundreds of pumps, screams "this is the problem" to us.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• PT75
      • Sep 2017
      • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
      DDDJ also suspects it is the fuel filter bowl or the hand primer pump leaking air,the hand primer pump should go hard after 5 to 10 pumps on a cold rested engine. The fact that your hand primer pump does not pump up hard after hundreds of pumps, screams "this is the problem" to us.

OJ.
      OJ, I’m not doubting you or DDDJ. I’m not very familiar with diesels hence why I joined this forum.
      I had that diamond tech sit in the car. He literally said there is nothing wrong with the car, even without no diagnosis. Like I said, I mentioned what You suggested. “No” was the response. He went on to say that each fuel system is different and that mine has a pressure relief valve of some sort.
      He looked under the bonnet and said that air intake is vibrating against the fan shroud. So I looked at him and said, “and that’s causing the issue”? He looked at me again said no, and walked off. Then I turned to the service manager and told him I don’t appreciate being spoken to like shit.
      I wish i had just grabbed my keys and driven off.

Comment

• Kingbrown
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by old Jack View Post

OJ.
        On my Challenger after sitting overnight, it requires only four pumps of the fuel primer before it goes hard. It's rock hard at five pumps.
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

From the Genuine Mitsubishi Workshop Manual.See point 4.

The service procedure is the same as the vehicles with 4M4 engine (Refer to GROUP 13A - On-vehicle Service, Evacuation of Air from Fuel Line ).
          <VEHICLES FOR AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND>

When the following service work(s) is done, refill the fuel tank and then evacuate air from the fuel line.

Fuel hose or pipe is removed
          Fuel filter cartridge is replaced
          Injection nozzle is removed
          If necessary for access, fuel is drained from the fuel tank.

1.Loosen the air plug at the top of the fuel filter.
          2.Pump the hand pump until there are no more bubbles in the fuel coming out of the air plug to prevent the escaping fuel from spraying out.
          3.Tighten the air plug when there are no more bubbles in the fuel. Tighten the air plug to the specified torque.
          Tightening torque: 5.0 ± 1.0 N·m
          4.Continue pumping until the hand pump becomes stiff.
          5.Finally, check to be sure that there is no leakage of fuel.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X