• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Traveller43
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Perth, WA

Auxiliary fuel and water tanks co-located

I was reading a 4WD mag in a store on the weekend and read about someone offering a combined fuel/water auxiliary tank allowing extra fuel and water to be carried. (No doubt it is two tanks joined so they can be mounted in the same location)

Has anyone else heard of them? I only flicked past the ad and don't remember the manufacturer/supplier.

If I could get 30 to 40 litres of diesel and the same of water using the rear seat well spot I would be a very happy Paj owner.
    Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket
  • achjimmy
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by Traveller43 View Post
    I was reading a 4WD mag in a store on the weekend and read about someone offering a combined fuel/water auxiliary tank allowing extra fuel and water to be carried. (No doubt it is two tanks joined so they can be mounted in the same location)

Has anyone else heard of them? I only flicked past the ad and don't remember the manufacturer/supplier.

If I could get 30 to 40 litres of diesel and the same of water using the rear seat well spot I would be a very happy Paj owner.
    Yep Long Range Automotive do them but not for the Pajero to my knowledge as they would not be big enough on the Pajero 35l fuel/ 35l water. As discussed a zillion times on here good luck putting fuel in the rear seat well. The Paj setup is perfect IMO 58-80 litres fuel in Aux outside and 70-90 litre water in the rear seat well.
    Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
    MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
    99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Traveller43
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2011
      • Perth, WA

Thanks Jim

I wasn't meaning put the tank in the seat well. I have heard of aux fuel tanks that remove the seat well and use the freed up space to position the new tank. The floor of the pajero is closed over so there are no issues about smell in the vehicle or having to fill a tank from inside the car.

However your suggestion of an external fuel and internal water has appeal as well.
      Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket

Comment

• achjimmy
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2009
        • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by Traveller43 View Post
        Thanks Jim

I wasn't meaning put the tank in the seat well. I have heard of aux fuel tanks that remove the seat well and use the freed up space to position the new tank. The floor of the pajero is closed over so there are no issues about smell in the vehicle or having to fill a tank from inside the car.

However your suggestion of an external fuel and internal water has appeal as well.
        I have never seen a fuel tank that goes in the seat well. would be possiable but you would need to either bring the filler though the double layed bulk head and round and under it. then theres the issue of weight in that area? no different to water though.
        Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
        MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
        99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X