• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scouter1
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Sydney NSW

Latest Pajero NX review in Drive

Spotted this review in Drive this morning - https://m.drive.com.au/review/2020-m...ampaign=tile-1

Cheers,
    Stephen
    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Seems like a fair review. What I like about my Paj is that it works and is totally reliable and that counts for a lot over any extra bells or whistles.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

I noticed the comment about the turning circle making it "cumbersome" in tight quarters. Perhaps modern 4wds have come a long way since this Pajero was released, but my NT has a much better turning circle than Shorty.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

I noticed that too and I reckon the turning circle of the Paj is brilliant. Better than any of the dual cab utes we had with us on the last trip and better than the Prado. That comment had me a bit befuddled.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
          I noticed that too and I reckon the turning circle of the Paj is brilliant. Better than any of the dual cab utes we had with us on the last trip and better than the Prado. That comment had me a bit befuddled.
          I third this, it is about the only comment I was truly puzzled by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
            • Aug 2012
            • Brisbane, Southside

Having driven my son’s Isuzu MUX I can add that the MUX has a terrible turning circle.

I mean noticeably bad when you first get into it. And the other thing I didn’t like was that it’s not AWD, only 4WD on dirt. I always liked the tight turning circl on my NT Paj, and the Paj Sport is similarly easy to get into those tight spots.
            Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
            Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• bennyb29
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2015
              • Brisbane

Completely agree.

There is a particular U Turn I have to take to get into my previous workplace, which truly shows how different cars react to the same conditions. I used to drive a mate's Camry 2003 to work and I literally had to swing wide to make sure I completed the turn in one go. With the Pajero, it was a lot easier. My friend with his Navara also had to take a slightly larger turn to get through in one attempt.
              Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

Current model turning circles for reference.

Pajero 11.4 metres
                Prado 11.6 metres.
                MUX 11.6 metres
                Hilux 12.4 metres
                Colorado 12.7 metres
                Ranger 12.7 metres
                Discovery 11.8 metres
                Grand cherokee 11.6 metres.
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• dreamerman
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • Sydney

Second that!
                  03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X