Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

remove all the trim for the centre consol and MMCS surround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigbaddave12
    • Jul 2012
    • South East S.A.

remove all the trim for the centre consol and MMCS surround?

Any diagrams of how to remove all the trim for the centre consol and MMCS surround?
    Thanks In anticipation.

PajNT has them and will put them up here sometime. Thanks PajNT.

Dave
    Last edited by Bigbaddave12; 20-09-12, 09:36 PM.
    bigbaddave12.
    NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!
  • Morville
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2008
    • Buxton Vic

Have a look back, I think in the 4-1 section, someone has posted the instructions for the installation of an electric brake controller which has details of removing the trim on the dash. There are also instructions somewhere else on the centre console removal. Do a search it is all there somewhere.
    Peter

Comment

• JoshF
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Brisbane

If you gently remove the two aircon outlets you should see the the surrounds on the dash for the MMCS. I don't have such a fancy version but it was how I installed the aftermarket iplod connector to the back of the sound system in the NS.

The aircon vents have 3 clips from memory 1 top and 2 bottom and offer some resistence to being removed but came out without issue, just be gentle
      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• PajNT
        • Apr 2010

Hi Dave,

Here they are, hope this works.

Cheers
        Victor
        Attached Files

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
          • Jul 2012
          • South East S.A.

Thank you

Fantastic' Thanks for the diagrams. The warning in "dash1.pdf" was good as that was where I was going to start the process. BUT NOT NOW!.
          Thank You. PajNT
          bigbaddave12.
          NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

• PajNT
            • Apr 2010

Hi Dave,

Forgot this one.

Victor
            Attached Files

Comment

• Fubar447
              • Dec 2012
              • BRISBANE

WTF Helppppppppp

Im trying and yes it is very hard to try and remove the card holder which happens to be the DIN size for my new UHF in the dash of my NT Pajero I have printed and read every thing here and the info is great. However I can remove 95% of the centre console but I cant seem to remove the outer peice that surounds the transmission tunnel and goes under the cig lighter can someone please help before I spend $$$$$ on going to MMA for help (yes i was able to unclip the side panels and the two screws that hold the panels on as well as the screws under the cup holders. The surround is loose but stuck fast) Can someone please help

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
                • Jul 2012
                • South East S.A.

this gets you half way.

This is not from the book but it’s how I did it.
                Pull the cup holder straight up. Only held in with clips.
                Undo screws that can be seen
                Then I think I moved the center console glove box back (some screws.) I'm not sure if you really need to do this.
                The silver plastic center piece is just held with two screws and clips. The trick is you have to unscrew the 4wd selector and remove the auto selector.
                To remove the auto selector you have to pull the squareish silver thing below the leather handle down to reveals two small screws. from the passengers side. Undo the screws and it lifts off. The 4wd selector just unscrews like a gear knob.
                Then the silver center console cover lifts off. That’s where my deconstruction finished. Would like some advice on the rest. Hope this helps.
                Dave.
                bigbaddave12.

Comment

• Fubar447
                  • Dec 2012
                  • BRISBANE

How to remove small storage compartment and useless card thingy

Well i finally gave in and took my NT to TJM Brendale where their workshop manager after about 15 minutes had that useless part removed and had begun fitting my new GME TX 4500 which does fit and looks great (the unit is DIN size but is short and fits great). OK now for some tips

1. This is not for the faint hearted as the dash is basicly held in by clips so if you are not gentle it could get expensive.

2. The centre console does not have to be removed!!!!!

3. The climate control unit, the bottem half of the glove box and steering surround does have to be unclipped so you can access two screws that hold the panel on and then there are two other screws that hold the card thingy in. The door rubbers also have to go. Also the screws that hold the cover panels on the trany tunnel.

4. The UHF is held in place by a DIN slider and DIN outer plate which allows you to to remove to small screws from the front to allow access to the rear of the unit with ease.

5. The cost of the install was $140 however I saved that on buying the anttena and radio on ebay

Enjoy

Comment

• Pajero1947
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Boronia

Originally posted by PajNT View Post
                    Hi Dave,

Here they are, hope this works.

Cheers
                    Victor

Hi Victor, thanks for the great diagrams. Presume you have taken out your MMCS hence the pictures, is it possible for you to describe, simply, where to start and which way is best to pull each part out without breaking clips.

Thanks for your input.

Jim
                    2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

• chow
                      • Feb 2012
                      • Port Hedland WA

NT dash remove

Great information Victor,

I will definately be saving these diagrams in my favourites list!

regards chow
                      Pajero NT 2010, R diff-lock, 60 lt long range fuel tank, Bushskinz Sliders & 3 guards, Smart Bar, Warn winch, 2 inch lift-HD Lovell springs and Bilsteins shocks, BFG T/A KO LT275-70/17

Comment

• PajNT
                        • Apr 2010

Hi Jim,

Start from the two top vents, they pretty much pull straight out with a little force, if you look at the diagrams you will see where not to pull from. Once they are out you will see where the side clips are connected for the radio surround, I just pulled at them starting at the middle and it comes away fairly easy, you will have to disconnect the plug at the back of top of the centre information display unit. You then pry or pull out the air con control panel. You don't have to disconnect it, just rest it down on some rags or something so as not to scratch anything. From memory it's then 4 screws and the mmcs unit is out. If you have trouble pulling parts off then use the back of a teaspoon or some trim removal tools. After you have done it once, it takes about 5 minutes to do.

Cheers
                        Victor

Comment

• Pajero1947
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Boronia

Thanks Victor.

Regards,

Jim
                          2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

• Morville
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • Buxton Vic

It is difficult to get some panels out without breaking a few clips, some are stuck tight in their hole and break. I put some vaseline on them when reinstalling so they come out easier if needed in the future. MM sell the clips as parts (in packs of 10 I think), take the piece they clip onto so they can compare it on their computer to get you the right clips.
                            Peter

Comment

• Maximage
                              • Mar 2013
                              • Darch, Perth, WA

OK, so given it is a 1 din unit, has anyone managed to find a tray or something that fits into the slot instead of the useless stuff thats in there now? I mean, theres not even a tray or drawer or somewhere convenient to hold loose change for parking.
                              SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X