• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DINKY
    • May 2016
    • Traralgon Vic.

Outside Air Temp Guage

My MY16 NX GLS outside air temp continually shows 3 - 4 deg higher than actual air temp. Can this be adjusted by MMA? Called dealer to have it adjusted when they adjust the rear door to stop squeaking and fit pass air bag for the recall. Service desk told me it cant be adjusted.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

At 22C the resistance of the sensor should be 2kOhms so if it is not to spec then you could ask for a warranty replacement or since your OAT is over reading you could correct the error if you place a resistors in series to make up the resistance to 2kOhm. If the resistance is already 2kOhms then best guess would be a 0.25kOhm resistor.

Attached is the resistance to temperature graph for a NW so I expect the NX would be the same.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by DINKY View Post
      My MY16 NX GLS outside air temp continually shows 3 - 4 deg higher than actual air temp.
      Based on what?

This time of year, parked in the sun, the car is going to "heat soak", so any sensor anywhere inside the body shell will read higher than ambient for a long time.

Do you have an OBD reader of some kind? Park the car overnight somewhere that it won't be hit by morning sun. First thing in the morning, fire up the ignition, but not the engine. Compare intake air, engine coolant, transmission and outside air temps - that would be your best indication of the accuracy of the sensor.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Morville
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2008
        • Buxton Vic

The sensor that reads OAT on the NW is in front of the radiator in the centre. Has it fallen from its bracket or been moved?
        I had an extra tranny cooler fitted to mine and the idiots left the sensor behind the new cooler which affected the oat reading display, like reading 20 deg when it was frosty outside. Rather than take it back to them to rectify, I made a new bracket for the sensor in front of the cooler. All good.
        This sensor also is used for the climate control to read outside temperature, so if the sensor is reading incorrectly your climate control will not function correctly.
        Peter

Comment

• DINKY
          • May 2016
          • Traralgon Vic.

Thanks old Jack for the technical details I now have something to put to the service staff.

nj swb. Mate I drive daily past local airport which the BOM use for their data for this region. This trip takes about 10 min so it should be reading only the OAT and nothing to do with engine heat etc. I take no notice of it when vehicle is standing still.

Morville it has been doing it since brand new and day one, forgot to mention at 15k service. Yeah I recon you are correct about the supposed climate control; the A/C is on all the time even when I know OAT is only 10deg or less.

Thanks for the replies guys

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

Dinky:
            Yeah I recon you are correct about the supposed climate control; the A/C is on all the time even when I know OAT is only 10deg or less.

Not 100% sure about your NX, but my NW has the option of turning the A/C off simply by pushing the centre of the fan speed button. The A/C light in the button then goes out. I tihnk your car would be the same.

Comment

• DINKY
              • May 2016
              • Traralgon Vic.

Erad. Correct when the climate freezes me go the manual mode.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• psproule
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by DINKY View Post
                Erad. Correct when the climate freezes me go the manual mode.

Slight hijack but im disapointed at how poorly the NX climate control tracks cabin temp in auto mode. My 06 alfa is streets ahead and thats saying something!

Pat
                2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Radios
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Qld

Gotta to agree about the air conditioning. It is the worst model I have had for A/C and worse than other cars I drive. Maybe a sensor problem? I think the sensor is located somewhere near the left foot well. After a good long haul towing and then stopping for a cupa the cab is freezing cold even when turned up to 26 when we take off. I think there is heat soak into that area after stopping. Does anybody know where the sensor is so I can relocate it to try and cure this problem? Sorry for hijacking this thread
                  2014 MY15 Warm White NX Exceed 3.2 DID Auto, Genuine Towbar, CB

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Radios View Post
                    Gotta to agree about the air conditioning. It is the worst model I have had for A/C and worse than other cars I drive. Maybe a sensor problem? I think the sensor is located somewhere near the left foot well. After a good long haul towing and then stopping for a cupa the cab is freezing cold even when turned up to 26 when we take off. I think there is heat soak into that area after stopping. Does anybody know where the sensor is so I can relocate it to try and cure this problem? Sorry for hijacking this thread
                    Item 4 in the attached diagram.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Sydney

I have to agree with the generalised comments regarding the performance of the climate control. As OJ posted in the diagram, the sensor is not exposed to stagnant air but rather cabin air is vacuumed past the sensor. Perhaps the tube has been crushed or the vacuum has otherwise been affected?
                      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• DINKY
                        • May 2016
                        • Traralgon Vic.

Finally convinced mm tech sensor was faulty told him how to check. New one fitted prob solved. Thanks old jack for your tech advice. Now for the new rear door bracket to be fitted to stop the torturous squeaking

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X