• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Any school teachers here?

Bobbi has written a book and is hoping to have it available in high schools.

It isn't a text book, more a self help. She does have quotes from other authors that are acknowledged but not referenced.

Would the Education Department require them to be referenced?
  • Hill
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Adelaide

Bruce,

If it's a quote it needs a reference to original author. at times permission to use is also required. When intellectual property has not been acknowledged it often lead to difficulties.

Not a teacher in NSW but have had the experience of having my original work presented by others as their ideas.

Reference with permission and you won't have any difficulties. It may incur a cost however.

Hill
    200 Series
    AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

In the realm of academia, it doesn't even need to be a direct quote; if you are using somebody else's published idea, no matter how much you have paraphrased it, it should be acknowledged.

The requirement for permission become more complicated, entering the realm of copyright. I believe that, technically, you can reproduce up to 10% of a copyright work without permission, but better to obtain permission if you can, particularly for a commercial product that you intend to sell.

Better safe than sorry!
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Thank you for your replies.

Maybe I didn't explain it sufficiently. In the body of the book all direct quotes are acknowledged. There are no reference pages at the end of the book.

EG: "it was found 37% of women questioned........" Lister Wilson et al.

some research suggests ".................." William Rodgers.

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Weron
          Can anybody tell me about more sites like (redacted)? I`ve checked them out and it turned out that they can do student papers really well but I need someone else to do my another paper at the same time, so if you can advise me something, I`ll be glad, thanks
          If that's not spam and you are a student, this may be blunt but do yourself and everyone else a favour. Put in the work and do the essay(s) yourself.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by craka View Post
            If that's not spam and you are a student, this may be blunt but do yourself and everyone else a favour. Put in the work and do the essay(s) yourself.
            Location said Sydney, IP address said Russia, I said spam.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
              Location said Sydney, IP address said Russia, I said spam.

\I,ve just logged in using a VPN acct. Can you tell me what country I am supposedly communicating from?
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                \I,ve just logged in using a VPN acct. Can you tell me what country I am supposedly communicating from?
                Your IP is connected to a .com address for a VPN service provider, reported as being in Japan. The company also advertises a server in Sydney.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                  Your IP is connected to a .com address for a VPN service provider, reported as being in Japan. The company also advertises a server in Sydney.

cHEERS MATE. yES...THE SERVER IS BASED IN jAPAN. nICE TO KNOW ITS WORKING. tHANKS AGAIN.
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Lazarus
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Dicko you can go here: https://whatismyipaddress.com and check your IP and its location any time you wish.
                    Last edited by Lazarus; 14-01-19, 01:41 PM.
                    NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X