• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

Small update post flash-tune; took the Pajero towing the ski boat from Queanbeyan to Blowering Dam (near Tumut) for the weekend, 5 up & loaded to the gills with camping gear, ski gear and food. This was including having the roof racks on which typically adds 1L/100km. I'd estimate about 5 tonnes all up between the boat and car. It's definitely a different vehicle to tow with and it just powers up hills in 4th with the torque converter seeming to stay locked a lot longer than before. Since I know some of you will be interested it showed an average of 15.5L/100km charging up the mountains and 13.7 cruising along the Hume. I dont know if that's good or bad in towing comparisons but I don't really care - it no longer feels like you are continually wringing its neck towing a load.

Cheers - Pat
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Techedz
      • Aug 2019
      • South Canberra

Interesting discussion. I'm going to get mine done after I clean the manifold and fit a 3" exhaust. I want to compare improvements as I go.

When I talked to Cooma diesel about ECU re-mapping in Fyshwick in Canberra a while ago they said under no circumstances get your Pajero diesel remapped if you value your engine and transmission? But then they said fit a modchip instead? I think I'd trust a professional dynotune / remap over a modchip any day from everything I've read!
      NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• bobcharl
        • Dec 2017
        • NSW

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        Before fitting a chip or doing an ECU tune, and if you have a auto trans, then I would highly recommend fitting either a Lockup Mate or Auto Mate from MM4x4.
        You will be surprised at hour much extra power is lost in torque convertor slip.
        It will also save fuel, result in lower ATF, AIT and engine coolant temps!

OJ.
        Old Jack,
        can you tell me more about MM 4 x4 Auto Mate. Assume it locks out the torque converter, but does it do it in all gears, any effect on warranty, approximate cost etc?
        Bob

Comment

• m_and_m
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010
          • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by bobcharl View Post
          Old Jack,
          can you tell me more about MM 4 x4 Auto Mate. Assume it locks out the torque converter, but does it do it in all gears, any effect on warranty, approximate cost etc?
          Bob
          Hi Bob - I can answer this as the developer of auto-mate.

The web-site will provided most answers. mm4x4.com.au
          FAQ here
          There's also a video explaining it in operation and demonstrating it's effectiveness - video.

Cheers, Marshall
          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
          2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
          Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• AndrewRe
            • Nov 2019
            • Mudgeeraba, Qld

Originally posted by Edzhere View Post
            Interesting discussion. I'm going to get mine done after I clean the manifold and fit a 3" exhaust. I want to compare improvements as I go.

When I talked to Cooma diesel about ECU re-mapping in Fyshwick in Canberra a while ago they said under no circumstances get your Pajero diesel remapped if you value your engine and transmission? But then they said fit a modchip instead? I think I'd trust a professional dynotune / remap over a modchip any day from everything I've read!
            Just had my Nt remapped yesterday.
            Bought it 4 weeks ago and have relocated intercooler and installed upgrade from HPD, cleaned manifold/intakes, catch can plus other necessary mods, new fuel pre filter, safari snorkel. Was already happy with improvements, before tune but...
            Took it to Diesel Performance Tune on Gold Coast yesterday and wow.
            Unfortunately, no base performance available as had already done the above prior. Hp from 149 to 192 and Torque from 336 to 406nm.
            I know numbers are meaningless till you know how it drives, and traffic was tight so havent really had a chance. When I did, it seems to accellerate like a petrol. My son (who drives a zd30 patrol) was cursing that soo much delivery was there. He had a drive and said he would need a 40k transplant to get that.[emoji2959]
            Anyway, it is all for towing so will order an Automate asap. Looking forward to seeing how it tows.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
            HPD Front Mount Intercooler Upgrade, PPD 3" Exhaust, 3.5" Safari Snorkel, XRox Bullbar, 2"lift using 300KG upgrade King Springs and ToughDog Shocks, Automate,

Comment

• _jp_
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2013
              • Adelaide Hills, SA

Originally posted by AndrewRe View Post
              Bought it 4 weeks ago and have relocated intercooler
              Are you able to provide more details/photos about this? Cheers.
              NW GLXR - SOLD
              --------------
              EVO 6 TME

Comment

• AndrewRe
                • Nov 2019
                • Mudgeeraba, Qld

Yeah sure, at work atm so will reply tonight where I have pics etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                HPD Front Mount Intercooler Upgrade, PPD 3" Exhaust, 3.5" Safari Snorkel, XRox Bullbar, 2"lift using 300KG upgrade King Springs and ToughDog Shocks, Automate,

Comment

• AndrewRe
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Mudgeeraba, Qld

Remap

Hi again, As requested, here is a quick pic of my before and after Dyno Runs.
                  I forgot to mention that I put a 3" PPD exhaust on it too.
                  I don't have a pic hosting acc so PM me your email address and I will send you the After mods pre and post tune dyno runs

Comment

• AndrewRe
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Mudgeeraba, Qld

Remap

Hi again, As requested,I wanted to post my before and after runs
                    I forgot to mention that I put a 3" PPD exhaust on it too.
                    I don't have a pic hosting acc so PM me your email address and I will send you the After mods pre and post tune dyno runs
                    Just found this online, posted by the tuner

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X