• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ant_schomacker
    • Feb 2017
    • Coen (Cape York)

Nx remap

Hi guys,

Anyone able to recommend somewhere in either Brisbane or Cairns to have my ecu remapped?

Not looking for huge power, but something to make towing a little nicer / easier would be great!
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by ant_schomacker View Post
    Hi guys,

Anyone able to recommend somewhere in either Brisbane or Cairns to have my ecu remapped?

Not looking for huge power, but something to make towing a little nicer / easier would be great!

I am considering my NW for a remap here in Cairns. Bloke I know runs Cairns Diesel Services and does remaps. I was quoted $1250 a few months ago but am awaiting my warranty to run out (5 months).

Cairns Diesel Service have over 60 years experience and offer service solutions for Diesel Vehicles and Agricultural Machinery. Their services include ECU remapping, Diesel Fuel Injector & Pump Testing and Repairs, Turbocharger Sales and Repairs, Custom Dyno Tuning, General Vehicle Mechanics, Performance Modules and more. CDS is the only approved Bosch Certified Workshop in Cairns and FNQ. They offer an Australian National Warranty on all work and products. If you want the best call CDS.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• NT11Pajero
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

I went with these guys in Geebung (15 mins north of Brisbane) for my NT: https://ultimatedieseltuning.com.au

It's $1500, which isn't cheap, but power went from 106awkw to 135awkw so I'm pretty happy. Boost comes on heaps sooner than stock.
      Pajero 2011 NT GLS DID Auto. 3" 304 stainless exhaust, dyno tuned (135awkw), EGR block, EGR cooler removed, provent catch can, custom intercooler

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

For what its worth, I'm not sure I would risk messing up the factory's good work unless really needed. Having just driven 2,000kms in a brand new gutless 2.8 Prado in FNQ, the NX is a powerhouse by comparison - long live the Paj. Just my opinion.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Pixie_au
          • Apr 2019
          • Queensland

Originally posted by ant_schomacker View Post
          Hi guys,

You could give Michael at On And Off Road Mechanical a call. He's a top diesel mechanic and last time I was there they mentioned they had someone they could recommend. I just can't remember who it was.

Comment

• DINKY
            • May 2016
            • Traralgon Vic.

DP CHIP Alternative

Ant, I have had a DP chip fitted to my pre DPF NX GLS for the past 2 1/2 years. Very noticeable increase in power and torque. I tow a 2.8T van and it made a difference. Trimmed 1.5 seconds of a 0-100kph run. Bit better fuel economy all round. Takes 5 min to fit and remove if needed. Around $1300 at times on special from Berrima Diesel. No issues at all, 20,000ks of towing. No affiliation to DP CHIP at all, I recommend a good product when I can. I have just bought a 200 series so took the chip off the Paj and fitted it to the cruiser, forgot how big a difference it made to the Paj. Around $300 to have it remapped by Berrima diesel and again has made a noticeable difference. So a product you can use on different vehicles for minor cost or a re-map that cant be transferred. Anyway mate hope this gives you food for thought, Al.

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Before fitting a chip or doing an ECU tune, and if you have a auto trans, then I would highly recommend fitting either a Lockup Mate or Auto Mate from MM4x4.
              You will be surprised at hour much extra power is lost in torque convertor slip.
              It will also save fuel, result in lower ATF, AIT and engine coolant temps!

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Rama1955
                • Feb 2016
                • Sydney

For anyone in Sydney, I have been looking at Diesel Tuning Australia's website. They are at Mascot and for $1495 do a full diagnostic dyno check before doing the re-map, following the re-map, another dyno run to make sure it all works. The price also includes a software (I think??) EGR delete, worth $300 on its own. Not sure if anyone here has heard/used them.

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Rama1955 View Post
                  For anyone in Sydney, I have been looking at Diesel Tuning Australia's website. They are at Mascot and for $1495 do a full diagnostic dyno check before doing the re-map, following the re-map, another dyno run to make sure it all works. The price also includes a software (I think??) EGR delete, worth $300 on its own. Not sure if anyone here has heard/used them.

Similar deal with Roo Systems...egr delete included. About $1300..
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Paj11
                    • Jun 2017
                    • Sydney

I have them a call prior to going TME Springwood, he spent a lot of time on time with me on the phone, but I went with TME as it was a little more convenient and he owned a Paj and was very happy with them, I would recommend TME through my own experience, but know DTA are also very good.
                    2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• psproule
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Googong, NSW

Ill tell you on thursday. Mine goes in this week. 5 star reviews all round on google for customer service.

Pat
                      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• hussrum
                        • Aug 2013
                        • brisbane

East coast customs in northgate do all the ecu & pratically all you want to do. they have worked on my paj & have found them good.

Comment

• hussrum
                          • Aug 2013
                          • brisbane

Try East coast customs Northgate brisbane they do upgrades remaps ect. have work on my paj with no probs.

Comment

• psproule
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Googong, NSW

So, Remap done at Diesel Tuning Australia in Mascot (Sydney) today. Results in the attached PDF. $1,495 including (in theory) disabling the EGR.

What do I think? - Picked it up and drove it straight to Canberra and I'm highly impressed. Put simply it has transformed the car (will be interesting to see how it tows). Pedal / turbo lag is still there but reduced. However when it spools up it just lifts it's skirts and goes. Guestimate 2 seconds lopped off 0 to 100kph. No falling off after 3000rpm - pulls straight through to redline / WOT shift point with a good sense of urgency. Short shifting at 3500rpm gives an even better result as it drops the next cog into the meat of the torque curve. Overtaking is much more impressive and diving for that gap in traffic equally so. But even more impressive is the impact of the torque improvement down low at highway cruise. I think on the whole trip south it only unlocked the torque converter in 5th gear twice. Before it would hunt quite a bit. Seems to have endless torque around 2000rpm and thus also much less drifting up and down in speed when on the cruise control. Peak boost is now 22psi up from 19 and no smoke evident.

According to the printout we have gone from 452nm to 586nm, and 140hp to 169hp (104kw to 126kw) at the wheels. Huge torque gains and these figures are slightly better than the demo Pajero tune that they sent out with their quote.

Economy? Frankly I'm not chasing or really care about economy gains. But it seems to be much the same as before. Maybe slightly better at 110kph highway cruise (8.3/100 down to 8.1/100kph). Bugger all in it I guess. Haven't towed the boat yet.

Re the organisation (no affiliation); experience was all good although not a lot of chat or consultation time to be had. Granted I dropped the car off very late one arvo. Gary definitely seemed to know the factory tune's foibles & I trusted he knew what he was doing. The workshop is huge and filled full of a mix of everyday, performance and 4WD vehicles. I'd estimate at least 80 vehicles there today. Flash-tuning seems to be a sideline to their general mechanical work. The workshop gave the impression of a very professionally run outfit, and all interactions I had with the various staff would support that.

So that's all the good stuff. The not so sure..... two things; I plugged my Ultragauge back in on the trip home and it showed the EGR opening. I previously had the resistor mod in place and EGR flow was always 0%. I pulled the resistor out before taking it to DTA as the flash-tune was meant to remove the EGR. Now, maybe they have removed it in a way that means the ECU will still report an EGR flow when perhaps there isn't. I'll definitely ask the tuner about it. A side note - when I removed the resistor mod I noticed that it no longer held an overly fast idle when cold. I'd always suspected the mod attributed to that and now I know that it does.

2nd not so sure thing.... DTA's service is pitched as; "custom tune is developed depending on your needs with an evident increase of performance and better fuel economy." and then "Description:
                            - Full Dyno Test before - Custom ECU Remap, including EGR delete (Valued $300)- Several Dyno runs to test engine reactions and smoke - ECU Fine-Tuning" . But looking at the dyno printout the baseline run is about 14 minutes before the flash-tuned run. I could well be wrong but it makes me wonder if a generic tune hasn't simply been loaded. I guess I could also ask about that one but ultimately given the Paj is otherwise stock (no exhaust, turbo or intake mods) would there be much to gain from one vehicle to another.

So, overall very happy with the end result and that's the bit that matters.

Pat
                            Attached Files
                            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• NT11Pajero
                              • Jun 2019
                              • Brisbane

You're right, an ecu tune does transform the car. That increase in power and torque looks right to me - assuming it's at all 4 wheels. I think you're right, I would assume they loaded on a base tune from a previous pajero and only needed to spin it up a few times on the dyno to confirm they were getting the air/fuel/timing etc they were expecting.
                              Pajero 2011 NT GLS DID Auto. 3" 304 stainless exhaust, dyno tuned (135awkw), EGR block, EGR cooler removed, provent catch can, custom intercooler

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X