View Single Post
Old 20-09-13
Valued Member

That's what I do with my passwords. Use nicknames instead of common names and add a capital letter in there with a numner as well.
With capitals it's a good idea to add them through the word as well I.e "PaUly" instead of just "Pauly" for example, or as Nik kindly pointed out, use a number as a letter I.e "PaU1y".

In saying that, my forum password is shocking in this regard and never bothered me as such because I have no delicate personal information stored here. Probably best I rectify that immediately anyways.
My passwords for email, facebook etc are all over 12 characters (facebook is well over 12characters lol) and each password is different between them.
It's also a good idea to run a one off scan with kaspersky tdsskiller and combofix to fix any registry settings that malware may of caused and also to remove any rootkits and keyloggers that maybe present. Both are 100% free to download and use.