• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitedg
    • Dec 2011
    • Rydalmere

Challenger Recalls

Sorry, but the page you were looking for cannot be found.

Product description
    11/12 MY Challenger 2WD & 4WD fitted with front suspension lower control arms.
    Identifying features
    Recall Campaign number: TFM2013-GC28-022
    Target: 2865

11 ~ 12MY Challenger 2WD:
    MMAGNKG40CF000004 ~ MMAGYKG40CF002509
    11 ~ 12MY Challenger 4WD
    MMAGNKH40BF001929 ~ MMAGYKH40CF002541
    What are the defects?
    There is a possibility of improper welding on Front Suspension Lower Control Arms (LCA) produced prior to Friday, 11 May 2012 which may result in the weld failing.
    What are the hazards?
    If the weld fails, it will be readily detected by the driver as the vehicle will become unstable, pulling to either left or right side of the road. The defect potentially poses a hazard to the driver and other road users.
    Traders who sold this product
    Mitsubishi vehicle dealerships
    Supplier
    Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited
    What should consumers do?
    As a precaution prior to inspection, customers should operate the vehicle in a conservative manner to avoid excessive shock load on the parts that may be affected.

All owners of affected vehicles have been contacted by mail sent to their last known address. Owners are requested to contact the nearest Mitsubishi authorised service Dealer at their earliest convenience to make an appointment to have your vehicle rectified.

If you do not have the Dealer phone number available, please call 1300 13 12 11, select option 2 and enter the post code of your selling Dealer to be re-directed to that Dealer or your post code to be re-directed to the nearest Dealer.

Owners who believe their vehicle is in the affected range and who have not received a letter by the 22nd November 2013 or require further information regarding this recall should call the Mitsubishi Customer Assistance Centre on 1300 13 12 11 and select option 4, then select option 2.
    MY12 PB LS Manual (Ironbark), HR towbar, Cooper AT3 Tyres, GME UHF, MM Alloy Nudgebar, Rhino-rack roof racks & basket, EGR resistor mod, DP-Chip, Diff Breathers.
  • Rosscomatic
    • Feb 2011
    • Perth

Originally posted by whitedg View Post
    http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1053621

11 ~ 12MY Challenger 4WD
    MMAGNKH40BF001929 ~ MMAGYKH40CF002541

Hey wow! That's me unless my deslyxia is playing up...

Mine is a 2010 model, but I'm MMAGYKH40AF000435. A comes before C in my book...

I haven't got a letter yet though... I might give them a call and confirm...
    Last edited by Rosscomatic; 19-11-13, 04:43 PM.
    My blog - www.offroadaussie.com
    2010 PB LS Challenger Auto. RedArc dual battery. GME UFH 80ch. Cargo barrier. Custom recovery points. Factory bull bar and towbar. Wandering Star Bushmaster camper trailer

Comment

• Rosscomatic
      • Feb 2011
      • Perth

Just called them and they said it was all fine.

Still had an outstnding recall on carpet floor mats, but we don't have carpet floor mats so no problems there...
      2010 PB LS Challenger Auto. RedArc dual battery. GME UFH 80ch. Cargo barrier. Custom recovery points. Factory bull bar and towbar. Wandering Star Bushmaster camper trailer

Comment

• Turtleman
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

Mine also not in the recall hmmmm phoned them up bet you it was fixed while in service last week for the 45,000km dealers would have known of this issue well in advance

Comment

• greig
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2010
          • kanwal

Originally posted by Rosscomatic View Post
          Hey wow! That's me unless my deslyxia is playing up...

Mine is a 2010 model, but I'm MMAGYKH40AF000435. A comes before C in my book...

I haven't got a letter yet though... I might give them a call and confirm...
          Ha ha....you must have deslyxia....A certainly comes before C, and it also comes before B.....but the recall didn't start until B !!

Comment

• amr75wcr
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2009
            • Sunny Coast

Mine went in today to have to seat back replaced on the left side (stitching coming undone)
            Had that replace and was then told about the recall, vehicle was inspected and a new left hand arm is required. The comment from the service adviser was whilst we are not aware of a failure here in Oz try not to drive the vehicle before the part arrives and we get it fitted, we'll that will be a challenge seeing it's my daily drive.
            On a footnote I have not received a letter for such a serious component suspect to failure and haven't moved since the purchase of the vehicle
            I wonder if roadside assist would have covered the vehicle if it failed heading from Pernie Bore to Dallhouise as that would have been a sure test for it.
            Wayne
            Last edited by amr75wcr; 19-11-13, 08:18 PM.
            04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Rosscomatic
              • Feb 2011
              • Perth

Originally posted by greig View Post
              Ha ha....you must have deslyxia....A certainly comes before C, and it also comes before B.....but the recall didn't start until B !!
              Yeah but MMAGY (mine) comes after MMAGN (theirs)...

Maybe we both have dyslexia!

Comment

• Ovets
                • Jun 2011
                • Canberra

Just checked and mine falls within the range but I haven't received any notification yet and like amr75wcr above I haven't moved since I bought the car new.

Will give the dealer a call tomorrow to check.
                2011 PB Challenger LS, Charcoal, manual, Hayman Reece towbar, ARB deluxe combo bullbar, Bushskinz bash plates (intercooler, sump and transfer case), Safari snorkel, Mickey Thompson ATZs, dual batteries, Uniden UH7760NB UHF, ARB 60l fridge, custom rear drawers

Comment

• Tony G
                  • Aug 2011
                  • Geelong

Mine is in the recall. Rang the dealer today, he said they only recently got notification and it is up to Mitsubishi Australia to contact the owners. Dealer said they require the vehicle for 6 hrs for the inspection and potential fix. There are actually two recalls, one to check the length of weld, not sure about the other.
                  2012 LS, manual, Ironbark. Factory Tow Bar, TJM High Loop Nudge Bar, GME UHF, Prodigy P3 brake controller.

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

Triton & Challenger Recall

Triton & Challenger 12MY 4WD Front Propeller Shaft Inspection

Sorry, but the page you were looking for cannot be found.

PRA number: 2013/13844
                    Date published: 20th November 2013
                    Product information
                    Product description
                    Triton & Challenger 12MY 4WD
                    Identifying features
                    Recall Campaign number: TFM2013-GC28-022
                    Target: 584

12MY 4WD Triton VIN Range:
                    MMAENKB40BCD004656 ~ MMAJYKB40CD005060

12MY 4WD Challenger VIN range:
                    MMAGNKH40CF000658 ~ MMAGYKH40CF001048
                    What are the defects?
                    There is a possibility of improper welding on Front Propeller Shafts manufactured prior to Friday, 25 November 2011 which may result in the weld failing. If the weld fails, the Front Propeller Shaft may break resulting in damage to the fuel pipe. Normal acceleration or deceleration of the vehicle may also be affected.
                    What are the hazards?
                    If damage occurs to the fuel pipe, fuel may leak and pose a fire hazard. In addition, decreased performance in acceleration and deceleration may pose an increased accident hazard to the driver and other road users.
                    Where the product was sold
                    Nationally
                    Traders who sold this product
                    Mitsubishi vehicle dealerships
                    Supplier
                    Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited
                    What should consumers do?
                    As a precaution prior to inspection, please operate the vehicle in a conservative manner in 2WD mode where possible.

All owners of affected vehicles have been contacted by mail sent to their last known address. Owners are requested to contact the nearest Mitsubishi authorised service Dealer at their earliest convenience to make an appointment to have your vehicle rectified.

If you do not have the Dealer phone number available, please call 1300 13 12 11, select option 2 and enter the post code of your selling Dealer to be re-directed to that Dealer or your post code to be re-directed to the nearest Dealer.

Owners who believe their vehicle is in the affected range and who have not received a letter by the 22nd November 2013 or require further information regarding this recall should call the Mitsubishi Customer Assistance Centre on 1300 13 12 11 and select option 4, then select option 2.
                    Advertisements and supporting documentation
                    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• amr75wcr
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • Sunny Coast

Mine also had a recall notice issued for the front prop shaft for inferior welding as well, not required on mine

Wayne
                      Last edited by amr75wcr; 20-11-13, 07:26 PM.
                      04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

Comment

• amr75wcr
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • Sunny Coast

Comment

• 900canoes
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2008
                          • FNQ

Must have been the same welder who did all the bash plate mounts.
                          2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• littleriver
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Queensland

not the same recall
                            this one was released today
                            2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• amr75wcr
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • Sunny Coast

MM inspected mine yesterday hence the reference to the other recall

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X