Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

remove all the trim for the centre consol and MMCS surround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simonsm99
    • Aug 2015
    • Qld

I know this is an old thread but im trying to take off the plastic silver plate above gear shifter as the plastic around the stick has moved and is sometimes jamming the gear shifter.

Is that possible to take just that off or do you have to remove the whole console.

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Simonsm99 View Post
      I know this is an old thread but im trying to take off the plastic silver plate above gear shifter as the plastic around the stick has moved and is sometimes jamming the gear shifter.

Is that possible to take just that off or do you have to remove the whole console.
      Welcome to the forum mate – your first post I see.

Might be as well to give us a photo – some of the blokes will possibly know what you are talking about but I’m not sure – you’ve probably got an auto anyway.

It is a good idea to give the model details of your vehicle in your post, particularly if you don’t have them in your signature. You should enter them there so we know what model Pajero etc. you have, then they always come up whenever you post anything.

I would say the bit you are talking about is part of the whole centre console that comes off over the gear stick – at least all that bit in my NP manual is. You screw the knobs off the gear stick and transfer lever and the whole centre section lifts up - that is, once you've unattached it from the base.

Cheers

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Simonsm99
        • Aug 2015
        • Qld

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
        Welcome to the forum mate – your first post I see.

Might be as well to give us a photo – some of the blokes will possibly know what you are talking about but I’m not sure – you’ve probably got an auto anyway.

It is a good idea to give the model details of your vehicle in your post, particularly if you don’t have them in your signature. You should enter them there so we know what model Pajero etc. you have, then they always come up whenever you post anything.

I would say the bit you are talking about is part of the whole centre console that comes off over the gear stick – at least all that bit in my NP manual is. You screw the knobs off the gear stick and transfer lever and the whole centre section lifts up - that is, once you've unattached it from the base.

Cheers

Geoff
        Thanks for the info Geoff... damn newbie posters haha.

My pajero is a 2010 platinum edition, attached is a pic of the area the red arrow shows the plastic near the gear stick that has fallen through that i am trying to get to and the blue arrows are the actual silver plastic I was referring to.
        Attached Files

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

To play with that I reckon you'll have to remove the whole centre console trim. It isn't difficult once you've done it once. Follow the instruction at the beginning of this thread - I use a clean paint scraper about 50 to 75mm. wide to push down in the grove and pop the trim up. Be careful using a screwdriver as it will mark the plastic.

Cheers

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• goog1948
            • Jul 2013
            • Singleton NSW

jaycar sell a set of trim removal tools ,5 in the set made of tough plastic various sizes and shapes ,doesn't leave marks , mine are a coloured blue

Comment

• Boony
              • Oct 2017
              • Adelaide

Hi Victor Do you have Diagrams for the tailgate door trim. I need to remove to run rear dash camera . Many thanks Peter

Comment

• nscheg75
                • Nov 2017
                • Noarlunga Downs

Originally posted by Boony View Post
                Hi Victor Do you have Diagrams for the tailgate door trim. I need to remove to run rear dash camera . Many thanks Peter
                This website will be your best friend:

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X