• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RyanR
    • Sep 2018
    • Sydney

Newby looking for NX

Hi all,

I think it's only decency to briefly introduce myself and my intentions.

I live in Sydney and currently drive a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara.
    Although I've enjoyed the old lady it's about time to look for a replacement.
    The missus and I enjoy exploring various beaches and bush tracks but in the new car we'll take it much deeper outback, hopefully including the simpson.

I've been looking at Patrols, FJ Cruisers, MU-Xs and Pajero NXs and basically decided to go for the NX based on its touring capability and space (and price).

Once purchased it will need the following straight away
    Tow bar
    Lift (bilstein/lovell?)
    Provent catch can
    Roof rack
    Bull bar
    Couplertech (taken off suzuki)

And along the way I'd like to add
    Under body protection
    Cargo barrier
    2nd battery
    Diff breathers

All I need now is to find an NX I like.... Found one with most stuff mentioned above and <40,000km.....but I didn't trust it; why get rid of it in 1,5years after you added so much extra?

Anyway, that's me.
    I've been reading here for some time now and gained some valuable info, many thanks for that!

Ryan
    My introduction:
    https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=62295
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Nice mate, I'm in Sydney and just picked up an NX too. I'm loving it so far.

Re: the one you found but didn't trust. Maybe they just changed their mind? I'll be honest, I do that a lot and have been through lots of cars.

Comment

• RyanR
      • Sep 2018
      • Sydney

I understand what you're saying but our quest for a NX is in early days so I left that one. (feels like 50/50 whether it was a change of mind or issues with the car. Future will tell if we passed in on the best option)

What color NX do I look for to find you ?
      Hope you'll have many years of fun with it
      My introduction:

Comment

• RyanR
        • Sep 2018
        • Sydney

*found NX*

Well, we've bitten the bullet....bought a NX!
        Brand new, tow bar and spare wheel lifter included.

First things we'll do to it is a Rhino Pioneer on the factory rails(I know about the 80kg) and a catch can. Was thinking Provent but will have another look at this forum about pros and cons between Provent and HPD.

From my old car I'll bring;
        Spotties
        UHF
        Couplertec
        Awning
        Maxtrax

The wishlist down the road:
        Bull bar (TJM?)
        Dual battery
        Rear trays (DIY, compressor in seat bay)
        Suspension - lift (leaning towards Bistein&Lovells)
        My introduction:

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

I'd be adding a mod to stop the egr opening. Lot's of info on that in here, whether you do it yourself or buy the plug in type.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• RyanR
            • Sep 2018
            • Sydney

Very tempting indeed. I've read the post.
            But a bit to scared to mess up the ECU. Not much good experience with the topic (Maybe more the reason&#128522

I did forget to mention a 2nd fuel filter.....
            My introduction:

Comment

• Ian H
              Valued Member
              • May 2015
              • Melbourne

Mate, it does no harm to the ecu or anything else. My NX has had since the early days and has now done over 80k. If you want to keep air coming in with no gunk in the manifold, these are an absolute must have option. Otherwise you'll be cleaning out the manifold which will look like a smokers lungs in a few years.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                Mate, it does no harm to the ecu or anything else. My NX has had since the early days and has now done over 80k. If you want to keep air coming in with no gunk in the manifold, these are an absolute must have option. Otherwise you'll be cleaning out the manifold which will look like a smokers lungs in a few years.

Many Pajero owners on here do the same. I,ve had mine on since brand new (2014 NW) and along with the pro-vent, I consider them amongst the top mods to do. I,d also go for the ECB alloy bullbar. A lot lighter than the steel so you shouldnt have to muck around with suspension too much.
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• RyanR
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Sydney

Thanks for the replies, guys!
                  By now I've read even more about it and although I fully agree with the idea(EGRs are a pest) I won't make it priority yet.

Also came across sharkcaver's post about cracks in the bull bar punts so maybe alloy is the way to go....(although I'm not as adventurous as sharkcaver)

Cheers
                  My introduction:

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X